Multiplat Destiny

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
but there's absolutely no reason to extrapolate that boosts will be available in Destiny 2. Quite the opposite. Why would you want people to skip your content?

The boost now does one thing, it gets new players to the minimum level required to play contemporary content. To play content that other people are playing. That's it. It makes less than zero sense for it to be offered for Destiny 2. It would be cutting people off from content, and as much as people bag Bungie, they don't actually want to make hardcore players completely irrelevant. I'd be absolutely staggered if a boost was offered in Destiny 2, until a similarly mature stage of the lifecycle such as now in Destiny 1

Why would they want you to skip their content? Because they earn an extra $30 or $40 from it. Make the grind big enough and I'm sure you can encourage lots of people to pay just that little bit more for the game.

Why would they want you to skip their content? Because they earn an extra $30 or $40 from it. Make the grind big enough and I'm sure you can encourage lots of people to pay just that little bit more for the game.
sorry but the proposition that they would create a game that takes so much work, that's a labour of love, then encourage people to skip half, or 3/4 of it to make a few extra bucks is in my opinion completely absurd. It's cynicism writ large on a crazy scale. You just have to ask yourself why didn't they do it for the scenario you mentioned? The 20 - 29 grind, when people were infatuated with the game? It's not a new invention

40 bucks is a rip, but I'd imagine the current boost scheme is no more than what it is at the moment but. guarantee though it will be re-implemented regardless of success in the same stage of the life cycle in D2.

Lance is pretty close on the money IMO, just what you value more, time or money, either way one is going to be a sting.

sorry but the proposition that they would create a game that takes so much work, that's a labour of love, then encourage people to skip half, or 3/4 of it to make a few extra bucks is in my opinion completely absurd. It's cynicism writ large on a crazy scale. You just have to ask yourself why didn't they do it for the scenario you mentioned? The 20 - 29 grind, when people were infatuated with the game? It's not a new invention

It's pretty clear their philosophy towards the game has shifted between Destiny 1.0 and now. It's a false comparison.

Also the 'boost' doesn't stop people from playing content it merely gives them a higher level and opens up new content. Given that Destiny borders on an addiction for a lot of people and given that the community has shown a willingness to cheese to get even the slightest advantage, why wouldn't they take advantage of this fanbase by giving them a foolproof way to get ahead?

Destiny 2 will be full of boosts to get ahead or purchases that lift the drop rate of the best weapons and armor. From a short-term financial perspective they'd be silly if they didn't and I doubt they have a genuine long-term plan in mind.

It's almost a month since I've fired up destiny. May fire it up over Christmas/New Year period.
I did one sparrow race and on weekly strike last night.. first time for probably a month or so I think. Although did 1 Warpriest with the guys in the new challenge mode a few weeks ago, and prior to that had not been on since Fallout came out. But then went to orbit, looked at the screen for about 3 minutes and logged off and watched tv.

IGN's Destiny podcast had a really good discussion about the micro-transactions slowly infecting Destiny. Worth a listen.

Been playing a lot of SRL the last couple of weeks. Only managed one top three finish, but that's mainly due to my ineptitude of running into walls at inopportune moments.

With a few tweaks, SRL could be a really good semi-permanent addition to the game. I'm just not a fan of Holliday's narration (can't stand her accent) and the music is very repetitive.

Funnily enough while I think Mars is an easier course, I seem to do slightly better on Venus. It would be good if they add a few extra tracks when it's brought back next year, though.

The fact that SRL offers a better, more consistent loot pool than Hard Mode Oryx or Trials is pretty awful when you think about it.

SRL is okay, but I really don't want to spend my week grinding it to get helmets. But I know that I kind of need to if I ever want a 320 character.

The fact that SRL offers a better, more consistent loot pool than Hard Mode Oryx or Trials is pretty awful when you think about it.

SRL is okay, but I really don't want to spend my week grinding it to get helmets. But I know that I kind of need to if I ever want a 320 character.

Since I am still yet to play King's Fall, I haven't had the opportunity to obtain higher level gear at this stage (if anyone wants to carry a kinderguardian through a King's Fall, feel free to hit me up post-Christmas).

So I'm enjoying SRL's loot drops (though I'm only rank 2, so the really high level gear is yet to drop for me).

Haven't yet farmed exotics on SRL, but I've read experiences of other players getting quite a few exotics by popping 3oC's during SRL races.

It's a fine exotic farm, but the chance of 320 helms and class items are the real draw.

My criticisms were of the way the Raid/Trials loot tables are organised. But it does seem silly that the side event is more lucrative than the 'end game' for PvE/PvP

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dixie, I'm around 293-295 at the moment and want to get to around 300 before having a crack at Oryx, should try and get some of the BF crew for a crack over the Xmas break.

It's a fine exotic farm, but the chance of 320 helms and class items are the real draw.

My criticisms were of the way the Raid/Trials loot tables are organised. But it does seem silly that the side event is more lucrative than the 'end game' for PvE/PvP
I really don't care that SRL is a good loot farm. I played it for a fair bit in the first week before realising that in reality I ******* hated it. It's just so soulless. I realised that irrespective of the loot I would far rather spend my time playing Crucible. For me 10 minutes playing Rumble or Skirmish is about 100 times more fun. No issue with people who do enjoy it but it's not for me. I just like PvP, with maybe the odd raid or nightfall. And let's face it, there's * all difference now between being 315 or 320.

I've seen you and Lukas playing a fair bit of control and other PvP lately, I might jump in on some at some point if that's ok?

Haha I've gone full re**** now. I've just gone out and bought a Benq console monitor to replace my ancient 42" plasma to eliminate input lag, mlg styles :p

I've seen you and Lukas playing a fair bit of control and other PvP lately, I might jump in on some at some point if that's ok?
They don't play control so much as just yell at the game/Bungie/each other.

**** you and **** Titans.
And * blade dance and * people capping the wrong point and * shotguns and * fusion rifles and * The Big Sauce and * Bungie and * Bungie's broken game and * your teammates and * lag......

And **** blade dance and **** people capping the wrong point and **** shotguns and **** fusion rifles and **** The Big Sauce and **** Bungie and **** Bungie's broken game and **** your teammates and **** lag......

Mainly Sledge. * that guy.

Assuming everyone's long burnt out from PvE and the game in general and it's mostly PvP or nothing for people around here?

Lfg used to be great but the releases over the past few months have made it more barren than the wastelands of Fallout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back