Dayne Beams (merged - latest "He could not stand the pressure)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot On - He said that he wanted to be at a Team that had a Better chance of winning the Flag then Collingwood.

But he came out and said Pre-Trade Period he wanted to be near his Dad who had Cancer

He wanted to leave and there were a number of reasons. Let it go.

Won’t for awhile. Same as some People with Daisy and Nick Davis not forgiven them for Leaving

Personally I don't give a rats he is gone. We are happy to have a guy like Levi Greenwood join the club but get pissed off when one of 'ours' leave. All I care about are the players on the list for 2015.

Hey jmac70 compare apples with apples.

I'm pretty sure Greenwood went to his best and fairest?!?

Hey jmac70 compare apples with apples.

I'm pretty sure Greenwood went to his best and fairest?!?

So did Heritier, but there doesn't seem to be much griping about him departing. I wasn't happy with the circumstances in which Beams left but like jmac70 I've moved on.

Dayne Beams is now a Brisbane player and apart from when we play the Lions, I could not care less about him

Spot On - He said that he wanted to be at a Team that had a Better chance of winning the Flag then Collingwood.

But he came out and said Pre-Trade Period he wanted to be near his Dad who had Cancer

If his main goal was to win a flag then he would have chosen gold coast. He is just saying the cliche'd rubbish that the media and fans (of his current club) expect from him.

Think of it this way. What would the Brisbane fans think of him if he said 'I came here because of the money and I get to play with my brother which is going to be fun.' You shouldn't take what people in football say seriously.

If his main goal was to win a flag then he would have chosen gold coast. He is just saying the cliche'd rubbish that the media and fans (of his current club) expect from him.

Think of it this way. What would the Brisbane fans think of him if he said 'I came here because of the money and I get to play with my brother which is going to be fun.' You shouldn't take what people in football say seriously.
Brisbane are a better chance to win a flag than G.C. Once Ablett is gone they will be a mess. Brisbane gain Rich and Beams in the middle. With Aish Rockliff Beams Redden Rich Mayes they have one of the best mids in the comp.

Brisbane are a better chance to win a flag than G.C. Once Ablett is gone they will be a mess. Brisbane gain Rich and Beams in the middle. With Aish Rockliff Beams Redden Rich Mayes they have one of the best mids in the comp.
Oh well, their backs and forwards don't matter then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won’t for awhile. Same as some People with Daisy and Nick Davis not forgiven them for Leaving
Agree as far as I'm concerned beams is a traitorous enemy and should have the full scorn of collingwood supporters. Glad the flog is gone we will be a better side from the trade. Lol at Brisbane.

GC arent blessed with dangerous backs or forwards either.

Tom Lynch, Charlie Dixon, Sam Day, Brandon Matera, Harley Bennell, Aaron Hall, Jack Martin, Nick Malceski, Kade Kolodjashnij, Trent Mckenzie, Steven May and Sean Lemmens don't like this post.

Beams doesn't shy away, though, from a sense of guilt at leaving a club which, with a steady departure of senior faces over the past couple of years, could use his services next season more than ever.

"Absolutely, I felt guilty. I still feel guilt now," he says. "It wasn't an easy thing to do, but you've got to think about what's best for you and your family and what's going to give you the best chance to live a good life, basically. And the most important thing with this is once you make that decision, you've got to really give it 100 per cent, and that's what I've been trying to do."

Beams says Collingwood was understanding of his circumstances, and that the group of his closest mates, the likes of Heath Shaw (another departure), Steele Sidebottom, Clinton Young, and Jarrod Witts and Paul Seedsman, with whom he shared a house for a year while his own was being renovated, will stay that way.

"There's always going to be guys inside footy clubs that you just have a working relationship with, and there's going to be guys you're going to be friends with for life. That's not going to change."

Except, perhaps, on April 4, when the new season is marked by the clash of Beams' old and new teams. He doesn't mind the hype. "Hopefully, we can flog them," he laughs. But it's not just bravado. "I got a taste of what this group was capable of late in the season when they flogged us."

Like the way he referred to us, even if it was in the sense of us getting flogged.

Just hoping that Caff plays so Beams know what he going to be like all season long being tagged and getting low numbers and not doing a thing on the on field
Doubt he will be tagged they have more damaging two way players who would get the tag

Nah they should all be welcomed back for reunions after retirement, they all plaed a part in achieving the ultimate success for our club and that is something we should appreciate even if they did leave on a sour note.
It will be great to have them back so they can see ouur new silverware as they enter

Brisbane struggling financially, Brisbane playing Collingwood round 1 gee - wonder what they're trying to do here?

Pretty sure the fire is only going to be stoked further
I bet it is a non event put simply most players couldn't give 2 forks if a team mate leaves. The love for the club sadly just isnt there for most players especially pie players I have noticed over the years.
Its just a job to I would say 85% of players on our list with a few exceptions, I really hope we breed into this next wave a love for the Guernsey mentality all the great sides had it Hawks 80s lions 00s Geelong recently etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back