Dayne Beams (merged - latest "He could not stand the pressure)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should not be invited back to a premiership reunion, same with Daisy, Wellers, Dawes and Mick. Would let SHaw come because he wanted to remain a pie but we wanted to get rid of him

Nah they should all be welcomed back for reunions after retirement, they all plaed a part in achieving the ultimate success for our club and that is something we should appreciate even if they did leave on a sour note.

S

o you can come back if we sack you but if you leave to go home, for better opportunity, for money or whatever you are banished?

Good way to promote player loyalty.
You don't mind guys like McCarthy leaving for opportunity but leaving under any other circumstances you should not be allowed back. (Of course if you have a son who is a potential star like Peter Moore did exceptions will be made).

I love the stance the club has at the moment that you are not allowed to be inducted in the Collingwood hall of fame if you leave the club unless you make the AFL hall of fame first

Nah they should all be welcomed back for reunions after retirement, they all played a part in achieving the ultimate success for our club and that is something we should appreciate even if they did leave on a sour note.
But that is all apart of the club they no longer want to be a part of. If they wanted to be COLLINGWOOD they would not have left

He should not be invited back to a premiership reunion, same with Daisy, Wellers, Dawes and Mick. Would let SHaw come because he wanted to remain a pie but we wanted to get rid of him
Dawes was pushed out in my opinion, did not work well with Buckley at all, he was never going to be that 'Leigh Brown'. And Welligham left because of homesickness, I remember West Coast had offered literally the same money as the pies, so it defs wasn't for the money.

Dawes was pushed out in my opinion, did not work well with Buckley at all, he was never going to be that 'Leigh Brown'. And Welligham left because of homesickness, I remember West Coast had offered literally the same money as the pies, so it defs wasn't for the money.
Dawes was not pushed out he was a sook had a bad year saw Lynch come to the club and couldn't get out of there fast enough. Did he ever think maybe we got Lynch to play that ruck forward role and he could go back to being the third tall.
Wellers still walked out on us he was best 22 he was not going for further opportunity, he says in an interview when he was traded to WCE that he did not get a premiership tattoo because he knew he would go to the Eagles at some point and didn't want that on his body when he was there. That is how much he cared about the club, it shows that for him playing home and away games at WCE is bigger than winning a flag with the Pies

Dawes was not pushed out he was a sook had a bad year saw Lynch come to the club and couldn't get out of there fast enough. Did he ever think maybe we got Lynch to play that ruck forward role and he could go back to being the third tall.
Wellers still walked out on us he was best 22 he was not going for further opportunity, he says in an interview when he was traded to WCE that he did not get a premiership tattoo because he knew he would go to the Eagles at some point and didn't want that on his body when he was there. That is how much he cared about the club, it shows that for him playing home and away games at WCE is bigger than winning a flag with the Pies
Will this groundhog day debate ever die?

Can we close this crap down now. He is no longer part of us and don't want his name mentioned on this forum! And I know I don't have to read it but it's in my face!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope he does an ACL round 1. Don't want him to do well at all.
Gee that is beyond being vindictive in fact it is dis
Dane Beams p.......s off.
The club looked after him and he couldnt give a rats arse about us the dead s**t.Good riddance make sure the door doesn't whack you on you way out.....But karma is a bitch mate whatever comes around goes around
Beams was a contracted Collingwood player with 12 months left on his contract.But players take contracts for granted.It has to be fair both ways

He uses the excuse that he wants to be close to his father yet his father lives in Southport......why didn't he do the courtesy to trade with Gold Coast and only wanted Brisbane ?
GWS were will to do a straight swap.......even were interested in a 3 way deal ..........Collingwood get Trelaor beams to Brisbane and Brisbane give a player and pick 5 to gws .......Beams said no
Collingwood covered his arse remember a few years ago when we won the flag ? He was supposedly involved in something. Plus our premiership year the grand final Beams hardly got a kick that day.
The night of the Copeland trophy he doesn't even roll up Harry O at least attended and thanked everyone you know why cos certain sources say Beams at the Harp of Erin in kew knocking back beers with mate Heath Shaw that night rather than thanking the club that looked after him for so long and help make him a premiership player.......He will never play in a flag again....he would've had a better chance at Gold Coast the dummy.

Had a poor season last year hardly played a game, again Collingwood looked after him.
He should never had used his father as the excuse to leave because it was a poor excuse, only weeks before seasons end beams was in the paper having a beer with his dad saying he was glad his dad was over his sickness.He left cos he was offered more money,didnt like bucks that's why he really left . gOOD riddance no use having someone there that doesn't want to be at the club.But the club honoured their part when they didn't really need to beams didn't bend at all did he?
boring

Read this on Nicks:

"I was probably in the better runners during pre-season at Collingwood, but these guys are so fit I'm finding myself back a little bit," he says

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...star-recruit-dayne-beams-20141215-127kw0.html

Flog just have a Cheap Shot there:mad:

Beams on Channel 7 News just revealed the "real" reason why he left the Pies. To quote him more or less accurately, it was because he "wished to go to a club where he could see future success, and he could certainly see that at Brisbane". So much for "wanting to be near his father". Terrible attack on us. I sincerely hope we smash them in Round 1.

Thought he went home to be close to his Dying Dead?

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=75956

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't care less, sidebottom has gone past him, broomhead will be a better player, and freeman is going to be a superstar. Adams will go nuts this season, and we have De Goey coming through., and he will be a classier player than beams.
Beams was a flea on our backs, got a good ride, good riddance to him, lol at Brisbane they will suck again next year. Beams is a follower, not a leader, he's not going to take them forward.

Wait, why is this a thread? What else is he going to say when arriving at a new club, that they train like s**t?

Also this is what he said about leaving Collingwood:

Beams doesn't shy away, though, from a sense of guilt at leaving a club which, with a steady departure of senior faces over the past couple of years, could use his services next season more than ever.

"Absolutely, I felt guilty. I still feel guilt now," he says. "It wasn't an easy thing to do, but you've got to think about what's best for you and your family and what's going to give you the best chance to live a good life, basically. And the most important thing with this is once you make that decision, you've got to really give it 100 per cent, and that's what I've been trying to do."

Then why Post in it?

Humour me TD. What do you want us to discuss in this thread? Is the purpose just to hang s**t on Beams? If so, I am pretty sure that has already been done.

Let's not be surprised if Brisbane roll Beams out in front of the press during the pre-season to tout cliché things like "I'm really surprised at how fit all the boys are" or "I'm really looking forward to just getting out there".

Yes I would like a medal, thank you. :p

INB4 grumpy people being grumpy.

Humour me TD. What do you want us to discuss in this thread? Is the purpose just to hang s**t on Beams? If so, I am pretty sure that has already been done.

Just think his point is , that Beams' apparent motivation to leave the Pies was to be near his sick father, to me that's appalling if he used that reason then spouted off now the actual reason. Pretty poor form tbh

Just think his point is , that Beams' apparent motivation to leave the Pies was to be near his sick father, to me that's appalling if he used that reason then spouted off now the actual reason. Pretty poor form tbh

Spot On - He said that he wanted to be at a Team that had a Better chance of winning the Flag then Collingwood.

But he came out and said Pre-Trade Period he wanted to be near his Dad who had Cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back