Not-a-cluey Dane Swan Wrist Injury - Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats true might go the other way and play for another 5 alot can happen in 2 years as we all know

His done everything thats needs to be done so hanging up the boots would not be to hard you would think

Wasn't Didak going to retire at the end of 2013 and go to the 2014 World Cup?

Instead he was delisted and is currently looking for (I believe) a club...things change quickly in footy.

Wasn't Didak going to retire at the end of 2013 and go to the 2014 World Cup?

Instead he was delisted and is currently looking for (I believe) a club...things change quickly in footy.

Your right but I think the Didak expected to play most games the last two years and go out on top probably feels like he has something to prove

My best mate met Dane Swan in Belgium about a month ago. Was chatting to him in a coffee shop and was speaking about football and life after footy etc.

Swanny said to him 2014 is 100% his last year and he will be lucky to play 10 -15 games with the way his wrist is. Unfortunately the injury has left him with chronic pain throughout his hand and fingers. He was supposed to have the pins in his wrist until February but decided to have them out now as they were causing him grief.

Also hinted at moving to the states for the majority of 2015 with his partner

Seen the news lately? He had his wrist operated on and come late January it will be 100% again, and now he is flagging the chances of signing a new 2 year deal during next season.

:)

HBFlanker way off the mark with this opening post.

hope his wrist ok, is he a free agent next year? Be a shame if he joins up with Mick, Daisy, Butters, Woods, etc etc and he's a bit injured.

I reckon theres a few Pies haters have injured their wrists in excitement reading about Swans alleged career ending injury.

Even true Pie haters like me (although thanks to Bombers this year Pies have lost top loathing ranking :mad: ) would hate to see Swan retire early. Apart from when he plays your team he is great to watch and plays in a way few can or do.
Off the field he gives some life into the sterile, robotic world that is AFL playerdom these days. He enjoys taking the piss (except early in the morning for ASADA's benefit) and is one of the few characters/larrikans left.

That is hands down the worst come back I have ever seen on bigfooty. Not only is there spelling errors in your come back, you are not one bit funny and I'm betting that your ugly.

How defensive do you collingwood supporters want to get? Face facts, your old news and your list underperformed to only get one flag in a successful period. You knifed one of your greatest coaches for a bloke who can't coach to save himself and has never tasted success. If a rumour about your best player retiring gets you so worked up, I can't wait to get back on here in September next year when you've finished 14th in 2014
"You're", or "you are". Don't nitpick spelling if you are (that's how it's done) going to make silly errors in your (and there is another one) response.
Just to highlight the additional errors in HBFlanker's post:
- It is actually 'BigFooty';
- Either 'Not only are there spelling errors', or 'Not only is there a spelling error';
- Collingwood is a proper noun.

Will you be back here in September if we win flag number 16?

Just to highlight the additional errors in HBFlanker's post:
- It is actually 'BigFooty';
- Either 'Not only are there spelling errors', or 'Not only is there a spelling error';
- Collingwood is a proper noun.

Will you be back here in September if we win flag number 16?

All the best with that mate

Bullshit spoke to him in Vegas said he will only play for another 2 years and said his wrist will be fine he expects be back at the start of preseason

His wrist was pretty bad for the last 2 years so its pretty impressive what he has been able to do

I spoke to him in manchester and he said his wrist is 100% fine and that he will be playing till 2020 and aims to win 5 brownlows and 5 premierships in that time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it hard to believe Swan would just unload a scoop like that onto some random guy in the coffee shop.

That depends whether the coffee shop was in Belgium (as claimed) or over the Dutch border ;)

I saw Swanny in Bejing last month and he said (and I quote) "
4zpzs_yxj_13_3731.jpg
"
Ah, we both had a bit of a chuckle about that one

Swan can probably spot a naive fool instantly and feed him s**t for the fun off it. That's the only explanation why he would divulge information of this nature to you or any of your acquaintances.

My best mate met Dane Swan in Belgium about a month ago. Was chatting to him in a coffee shop and was speaking about football and life after footy etc.

Swanny said to him 2014 is 100% his last year and he will be lucky to play 10 -15 games with the way his wrist is. Unfortunately the injury has left him with chronic pain throughout his hand and fingers. He was supposed to have the pins in his wrist until February but decided to have them out now as they were causing him grief.

Also hinted at moving to the states for the majority of 2015 with his partner

Either you best mate had you fooled.......or you don't have a best mate perhaps!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back