David Koch - The Chairman of the Board

Remove this Banner Ad

The way the chasing greatness fund has gone is the best indicator of where people think this regime is at. It's basically raised enough for a lukewarm pie and some chips from the bottom of the fryer.

Cahill spoke this am on SEN and backed Ken too. He is known to have challenged Ken so if he is towing the line we are in strife. Tredders wont be involved at all whilst at Channel 9.

Like many have said, the problem is there is a small minority that are keen to see Ken go (i.e. most on here). There are however far more that think we are doing great. It's not going to change. For your health, like what i did back in 2019, try and step away from it and don't invest yourself so much and you don't get as disappointed.
So why don’t you quit channel 9?

That letter from Richo is the most damaging thing he's said about the club since he was PAMFC CEO and tried to claim the history of the club over the PAFC.

He talks about a review, but he's already given a pass mark to the coaches. Why bother having a review then, Richo? The result of the review has already been decided and the people who should be squarely in the sights of such a review are running it.

And then to talk about courage! Courage from this administration! They've fostered a pathetic, loser culture where people show courage when and where they feel like it, with no consequences for weakness and poor performance. We've gone 9 years now under this regime, and the ONLY big name who has been held accountable and moved on is Chad Wingard. Not the coaches who let him fall from hottest young star in the comp to pretty good midfielder. Not the club leadership who scapegoated him and trashed his reputation on the way out.

We've been the most disappointing football club in the league for the last decade in terms of failing to live up to our promise, and every single key decision maker over the last decade is either still here, or has left on their own terms. Not one key decision maker has been held accountable.

And now we're being told that they're leading their own review.

This club sacked Russell Ebert of all people as coach after a couple of seasons where we finished high on the ladder and didn't get the job done in the finals, and we went on to win 7 of the next 9 flags. That was courage. Koch trying to define courage would look something like Eric trying to describe Business Ethics in Billy Madison.

How about.

This is not acceptable at the PAFC. We will.be reviewing the full football club from the president down to the bootstudder including all coaches to do everything we can to ensure we don't let our members down like this again.

Put some heat on.

And then importantly, do what you say you will do.

#sackken

As Bomber said....
“You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do.” - Carl Jung

Unfortunately I don't think they are willing to do both.

That letter from Richo is the most damaging thing he's said about the club since he was PAMFC CEO and tried to claim the history of the club over the PAFC.

He talks about a review, but he's already given a pass mark to the coaches. Why bother having a review then, Richo? The result of the review has already been decided and the people who should be squarely in the sights of such a review are running it.

And then to talk about courage! Courage from this administration! They've fostered a pathetic, loser culture where people show courage when and where they feel like it, with no consequences for weakness and poor performance. We've gone 9 years now under this regime, and the ONLY big name who has been held accountable and moved on is Chad Wingard. Not the coaches who let him fall from hottest young star in the comp to pretty good midfielder. Not the club leadership who scapegoated him and trashed his reputation on the way out.

We've been the most disappointing football club in the league for the last decade in terms of failing to live up to our promise, and every single key decision maker over the last decade is either still here, or has left on their own terms. Not one key decision maker has been held accountable.

This club sacked Russell Ebert of all people as coach after a couple of seasons where we finished high on the ladder and didn't get the job done in the finals, and we went on to win 7 of the next 9 flags. That was courage. Koch trying to define courage would look something like Eric trying to describe Business Ethics in Billy Madison.

BIZZZZZNEZZZZZZ ETHICS

Cahill spoke this am on SEN and backed Ken too. He is known to have challenged Ken so if he is towing the line we are in strife. Tredders wont be involved at all whilst at Channel 9.

Like many have said, the problem is there is a small minority that are keen to see Ken go (i.e. most on here). There are however far more that think we are doing great. It's not going to change. For your health, like what i did back in 2019, try and step away from it and don't invest yourself so much and you don't get as disappointed.

Talking about yourself in the third person

That's distinctly presidential great man

Cahill has probably decided there is nothing more he can do here so moving on too might be best for him in the short term. Does he want to be tainted as being a board member whilst Hinks the 10 year nothing coach is keeping his job? he probably has better things to do, it would seem we are up against some strange AFL appointed Board which is happy with the way the club is going.

