News Darren Jolly on The Block

Remove this Banner Ad

Why wouldn't he consider himself Collingwood? He left the club knowing he had more to give. He's entitled to his opinion. He was smashing in the reserves at the 2013 and we chose to ruck Keeffe in a final. I dont blame him for being angry in some ways. Premiership player. Wouldn't have a flag without him. Simple.
This the same Jolly who could hardly jump when he played in the seniors that year? Smashing it? How so? What were his stats in the reserves late in the season?

Gee his wife played him like a fiddle tonight.

After Jols stayed up all night, seemingly by himself, painting his room, he grabbed a half hour kip in the morning at which point his wife cheerfully told him that he didn't need to paint so much as that wall was going to be covered in panelling ( and also painted) effectively guaranteeing another all nighter for him, as he is doing all the work by himself, no tradies to help him.

He got a bit pissy at that, and he invited his wife to put the tool belt on and do it herself, as that was the only way that wall was having panelling. She hit him with the ol' 1-2-3 punch which was clearly a manoeuvre she is well experienced at.

1) get angry at him, drop a few F-bombs, assert her dominance,

2) turn on the waterworks, go and stand by herself staring out a window quietly sobbing,

3) give him the silent treatment, deny his existence - "I don't have a teammate today".

Before you know it, Darren is off in the bedroom putting up the panelling, conceding defeat to the nation. I have the feeling this is a scene that has played out in various ways many times in the Jolly household over the years.

Sounds vaguely like the way he left Sydney.
Or the lead up to the 2006 Grand Final.

Apologies for intruding on your board like this, and will cop it sweet if your mods think this post is inappropriate.

Sounds vaguely like the way he left Sydney.
Or the lead up to the 2006 Grand Final.

Apologies for intruding on your board like this, and will cop it sweet if your mods think this post is inappropriate.

What his Misses gave him the Orders?

This the same Jolly who could hardly jump when he played in the seniors that year? Smashing it? How so? What were his stats in the reserves late in the season?

Smashing it so much that he got smashed himself by Wayde Skipper in the VFL elimination final...

Got towelled up by Cam Wood in the elimination final. No way he could have been selected against Port on that performance.

Got towelled up by Cam Wood in the elimination final. No way he could have been selected against Port on that performance.

Actually, it was Wayde Skipper.

Interestingly though, he did actually get toweled up by Wood about a month or so prior, against Williamstown.

That fact alone should have been enough to stamp his papers...

Actually, it was Wayde Skipper.

Interestingly though, he did actually get toweled up by Wood about a month or so prior, against Williamstown.

That fact alone should have been enough to stamp his papers...

You're right of course, I realised as soon as I saw your post at the same time as mine. Just couldn't be bothered with the sneaky edit to cover my mistake.

Yep.
Demanded he move back to Melbourne, so he did

Demanded he didn't play in the 2006 Grand Final, so he didn't

First of all, were you a fly on the wall?

Second, are you in a relationship? It's all about compromise. She had followed him around for years and wanted to settle down. The same probably happened with Chris Judd.

First of all, were you a fly on the wall?

Second, are you in a relationship? It's all about compromise. She had followed him around for years and wanted to settle down. The same probably happened with Chris Judd.
Judd didn't want to have to deal with the problems of others (west coast drug issue) so he left, pure and simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who cares? The only reality show I watch is X Factor. Rest are so heavily edited and full of it.

X Factor is bloody terrible, bunch of twats that just want their 15 mins of fame. Watched one episode of the block, was like "is that Jolly?" seen him tip over a wheel barrow full of stuff. Shook my head and turned it off.

X Factor is bloody terrible, bunch of twats that just want their 15 mins of fame. Watched one episode of the block, was like "is that Jolly?" seen him tip over a wheel barrow full of stuff. Shook my head and turned it off.
I would say that this season a number would get more than their 15 mins of fame.

Wasnt a very good example, his wife is from Perth

Stop being a smart arse. Exchange the names for another footballer and it would be correct.

The point was made because someone said that Jolly's wife was demanding the move. My points were - how do people know this (other than third hand information) and second this sort of discussion would come up in most relationships where a couple is living away from home. She wouldn't have been out of line to want to return home, just like many footballers who demand the same thing each year.

Last edited:
Who cares if she wants to return home?

Is she not allowed to have her own desires?

Lol what the actual * on the last page.

Of Jolly's different decisions, I actually respect him for moving back to Melbourne to help his wife's recovery from Post-Natal Depression. I did exactly the same thing (albeit in a much less public situation) and have no doubt that it was the right thing to do.

And to be clear, I see that the issue of her coping with/recovering from PND as quite separate from whether or not she has Darren bluffed in their relationship.

Think his reaction to being delisted by Collingwood is a completely different kettle of fish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back