Darcy Moore (old thread, closed, please post in other Darcy thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nardz

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NUFC
Just heard triple m mention something about peter moore's son that plays for the club ricky nixon is coaching or something like that... they mentioned he was a very good player and will definitly be playing afl in a few years..

not sure how old he is or anything but i wonder if the club is looking at him as a father-son pick? you would think so..

I think Darcy was part of the group of father sons training at Lexus during the year. Also the sons of Daics, Ned, Perty etc in the group. So he is on the radar thats for sure.

From - Future Magpies Watch '09

Jackson Starcevich, as we know, is playing U16's this year.
Darcy Moore's playing U13's.
Ned McKeown's playing U14's.
Ben Monkhorst would be about 16, with Zach 14 and Ryley 13 at best guess.
Ethan Wright is playing U12's, James Wright U10's.
Josh Daicos is playing U11's, Nicholas is in tackers and turns 7 this year IIRC.
Josh Crosisca is playing U10's with James Wright. I note a Riley Crosisca and a George Daicos in U8's
Isaac Williams would be about 12, going on 13, and Louis 9 years old.

I don't know the ages of Rowdy, Ned Kelly or Chrisso's kids.

Just had a kick at Vic Park and had a wee chat to Peter Moore who was having a kick with his son Darcy. Darcy stands at a very impressive 197cm and was kicking from 50 with ease. He currently playing at center half forward and is Vic Captain. Peter reckons he'll play a bit of center half back to learn the ropes. I asked if he'll be picked up under father and son at Melbourne or Pies? He's only eligible at the Pies if luck goes their way (he was being modest).

Nice bloke. Peter is 198cm and still an impressive figure ... mind you I'm a small fella. The way his son is going he'll fill out very nicely indeed.

Anyone see Darcy play first hand recently? I just did a google and he played under 15-16 last year.

Just had a kick at Vic Park and had a wee chat to Peter Moore who was having a kick with his son Darcy. Darcy stands at a very impressive 197cm and was kicking from 50 with ease. He currently playing at center half forward and is Vic Captain. Peter reckons he'll play a bit of center half back to learn the ropes. I asked if he'll be picked up under father and son at Melbourne or Pies? He's only eligible at the Pies if luck goes their way (he was being modest).

Nice bloke. Peter is 198cm and still an impressive figure ... mind you I'm a small fella. The way his son is going he'll fill out very nicely indeed.

Anyone see Darcy play first hand recently? I just did a google and he played under 15-16 last year.

Not Heard Much about Darcy but people reckon he is just about the Top Prospect of his Draft Year.

Peter did not play enough games for Melbourne for Father and Son. We are the only team that can get him under father son

Not Heard Much about Darcy but people reckon he is just about the Top Prospect of his Draft Year.

Peter did not play enough games for Melbourne for Father and Son. We are the only team that can get him under father son

The only thing I wanted to hear!

Peter played 77 games for Melbourne - you need 100 (?) games to qualify for f/s. He played 172 for Collingwood.

On a sidenote, is it a travesty that Moore was only AA once in 79, yet won a brownlow in 79 AND 84?
Serious question as I am too young to have seen him play...

- its a shame Peter ever left Collingwood tbh.

Would be funny to have Darcy Moore and Travis Cloke at our club.

Peter Moore basically left because we got David Cloke.

Nice little earner to get both their siblings playing well for us at once.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure you mean to say offspring...

10 he had it all - tall and strong bodied, fast over the ground for a ruckman, great hands above the head through to below the knees and could kick a goal. One of our great rucks along with Thommo and Monky.

He probably needs to play some TAC Cup first.

Still playing under 16s.

Currently playing for Carey Grammar in year 11.

So if he is in year 11 this year, 2012, then at the end of year 12 he will get drafted you would think? so draft end of 2013, playing 2014, potentially have a run or two in the Pies VFL team as a 17 year old in 2013?

Is that about right?

197cm for a kid in year 11 is pretty promising.

Is that something you know Blessed? or are you just "doing the math" like me? seems strange that a kid doing year 11 in 2012, year 12 in 2013, first year uni in 2014 cant play footy till 2015, thats what, second year university age, is that standard these days?

That is utter rubbish.

Peter Moore left after the fallout from the 1981 GF loss. Tom Hafey felt Moore let the club down by putting his hand up to play for the GF with a hamstring injury. Hafey didn't like his efforts in the GF and let him know at the post GF dinner.

Attempts were made to patch up the differences between coach and player with a meeting at Moore's Eltham home. The meeting ended with coach and player having to be seperated. Moore then did a deal with Melbourne.

It had absolutely zero to do with David Cloke.

That is utter rubbish.

Peter Moore left after the fallout from the 1981 GF loss. Tom Hafey felt Moore let the club down by putting his hand up to play for the GF with a hamstring injury. Hafey didn't like his efforts in the GF and let him know at the post GF dinner.

Attempts were made to patch up the differences between coach and player with a meeting at Moore's Eltham home. The meeting ended with coach and player having to be seperated. Moore then did a deal with Melbourne.

It had absolutely zero to do with David Cloke.

Who did we get to replace Peter Moore.

Answer:- David Cloke.

with Raines that set off the trading war where Stewart, McCormick and Micheal Richardson left the Pies.

So if we get Cloke, Moore and Stewart's prodigy then that is a result.

That is the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back