Daniel Cross (Melbourne)

Remove this Banner Ad

Smart move, will show the kids how hard they have to work in training and off the field, and provide invaluable leadership.

Ultimate professional and a real coup for Melbourne.

He's got at least a season left in the tank.

very happy with that, still has plenty to offer a team like Melbourne

Agreed, glad Melbourne decided to go for Cross. He will provide a great chop-out for Jones as an inside mid, and has reportedly always shown the highest level of dedication on the training track.

Way better 'experienced signing' than some of the players brought in this time last year.

Lot of respect for Cross.

Never was, never will be a matchwinner but will teach the kids the right way to play, and prepare. Consummate professional - must admit I thought Shannon Byrnes would play this role but that hasn't worked as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be an excellent pickup. Might butcher it a bit, but will always give his all and should provide a great example. Smart move.

What does deserves better mean?

Why is playing for MFC such a bad option?

because our 2008 club champion that gave everything for the club is reduced to playing for a side that is going to get thumped by 50+ on the regular, at the end of his 2 year deal he will be well and truly finished and delisted. Lets hope the money sets him up for his post footy career at least. Obviously going into a team in contention is a "better" outcome.

because our 2008 club champion that gave everything for the club is reduced to playing for a side that is going to get thumped by 50+ on the regular, at the end of his 2 year deal he will be well and truly finished and delisted. Lets hope the money sets him up for his post footy career at least. Obviously going into a team in contention is a "better" outcome.

Nice morale compass you have there!

We are giving him another opportunity & I'm sure his drive isn't money related!
You are also conveniently forgetting that whilst we did get thrashed too many times I care to remember, the fact is we actually beat you guys so I'm not sure who that reflects more poorly upon.

I wish the dogs all the best going forward & like 99% of dogs fans they wish Cross all the best moving forward too, but you are a flog!

What makes your club so more superior than mine? Nothing!

Melbourne have reportedly offered Daniel cross a lifeline with a 2yr deal that he comes and plays with Melbourne on a coach/player contract!

I don't think it's got a coaching component I believe he was interested in a sports science role within a football club after he's done playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back