Dannyle Pearce's kicking

Remove this Banner Ad

Pearce can improve his kicking, no doubt. But his pace at getting to the contest or getting free was something that was noticeable to me in Thursday night's game. He provides a lot to the team. He can better, yes.

And the comment about swapping with Wellingham was over the top hyperbole. Wellingham can't even get a game for West Coast, meaning that their coaches think he is worse than Masten and Gaff.

I like to see Pearce shoot when on the run from outside 50 - his ability to swing out left to gain a few metres and then pull the kick back enough to manufacture a score is high class. On the other hand, I wish he would work on his snaps for goal, he butchers far too many.

Wellingham was a flanker at Collingwood because he couldnt force his way into their midfield.
WC have a much weaker Mid than Collingwood and he still cant get a game
Highly over rated and Pearce is a much more valuable player.Pearces pace would be a Godsend to WC midfield

Wellingham or WellingLOL as I refer to him since the move ;) is a skilled playmaker and finisher who isn't a downhill skier and he was part of that midfield at the pies.. a midfield stronger than ours back then (offensively anyways!)
He is struggling at WCE, IMO as he is played out of position (and has had interrupted preseasons). God knows why their best kick is tagging with Selwood and Masten shanking left and right. After all WCE even tried a 3 and a 4 ruck strategy... unique for sure but puzzling!

Danny Pearce will ice a goal if you're 50 points up, if you're 6 points down you know where its going...... and its not through the big sticks.
Rather Wellingham in all honesty, younger than Pearce and unlike Sylvia he can be turned around and improved.

Wellingham or WellingLOL as I refer to him since the move ;) is a skilled playmaker and finisher who isn't a downhill skier and he was part of that midfield at the pies.. a midfield stronger than ours back then (offensively anyways!)
He is struggling at WCE, IMO as he is played out of position (and has had interrupted preseasons). God knows why their best kick is tagging with Selwood and Masten shanking left and right. After all WCE even tried a 3 and a 4 ruck strategy... unique for sure but puzzling!

Danny Pearce will ice a goal if you're 50 points up, if you're 6 points down you know where its going...... and its not through the big sticks.
Rather Wellingham in all honesty, younger than Pearce and unlike Sylvia he can be turned around and improved.
this is exactly what I was tring to get at, Flankers are midfielders ... look at our hff's for the next game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back