Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts EKA Medal - Sweet FA Rising Star
Sep 12, 2008
Naracoorte
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Norwood, Memphis Grizzlies, Bengals
Who is the better player? (Not who you'd rather in your team, age is not a factor)

Both medium-sized forwards who can rotate into the midfield. Both good around goals and capable of taking a mark.

I went with Gia. Despite LeCras being younger and much improved in recent years, I still think Gia is much better than people on bigfooty give him credit for. Has kicked and set up more goals than his Eagle's counterpart this year, despite being in a considerably worse team. Has also accumulated much more disposals and taken more marks. His 23 disposal, 5 goal game vs Geelong at Skilled Stadium shows he is much more than the "downhill skier" he is often portrayed as.

This is a no brainier I'd take LeCras every day of the week. Not only is he younger, quicker, more dangerous on the run and is a better shot for goal, but he often makes good decisions and hurts you more with his disposal.

This is a no brainier I'd take LeCras every day of the week. Not only is he younger, quicker, more dangerous on the run and is a better shot for goal, but he often makes good decisions and hurts you more with his disposal.

Younger doesn't really come into it, I'm not asking who you'd rather in your team, more who is better. There is a difference. As an example: Barry Hall is a better forward than, say, Josh Kennedy, but you'd most likely take Josh Kennedy.

As for who is a better shot on goal out of Gia and LeCras:
Giansiracusa has kicked 43.17 in 2011
LeCras has kicked 41.27 in 2011

Make of that what you will.

I'm not sure how to judge how much hurt factor with diposal, but I suppose supercoach/champion data points are something of a indicator of that, which Gia just shades LeCras in. Giansiracusa also averages 1.0 goal assists per game compared to LeCras 0.3 goal assists per game.

Something tells me that Gia is always going to be underrated, especially on here.

Beginning to look like the Judd/Thomas poll.

Or the Ablett/Thomas one.

Only this I thought would actually have an argument to it either way. I know Gia is a whipping boy around here, even among Bulldogs supporters, but it's ridiculous.

When a neutral supporter tries to say LeCras is a better shot at goal, despite him kicking less goals and more behinds, it shows some people just can't take the blinkers off when looking at a certain player.

Gia gets more of the ball, kicks more goals, sets more up, all in a much weaker team I might add, and is a leader of his team. I can understand LeCras being ahead, given how much some can't acknowledge Gia, but I'm perplexed by this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on?

From what i've seen of the Dogs this year Gia has been a FF on occassions and has had a lot more one on one opportunities than Le Crah, good players in the Eagles Fwd line now and i'm sure if you looked at the Fwd 50 targets they would be heavilly in favour of Gia, Le Crah has proven he can kick 60+ when playing in a similar set up to Gia, so my point is if LeCrah was playing for the Dog in 2011 he would have more goals than Gia.

Yeah,also kicked 60 in a team that finished 16th.. so the ''weaker team'' argument is irrelevant.

Lecras and pretty easily. Defensively better. Has better pace. Doesn't just beat up on inexperienced sides.

Brad Green V Gia would be more appropriate.

Lecras and pretty easily. Defensively better. Has better pace. Doesn't just beat up on inexperienced sides.

Brad Green V Gia would be more appropriate.

Come on, Daz.

Gia's best game for the year came against Geelong at Skilled with 5 goals.

Also kicked a bag of 4 against west coast.

He didn't play vs Collingwood.

in his 6 combined games against Geelong, Hawthorn twice, Carlton and West Coast twice he has kicked 16 goals.

Saying he only beats up on weak teams is just ill-informed.

lecras' has had a fairly average year by his standards.

he's has some good games and some poor ones.

gia has had his best season.

so gia has been better this season, not by a heap though.

if you were to pick either player, you'd have to take lecras. he's just an all round better player.

Had to go to pro stats for the fwd 50 target, dead even (4.7), in fact most of the stats are even, one stat that wasn't is inside 50s, LeCrah 3.9 to Gia 2.3, which obviously means Le Crah is being pushed out to the flanks now days because of the form of the 2 big WC Fwds, personally i'm not surprised Gia is having such a good year, always been a very good player, LeCrah wins though IMO.

lecras' has had a fairly average year by his standards.

he's has some good games and some poor ones.

gia has had his best season.

so gia has been better this season, not by a heap though.

if you were to pick either player, you'd have to take lecras. he's just an all round better player.

Disagree there, LeCrah isn't capable of playing midfield to Gia's standard, Gia has shown he can play Fwd to very close to LeCrah's standard, Gia clearly the better overall player IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back