Media #DenieD100 - The Sweet FA can't get #Kenough of this guy

Remove this Banner Ad

Style Deal With It GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

This Saturday night, DenieD will play his 100th Sweet FA Match (if selected)

I caught up with the man behind the Ken persona to discuss his upcoming Milestone

Cheese: Hi DockerDen5215 DenieD Ken

Congratulations on reaching 100 Sweet FA Matches

Can you remember your Debut back in S31?

DenieD: Hi Cheese. Yes I can. It was a glorious match against the Bombers. Think I kicked 4 goals and was around about best-on-ground for that game. Took about 5 seasons after that for me to fully realise my goal-kicking prowess.

Cheese: You started your qareer at The Warriors & went close to winning the EKA in your Rookie Season

How did you overcome the disappointment of losing to GREENESHOOTS ?

DenieD: I was robbed. The guy used an AI bot to make all his posts for him. Shameless. He should've been banned for that alone. But anyway, the rising star is more important and I won that fair and square :cool:

Cheese: You moved from Coney Island to The Gumbies to replace Barrybran as Captain in S33

How did that come about?

DenieD: It was an interesting turn of events. I was seeking an opportunity to do more in the league and have more of a responsibility for my team and I didn't feel like the Warriors really wanted my input. Even though I was in their LG in my second season it felt like I was still shackled to the kiddy table.

Chat Pile (Lingua Ignota and a bunch of other different names they went by in the past) messaged me about a media thread, standard Q&A sort of deal (don't think it ever saw the light of day). One of the questions was about my aspirations in the league, and I said I wanted to be captain one day, so they said Baz is seeking a new captain for the Gumbies and they've run out of options internally.

At first I didn't want to leave, but certain things happened towards the end of that season that pushed me to make the move across.

Cheese: You were solo Captain of the Plasticine Men for 2 Seasons before being joined by Falconista & losing your love of Qooty

What went wrong towards the end of your time there?

DenieD: There were many factors that lead to me losing interest in the league during that time. The surface level stuff has all been talked about in detail and everyone knows about my fractured relationship with the Old Boys and the infamous BTGID charge. But that was only part of the reason for me 'retiring' at the end of last season. There were a couple of individuals that did not make my time here enjoyable and I'd prefer to not comment any further on that.

Honestly I just got way too invested in certain areas of the league and if you make it too serious for yourself you'll just end up hurt. Which is why if I am to continue participating in the league it will be from the 'Ken' side of my persona.

Cheese: After the brief retirement that you mentioned, you decided to join The Wonders & try to win a Fred

What would it mean to beat a Sweet FA Legend like The Filth Wizard ?

DenieD: Filthy has been a respected poster in the league for a long time and has put himself in position to be the next great full forward to reach 1000 goals. Beating him in the FRED medal would be a great feeling. I'm sure I'll be biting my nails off watching his round 16 match.

Cheese: All the best on Saturday (if you are selected)

Congratulations on #DenieD100 👏🏼

DenieD: Thanks cheese (if you choose to play me)

Messages from the Sweet FA Community:

HARPSichord - When I was told that DenieD was making his return to the SFA at the Wonders I didn't know what to think. I knew he had requested FF and FF only, and with this I expected a massive ego. Oh, how wrong was I. Ken is the perfect team man and he epitomises what it means to be a Wonder. One of the great characters of the SFA and the sim has shone brightly on him this season. Go well in game 100 mate. We will be feeding it to Ken all day to ensure Fred comes home with the man who has earned it most this season.

#KenisKenough

Headless - Congratulations, DenieD, on your first 100 games in the Sweet Football Association. You have been an excellent contributor, and I'm sure the Warriors, Gumbies, and Wonders appreciate what you have added to those respective clubs.

I hope you one day recover fully from your beez run. 😫

FootyGuy13 - I had high hopes for DockerDen5215. While I've been at the Warriors, I've learned that Coney Island has always been a great starting place for rookies when looking at EKA and Rising Star results (of course you have some down years like Season 30 but that happens) and Den was no exception.

Den hit the ground running when the Warriors were seen as the lowest posting team in the league, constantly hitting triple-digit posting scores back when his obsession was Blade Runner 2049, and it seemed the rest of the league agreed that he was good entertainment with Top 20 placings in the beez in both years.

Now I'm not gonna pretend I know what prompted Den to leave the Warriors, he was always more flashier than the others I've seen at the club and probably found another team that was more suited to his posting style. Den is an anomaly of a Wazza in that regard and I hope he has found the club that's been getting the best of him.

Dingster - DenieD is the lovechild of Bastyy and TJASTA. What's not to like.

Kennedy Parker - DenieD is a solid, above average poster with one of the better name changes in recent times, DockerDen2006 had too many syllables.

I think he’s ambitious which is good, he debuted for the Warriors and left pretty soon after that which shows he would like to win something someday.

Also captained The Foolback, the Gumbies FFC hero who eliminated the Ophidian Old Boys from finals in their first season.

The run home is a decent thread and he came top 3 in the admin race.

All of which indicates that he is an above average player in the SFA, above average Gumbies captain because he has a finals win, above average admin candidate (hypothetically), above average media performer and all round above average guy.

Pugsley - Well done on 100 DenieD. 100 games is a great achievement and shows you can qooty.
Well done on 100 games and hope you have a blinder.

Greenery - "The better man won the EKA in S31."

Good on you skip for raising the bat peroxide for 100. I've said this to you privately, now I'll say it publicly, the league is better with you in it.

Will acknowledge though, that I'm half glad you didn't become admin as I didn't want to have to (again) take over unexpectedly in your third season of a leadership role*.

* Any peanuts wanting to start stuff, that was jest.

Last edited:
Sometimes as an elderly gent I marvel at the diverse persona in the Sweet FA. I admit the Ken persona and the colour pink are confusing. I do recall DockerDen starting off in a blaze and he has continued to fire up.

Ken has proved a terrific recruit and contributes a lot of fun to both the team and the community. Hope you celebrate your 100th with a win and a big bag of goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back