David Morrison AOTY

Remove this Banner Ad

I really like it when Cate McGregor is in on ABC Breakfast TV with Virginia Trioli

Well blow me down with a feather duster. Cathering/Mal/Cate on ABC tv! Who would have thought.

Just like the Brits at Singapore.

Abba get back together apparently. What was that big hit of theirs? It will come to me. Maybe when I get a train home tonight.

Last edited:
Can't see many 'lefties' nor lots of 'attention seekers' on this list, lots of sports people though.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Australian_of_the_Year_Award_recipients

That's the first time I've ever bothered to look at that list and it's pretty embarrassing.

All those athletes on there - Brabham, Rose, Fraser, Freeman are probably good ones, but so many athletes on the list. Why? Allan Border, Mark Taylor, Pat Rafter, Steve Waugh, Adam Goodes? Terrible.

Lee Kernaghan, John Farnham, Paul Hogan and The Seekers? Piss off.

I thought Rose Batty was a good one and she raised a lot of awareness etc.

Have read/watched a bit about Morrison and not very impressed at all.

That's the first time I've ever bothered to look at that list and it's pretty embarrassing.

All those athletes on there - Brabham, Rose, Fraser, Freeman are probably good ones, but so many athletes on the list. Why? Allan Border, Mark Taylor, Pat Rafter, Steve Waugh, Adam Goodes? Terrible.

Lee Kernaghan, John Farnham, Paul Hogan and The Seekers? Piss off.

I thought Rose Batty was a good one and she raised a lot of awareness etc.

Have read/watched a bit about Morrison and not very impressed at all.
Agree, I also was surprised at the majority of sports/entertainers.

There is a bloody good argument to make AB permanent Australian of the year and then we can forget about other SJW non entities appearing on these lists every year.

I really like it when Cate McGregor is in on ABC Breakfast TV with Virginia Trioli and the open mouthed yokel Roland and "Cate" wears the high shouldered blouse which shows her impressive 13 inch biceps and her decolletage, I think thats how you spell decolletage anyway, I dont have any french accents on my keyboard

Don't forget Cats lovely pearl necklaces, probably the only way she'd ever get one.

dont forget the jangley earrings. Contra Mundum did you see Cate McGregor rocking the junior associate jangley earrings?

Pearls are compulsory for Tory Tuesdays so they could have been inside joke*.

*but lets face it, prolly not.

What about her "sorry not sorry" apology and I wonder which LGBTIA Australian of the Year candidate she thought the "brave" choice would have been - mind you she did write that speech

dont forget the jangley earrings. Contra Mundum did you see Cate McGregor rocking the junior associate jangley earrings?

Pearls are compulsory for Tory Tuesdays so they could have been inside joke*.
*but lets face it, prolly not.

Pearls at Mauries surely a sacking offence? Cant see the old chalk stripe and pocket square being a bit hit either in trades hall.

Velcro shoes with a suit more the go.

Like the good old Brownlow days of footballers and white fake croc shoes.

Pearls at Mauries surely a sacking offence? Cant see the old chalk stripe and pocket square being a bit hit either in trades hall.

Velcro shoes with a suit more the go.

Like the good old Brownlow days of footballers and white fake croc shoes.
The Allan Border medal ushered in the blondes and silcon front racks on Tuesday night, twas a sight to behold

Blackburn Cashman Mauries?

The Tory Tuesdays pearls in the Canberra meme for staffers in the Labor offices, the female staffers. Gotta hand it to them, its pretty genius.

