Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Super-mega-ultrathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodan could have a bit of value for us as a backup inside midfielder on the rookie list.

Too many small/medium defenders for Surjan to be worth it, would rather we retained Stevenson and Wilson personally.

So would i. If Surjan is available as a rookie then go for it as we have quite a few spots open otherwise i think it will be hard to find the room. Almost our whole list is required apart from Strijk, Stevenson, Weedon and Wilson being on the edge.

So would i. If Surjan is available as a rookie then go for it as we have quite a few spots open otherwise i think it will be hard to find the room. Almost our whole list is required apart from Strijk, Stevenson, Weedon and Wilson being on the edge.
IIRC the rookie list is being reduced in numbers. I doubt we'll have much room on there at all unless we upgraded McGovern and/or Dick.

I actually think collingwood hasn't really won with the Lynch FA inclusion. They definitely didnt see the Dawes situation coming and, should the Dawes trade eventuate, it could potentially hurt them. Yes he was pretty s**t this year, but he would be there for a lot longer than Lynch will be as Cloke's foil. They would want Paine to come on nicely in the next few years.

I actually think collingwood hasn't really won with the Lynch FA inclusion. They definitely didnt see the Dawes situation coming and, should the Dawes trade eventuate, it could potentially hurt them. Yes he was pretty s**t this year, but he would be there for a lot longer than Lynch will be as Cloke's foil. They would want Paine to come on nicely in the next few years.

They definitely didnt see Dawes going.

Interesting that they now have Lynch with his limitations and at 30 will not get better. I think this has significantly influenced ther reactions and behaviour

they will probably have to target a tall forward in the draft no.
What are they getting for dawes anyway? what is the most likely ? depending on what they give up, i think it is a good acquisition for the dees.
anything better then 26 is overs i think, but i can see them failing.

As a lock down defender in a FP whats the difference between Surjan and A.Selwood really??

Regardless of perception A.Selwood is a bloody good lock down defender on the FP's.
IMO, Surjan is a considerably better defender than Adam Selwood. He's also quick, which is a huge advantage on the nippy small forwards.

Would take Surjan as depth/possible cover for the inevitable injuries to Waters/Butler. Although perhaps it would be time to give Stevenson/Wilson/Weedon a game as cover.

Is it worth having Surjan as cover on the rookie list? He might not even get the opportunity to play depending on injuries. That rookie spot might be better used on a long-term, high potential player (Papertalk :thumbsu:).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pass on surjan @ 28 not even worth a rookie spot ,is not going to strengthen the list just another list filler.rather a 18 year old to put the time and effort into.look at it this way the club that had invested time and training into said delisted player no longer see's them a viable option and cut them lose,so why would we think yep they a worth a crack .Just have a think about really and delisted from port like how well did they go this year.

With a few blokes leaving we now have space on our list. Would love to give David Rodan a chance to win a premiership. Exactly what we need I reckon and dirt cheap.

pass on surjan @ 28 not even worth a rookie spot ,is not going to strengthen the list just another list filler.rather a 18 year old to put the time and effort into.look at it this way the club that had invested time and training into said delisted player no longer see's them a viable option and cut them lose,so why would we think yep they a worth a crack .Just have a think about really and delisted from port like how well did they go this year.
You are aware that clubs make list management mistakes all the time? Putting development into a young player doesn't equal success either. You should also be aware that good players can play in a crap side.

It's amazing how brainwashed supporters have become with the inclination toward youth.

You are aware that clubs make list management mistakes all the time? Putting development into a young player doesn't equal success either. You should also be aware that good players can play in a crap side.

It's amazing how brainwashed supporters have become with the inclination toward youth.

its also amazing that some supporters think that washed up rejects at 28 and 30 would be a good acquisition for this club.I'll go on record now if wce draft either ,neither would play a single game.and its not brainwashed into youth its a rookie list not the scrap heap list for delisted crap.

Rodan, not really. He was delisted from a club with virtually no outside runners, tells you all you need to know about him. Can do some nice things but goes missing for long periods and is terrible defensively.

Surjan, definitely. Take advantage of Peter Rohde's stupidity and get him. At the very least, LeCras will love you for it because he'll never have to play on Surjan again. At most, you'll get the ultra-consistent small defender who beats his opponent every single week.

And anybody who thinks they shouldn't take a guy who's been delisted by Port, half the reason that Port are so s**t is because of their terrible talent spotting skills which leads to ridiculous decisions like this. 99% of Port supporters would say that Surjan is (was) our best defender every day of the week.
I remember you unloading on Rodan a few months, just baiting bro. ;) Surjan would be a pretty good player I think, he'd be a handy get and would cost very little. Upgrade on Adam Selwood probably.

its also amazing that some supporters think that washed up rejects at 28 and 30 would be a good acquisition for this club.I'll go on record now if wce draft either ,neither would play a single game.and its not brainwashed into youth its a rookie list not the scrap heap list for delisted crap.
Brainwashed probably wasn't the best term to use given your inclination toward simplistic commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back