Darwin Football Association - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So has anybody expressed interest at Ridgley? Will they target a playing or non playing coach:confused:
They would target a coach to bring some fresh blood in I reckon. And plenty of it, look at timmy mac, bought in Sims, Gleeson, his brother etc all good senior players. There is plenty of coin up there so it shouldn't be a problem attracting anybody. Will give for an A-grade midfielder you would think??

So has anybody expressed interest at Ridgley? Will they target a playing or non playing coach:confused:
Already in talks with a bloke from Bendigo I think Cheese! Apparently he's moving to tassie for personal reasons! Was seen at greens talking footy with a good midfielder and a washed up Forward!! Could be linked as possible recruits

Already in talks with a bloke from Bendigo I think Cheese! Apparently he's moving to tassie for personal reasons! Was seen at greens talking footy with a good midfielder and a washed up Forward!! Could be linked as possible recruits

He would have been talking smack this possible recruit you speak of :D

The washed up forward sounds interesting :thumbsu:

I have no idea. The only people moving back to Tassie is myself and Fields who has already told me that he would never go to Ridgley....
Fieldy back in town and working for Towna and knocking around with Immsy and all the South blokes of his that are mates,would he go to Wivenhoe or back to Somerset , would walk in to the Dockers again, may get caught Statewide selling "candy" occassionally but !

Fieldy back in town and working for Towna and knocking around with Immsy and all the South blokes of his that are mates,would he go to Wivenhoe or back to Somerset , would walk in to the Dockers again, may get caught Statewide selling "candy" occassionally but !

Too fat now for statewide now :D Yes, he sold more candy at North Bendigo than Willy Wonka himself!!! I bet I can talk him into playing where I do...........................

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can anyone beat south burnie this year in the reserves and how many will they drop back from the seniors?
No,will be a record 6 in a row,11 available to come back from the Seniors,HOWEVER, sometimes the "Senior" players can actually upset the balance and processes in place by the Reserves team.In fact,it can be harder to get a kick waht with umpiring,which by the way at the weekend in all 4 games left a lot to be desired,delivery and a reserve player pretty keen to have a senior "scalp" under the belt so to speak.The Roos at the weekend did well to beat Yolla as their younger players have pace and enthusiasm on their side.South deserve to be favourites this week on the back end of history and only dropping one game this year but the Somerset side will have some confidence after last week.Anything can happen in finals.Ridgley to bounce back in the Seniors and Queeny to beat Yolla in the other game,just !

Darwin Football Association 2011 Team of the Year
Backs: J. Nash (y.d) A.Bulter (r.s) N.Ewington (y.d)

Half Back: G.Deverell (n.m) N.Gregson (c.b) D.Hardy (r.s)

Centre: J.Brakey (sb.h) T.MacMichael (s.r) C.Jones (y.d)

Half Forward: Z.Wish-Wilson (y.d) S.Turner (n.m) C.Wedd (q.c)

Forward: A.House (y.d) B.Dennis (q.c) S.Summers (y.r)

Followers: M.King (r.s) A.Ralston (y.d) N.Coulson (r.s)

Intrechange: J.Newson (q.c) Ad.King (r.s) C.Temby (r.s)

Captain: Tim MacMichael

Vice-Captain: Jayde Nash

No,will be a record 6 in a row,11 available to come back from the Seniors,HOWEVER, sometimes the "Senior" players can actually upset the balance and processes in place by the Reserves team.In fact,it can be harder to get a kick waht with umpiring,which by the way at the weekend in all 4 games left a lot to be desired,delivery and a reserve player pretty keen to have a senior "scalp" under the belt so to speak.The Roos at the weekend did well to beat Yolla as their younger players have pace and enthusiasm on their side.South deserve to be favourites this week on the back end of history and only dropping one game this year but the Somerset side will have some confidence after last week.Anything can happen in finals.Ridgley to bounce back in the Seniors and Queeny to beat Yolla in the other game,just !

well u didnt seem to upset the reserves after dropping back mooch :D

Darwin Football Association 2011 Team of the Year
Backs: J. Nash (y.d) A.Bulter (r.s) N.Ewington (y.d)

Half Back: G.Deverell (n.m) N.Gregson (c.b) D.Hardy (r.s)

Centre: J.Brakey (sb.h) T.MacMichael (s.r) C.Jones (y.d)

Half Forward: Z.Wish-Wilson (y.d) S.Turner (n.m) C.Wedd (q.c)

Forward: A.House (y.d) B.Dennis (q.c) S.Summers (y.r)

Followers: M.King (r.s) A.Ralston (y.d) N.Coulson (r.s)

Intrechange: J.Newson (q.c) Ad.King (r.s) C.Temby (r.s)

Captain: Tim MacMichael

Vice-Captain: Jayde Nash

That is a bloody quality team. Good stuff

well u didnt seem to upset the reserves after dropping back mooch :D
I have long gone retired from playing Buddy but from my viewpoint the blokes that play the earlier time slot have the same value around every club as those that play at 2.The good thing about this year from my very humble observation is the amount of young kids still at school playing which is a good sign for the comp , not so good for Tassie footy in Hobart as the pathway in place now is not great.

That is a bloody quality team. Good stuff
Any room for I Rolls from Somerset in the forward line,very good lead up forward that presents well,like the King lads from Ridgley.but the best forward line ruckman in the comp.Sets plenty of goals up with a deft tap here and there,similar to his idol,Cyril Rioli, but his skin a bit lighter in colour :thumbsu:

I have long gone retired from playing Buddy but from my viewpoint the blokes that play the earlier time slot have the same value around every club as those that play at 2.The good thing about this year from my very humble observation is the amount of young kids still at school playing which is a good sign for the comp , not so good for Tassie footy in Hobart as the pathway in place now is not great.

Two's are an extremely important part of country football on and off the field. If there were no two's then who would spend money at the can bar which rakes in dosh throughout the year to pay senior players? Who would top up the seniors in times of need when there are injuries? But in saying that, if you got to a club with the intention of winning a twos flag then your there for ALL the wrong reasons....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back