Did Carlton made the right decision choosing Voss over Ross?

Remove this Banner Ad

For all the Carlton fans gloating how much better than St.Kilda they are:

Fitzroy (1979 - 1996): 156 wins, 236 losses, 39% winning percentage, 3 wooden spoons
St.Kilda (1975 - 1992): 122 wins, 269 losses, 31% winning percentage, 7 wooden spoons
Carlton (2002 – 2019): 128 wins, 259 losses, 32% winning percentage, 5 wooden spoons

Since then you are 42-44-1, including two winning finals.

So congratulations to Carlton on making it back to being plain average after 2 decades of being one of the 3 or 4 most irrelevant and pathetic teams in history. Can see how getting on a roll for a few weeks at the end of a year must feel really good.

For all the talk about Carltons great list / being a flag chance in 24, they won the same amount of games last year as St.Kilda (who never dropped lower than 6th all year) while rolling out an older team

And like most people approaching middle age, I cant remember any St.Kilda or Carlton flags either!

Last edited:

Fitzroy (1979 - 1996): 156 wins, 236 losses, 39% winning percentage, 3 wooden spoons
St.Kilda (1975 - 1992): 122 wins, 269 losses, 31% winning percentage, 7 wooden spoons
Carlton (2002 – 2019): 128 wins, 259 losses, 32% winning percentage, 5 wooden spoons

So congratulations to Carlton on making it back to being plain average after 2 decades of being one of the 3 or 4 most irrelevant and pathetic teams in history. Can see how getting on a roll for a few weeks at the end of a year must feel really good.

For all the talk about Carltons great list / being a flag chance in 24, they won the same amount of games last year as St.Kilda (who never dropped lower than 6th all year) while rolling out an older team

And like most people approaching middle age, I cant remember any St.Kilda or Carlton flags either!
At least we didn't swap jumpers during our flag wins, always confusing when you see a St Kilda player wearing a Collingwood top carrying the cup.

At least we didn't swap jumpers during our flag wins, always confusing when you see a St Kilda player wearing a Collingwood top carrying the cup.
How would you know? Half your cups came before TV even arrived in Australia.

And only 1 since it became the actual AFL. Hell about 6 out of every 7 players on the Carlton list weren't even alive for the last one.

How would you know? Half your cups came before TV even arrived in Australia.

And only 1 since it became the AFL
Fortunately for us the world existed prior to the 1990's, with the magic of archival footage, old newspaper snippets and the like!

It's a better strike rate of 1 in over 100 years. You're the last club to call anyone pathetic.

Fortunately for us the world existed prior to the 1990's, with the magic of archival footage, old newspaper snippets and the like!

It's a better strike rate of 1 in over 100 years. You're the last club to call anyone pathetic.
Does the state library microfilm of newspapers go back to most of Carltons flags?

Must be a real party in the basement archives staring at one single black and white photo from 1907. Do you have to register ahead when you want to see it to make sure there aren't too many people already there?

Does the state library microfilm of newspapers go back to most of Carltons flags?

Must be a real party in the basement archives staring at one single black and white photo from 1907. Do you have to register ahead when you want to see it to make sure there aren't too many people already there?
Your one thing of note was tarnished by swapping jumpers, so the one-defining feature that is etched into history forever is ruined.

But I guess that's okay for a club with a 1:27 premiership to spoon ratio.

Finished 3rd won two finals and we're just plain average, so is your judgement.

"Did Carlton made".

ioio5ub7k6271.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy crap! There are doggies supporters in this thread trying to mock Carlton for their coach! You can't make this up! LOL

View attachment 1901035

And I suggest they have every right to as their coach is an AFL Premiership coach. Voss hasn’t even won a Preliminary Final.

It was never a Ross vs Voss thing, Ross refused to sit for an interview. I thanked him for that at the time, whatever happens with Voss, we dodged a bullet with Ross. Never wanted him, never want to see him coaching my club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back