Bill Kelty is still rocking his jumpers when he catches up with Collins at University Cafe on Fridays for lunch. still has the bouffant. Best bouffant this side of Robert Manne and Peter Craven. If you edit a literary or political magazine/journal this necessitates bouffant status. Unlike say, being exec chair of the NGV like Gerard Vaughn, that necessitates you are bald with a respectable mid-age corpulance, and wear a 10k Brioni suit and charvet shirt and Hermes ties with a flourish in hue.

for Gerard Vaughn see: Kim Williams former head of Opera Oz among other bourgeois pursuits and the Sunking's right hand in antipodes with Foxtel/Newscorp now AFL board turncoat

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

. If you edit a literary or political magazine/journal this necessitates bouffant status. Unlike say, being exec chair of the NGV like Gerard Vaugh, that necessitates you are bald with a respectable mid-age corpulance, and wear a 10k Brioni suit and charvet shirt and Hermes ties with a flourish in hue.

Bouffant, genius, Spectator to frank your form

Brioni is so overpriced. That place on Collins Street still flogging them?

Hermes and double sided pocket squares, one always white.

Oz may be diversity, tolerance and inclusion, the Frogs take it a step further

Collaboration.

NB Charvet? Never heard of anyone in oz refer to them, Bond wore Charvet. You been hanging out at Davos with Evo and Bono?

Last edited:
Bouffant, genius, Spectator to frank your form

Brioni is so overpriced. That place on Collins Street still flogging them?

Hermes and double sided pocket squares, one always white.

Oz may be diversity, tolerance and inclusion, the Frogs take it a step further

Collaboration.

NB Charvet? Never heard of anyone in oz refer to them, Bond wore Charvet. You been hanging out at Davos with Evo and Bono?
evo tossing up mudhoney gigs or affle combine. and that place near 101 in Collins, Henry Bucks or the other one, the Gentlemen's Outfitters, still think they sell them, atleast one brand in their window, one of those two overpriced places has undergone a significant upheavel now sells the ten k suits to hipsters, or Tom Ford dress suits with a white jacket, like they think they live in Hollywood or some crap

not like Kiton, they are twice as much as Brioni. Bogans like Eddie are Zegna men.

The blackcat Ponzi scheme hedge fund must have been going ok lately! Or when you aren't kicking back with Cate (Blanchett not McGregor) do you head to the row and see Huntsman?

Cant see Cate MCG and Germaine sharing supper any time soon

http://www.tcs.cam.ac.uk/news/00336...a-germaine-greer-speaks-out-at-the-union.html

Germaine Greer, renowned feminist, today answered challenging questions on her alleged transphobic views and actions. She said:

"I didn’t know there was such a thing [as transphobia]. Arachnaphobia, yes. Transphobia, no.”

two lesbians at the cricket.

belinda-clark-and-mark-waugh-pose-for-photos-during-the-2014-cricket-picture-id463573385

brett kirk likes this

Nah, you don't have to explain anything, want more money for doing the same job as a male?

Negotiate for it don't expect to receive it because if they can get you for less they will.

So in fact all the documents he showed about legislation to protect one's rights are useless.
Have I got it now?

Negotiate and you get equal play. The only reason you don't have equal pay now is because the other guy negotiated his higher.

Jesus, the tools and opportunity for gour own empowerment is right there in front of you, but you'd rather be a victim.

You demean women, and you don't even realise it.

Negotiate and you get equal play. The only reason you don't have equal pay now is because the other guy negotiated his higher.

Jesus, the tools and opportunity for gour own empowerment is right there in front of you, but you'd rather be a victim.

You demean women, and you don't even realise it.
Seriously? Why don't you read the rest of my posts!
Thank goodness for posters like you to teach us:drunk:

i personally love the last 3, you don't want a wallflower as AOTY, you want some controversy and thought provocation.
They weren't thought provoking unless you have a very low IQ. I agree with all their points. But they are very simple. There are a lot more interesting ideas worthy of discussion.

They weren't thought provoking unless you have a very low IQ. I agree with all their points. But they are very simple. There are a lot more interesting ideas worthy of discussion.
fair enough, thanks for the feedback. although you are basing your opinion of my IQ on a very small sample size. i do not take any offence from your comment, it does not affect me on either an emotional or intellectual level. i do not know your character traits well enough, so i can not give any credence or weight to your judgement of my IQ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back