I think Cahill backing Ken is just playing the game, as that level he's probably not stupid enough to say what he really thinks is he?

The comment he made that as he maybe not be performing at his best (as he's stuck OS) maybe is a detriment to the club and he should stand down - I took as maybe a bit of self sacrifice around here wouldn't go astray - Ken? have you delivered?

Whateley accusing DK and CD of "self flagellation" this morning. Apparently even appearing moderately annoyed by that performance is overstepping the mark from the Little Olds who are presumably expected to sit back and be happy as long as we don't finish 18th. Imagine the reaction if we actually did what we should and sacked the coach and tipped the whole place upside down.

Whateley accusing DK and CD of "self flagellation" this morning. Apparently even appearing moderately annoyed by that performance is overstepping the mark from the Little Olds who are presumably expected to sit back and be happy as long as we don't finish 18th. Imagine the reaction if we actually did what we should and sacked the coach and tipped the whole place upside down.

Think you should give Whateley a bit more credit. He appears to be fairly well versed in "self flagellation".
He is a a self appointed moral and social arbiter for the AFL media circus.

In short the man is a w***er!!

'we need to improve in the areas the coaches identify we need to improve'

You fu**

The coaches are where we need to improve

One coach in particular

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
Lipstick on a pig

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are a lot of words that I would use to describe the limp-wristed snivelling piece of s**t that is Gerard Whateley. Very few would be acceptable on this forum.

Go heck yourself, G.

Was this meeting in 2010 as you said it was in Choco's last year? Have you mixed up a couple of things?

That would be a bit bizarre as One Club merger was knocked back in February 2010 by the SANFL but the Magpies and Power continued working on it, and finally got it over the line in November 2010.

I'm talking across the time this director served on the board until he stepped down. I refer to more than one meeting, Power and Magpies. He definitely stood up in a Magpies meeting where Firth was hijacked by Duncanson and talked about accepting no Magpies. This was probably soon after the rejection of the unification. Yes, an inaugural board member twice over if you know what I mean.

If the interweb had been around when Russ got the flick all hell would have broken loose. We look at that with 20/20 hindsight but at the time most Port supporters thought Russ was very hard done by and did not support it.

Koch does not hold Ken accountable, or anyone else, he is not accountable for our results.

He is appointed by the AFL and so he is accountable to them. Do the AFL care that we lost on Saturday ? They really don't. Someone was going to lose and the AFL only care on the margins.

The AFL hold David accountable for:

1.Make / Keep the club financially viable.

2. Grow the game in areas outside our post code

3. Grow membership

4. Tow the line and don't rock the (AFL) boat.

David ticks all the boxes when you consider who he is accountable to, and Ken is accountable to him.

Until we get control over our own board we can only hope to be on the "slightly better" side of the AFL averages for PFs, GFs etc

I didn't hear the interview, just a snippet from it. I thought he said no one is safe?

Koch does not hold Ken accountable, or anyone else, he is not accountable for our results.

He is appointed by the AFL and so he is accountable to them. Do the AFL care that we lost on Saturday ? They really don't. Someone was going to lose and the AFL only care on the margins.

3. Grow membership

David ticks all the boxes when you consider who he is accountable to, and Ken is accountable to him.

Until we get control over our own board we can only hope to be on the "slightly better" side of the AFL averages for PFs, GFs etc

The only thing the AFL would have been pissed off about was that our insipid performance would have had people switching channels at quarter time.

3. Grow membership

Thanks to Magpiespower now Magpiespowaz for turning my phrase into a gif a few years ago when I talked about umpires. No different here.

29qrt0.gif

View attachment 1239018

I'd absolutely love this genius to try to explain who or what "the club" is.

The AFL says Koch is our president who says Richo is our CEO who says Ken is our coach who says Jonas is our captain.

The 'club' is us poor suckers sinking our spare coin into a 'membership' that gives us the privilege of watching live the putrid crap they put on display in the prelim final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back