Diet and nutrition

Remove this Banner Ad

Kangaroo Fillets with creamy mushroom sauce
drool.gif

Mmmmm or a Bernaise sauce or even in Thai curry sauces(coconut milk)

Helps when your a Chef!
Besides all the prep for this which isn't practical for most, it would be hard for any one to argue about all the said ingredients on the above list , lacks saturated fat would be my Only criticism but apart from that if we all followed this daily Doctors would be extinct.

If he ever became the Health Minister allot of food manufacturing n processing businesses would go broke.

Helps when your a Chef!
Besides all the prep for this which isn't practical for most,
it would be hard for any one to argue about all the said ingredients on the above list , lacks saturated fat would be my Only criticism but apart from that if we all followed this daily Doctors would be extinct.

If he ever became the Health Minister allot of food manufacturing n processing businesses would go broke.

Interesting he has said on numerous occasions when he cooks for his family prep and cooking time is always between 10-40 minutes and rarely longer.

Helps when your a Chef!
Besides all the prep for this which isn't practical for most, it would be hard for any one to argue about all the said ingredients on the above list , lacks saturated fat would be my Only criticism but apart from that if we all followed this daily Doctors would be extinct.

I would also be interested in the price of this one day of food.

Why would you be interested?
Because I assume it is relatively expensive, and if it is, then Pete Evans is not doing a great job as a healthy food advocate if he is promoting a lifestyle which is both significantly time and money-demanding.

One might even wonder if he might be riding the coattails of the paleo/primal/LCHF lifestyle to differentiate and create a name for himself.

Because I assume it is relatively expensive, and if it is, then Pete Evans is not doing a great job as a healthy food advocate if he is promoting a lifestyle which is both significantly time and money-demanding.

One might even wonder if he might be riding the coattails of the paleo/primal/LCHF lifestyle to differentiate and create a name for himself.
This shows you have no idea and are just up to your usual trolling.

This shows you have no idea and are just up to your usual trolling.
It's not trolling to have an opinion and question things with a valid hypothesis.

However it is trolling to just call someone a troll every time they say something, no matter what it is.

I tend to agree to an extent. It's not at all out of the question to suggest that this kind of daily routine is probably a little out of touch with the capabilities of the modern parent looking to improve their family's eating habits overall. The K.I.S.S method for the vast majority would apply IMO, particularly for young families anyway.

All the power to him for being able to maintain this level of detail (being a full-time chef as well extremely motivated and able to combine his 2 full-time occupations as passions is a big bonus for him). But this isn't a breakdown that people curious about Paleo/LCHF and looking for ideas are going to bother delving further into after reading, due to the impracticality on face value of looking at that daily menu, from a time & cost perspective anyway.

I love what he's about and what he's doing. But I think people would connect with him more on a mainstream platform if he kept it simpler. Just my humble opinion. I'd love to see some recipes more practical - ingredients and time-wise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tend to agree to an extent. It's not at all out of the question to suggest that this kind of daily routine is probably a little out of touch with the capabilities of the modern parent looking to improve their family's eating habits overall. The K.I.S.S method for the vast majority would apply IMO, particularly for young families anyway.

All the power to him for being able to maintain this level of detail (being a full-time chef as well extremely motivated and able to combine his 2 full-time occupations as passions is a big bonus for him). But this isn't a breakdown that people curious about Paleo/LCHF and looking for ideas are going to bother delving further into after reading, due to the impracticality on face value of looking at that daily menu, from a time & cost perspective anyway.

I love what he's about and what he's doing. But I think people would connect with him more on a mainstream platform if he kept it simpler. Just my humble opinion. I'd love to see some recipes more practical - ingredients and time-wise.

He is not aiming at this particular type of family, he is aiming at the Paleo/Primal/LCHF end of the market. We have completely different fridges and pantries to those on the typical SAD eating plan. Everything on his list except Spirulina, Maca and Buckwheat bread (and i dont like liquorice tea) i have either in the fridge or pantry, its what i buy, i dont by s**t like SJ and the rest who think this is expensive. If people would like to take the effort to read his books and stop jumping to silly conclusions they would realise his food is quick and easy to prepare. Just because it sounds weird and not out of an unhealthy packet like most are used to doesnt mean its expensive and time consuming. But i suspect the purpose of the photo being posted had nothing to do with this.

Out of curiosity do you own either of his last two books?

He is not aiming at this particular type of family, he is aiming at the Paleo/Primal/LCHF end of the market. We have completely different fridges and pantries to those on the typical SAD eating plan. Everything on his list except Spirulina, Maca and Buckwheat bread (and i dont like liquorice tea) i have either in the fridge or pantry, its what i buy, i dont by s**t like SJ and the rest who think this is expensive. If people would like to take the effort to read his books and stop jumping to silly conclusions they would realise his food is quick and easy to prepare. Just because it sounds weird and not out of an unhealthy packet like most are used to doesnt mean its expensive and time consuming. But i suspect the purpose of the photo being posted had nothing to do with this.
Since you buy almost all of these items you can give us a line by line indication of how much this would cost. That was my initial interest which you were quick to turn into a issue.

Out of curiosity do you own either of his last two books?
I was going to include in my post that I have his 'Healthy every day' book, and that I lament the fact that I haven't had the time to try any of the recipes in it yet, but I removed that part.

He is offering advice and suggestions for people who want to live this lifestyle. You don't have to follow it religiously. I probably make one of his recipes about once a week. The rest of the time I eat boring LCHF food, which is neither expensive nor time consuming.

As mentioned in my other thread I'm trying to improve my diet.
So far today I've had two coffees, water & banana & apple.
I don't have a whole lot of healthy food in the house atm.
Is red meat like mince okay for a meal like spaghetti
What's the go with frozen foods, I have some frozen fish in the freezer...
I haven't touched soft drink today at all, I have coke in the fridge but I know it makes you fat.

Since you buy almost all of these items you can give us a line by line indication of how much this would cost. That was my initial interest which you were quick to turn into a issue.
I havent noticed any change in spending habits at all. Its one of the great internet myths (pushed by the DAA and Heart Foundation)that LCHF/Primal is expensive.

He is offering advice and suggestions for people who want to live this lifestyle. You don't have to follow it religiously. I probably make one of his recipes about once a week. The rest of the time I eat boring LCHF food, which is neither expensive nor time consuming.
When i chucked all SAD ingredients out and replaced them with primal based/zero processed food, i just cook with whatever ingredients at my disposal. At the end of the day its so simple and turns out similar to what he cooks. I activate my own cashews not almonds and its one of life's great pleasures and so easy, instead of alkalised water i make his probiotic and ginger water and have that every morning. And just looking back over his daily food list it all looks very quick and simple to make except the Pate which is obviously cooked in advance.

The price objective always seems pop up when better/organic food is a topic yet obese people spend allot on junk food, nothing personal but it just seems a lazy response that organic/ better food is more expensive.
Yes , comparing similar foods is more expensive but I'd argue higher quality food is cheaper overall cos you dont require snacking or binging.
Non processed food doesn't cause cravings for more food like junk food does, packet of chips or biscuits maybe cheap but not if your eating multiple packets daily.

Bulk organic fruit n Vege n meat isn't much dearer than the same supermarket items.

Pay less for you food today n more for your health later.

As mentioned in my other thread I'm trying to improve my diet.
So far today I've had two coffees, water & banana & apple.
I don't have a whole lot of healthy food in the house atm.
Is red meat like mince okay for a meal like spaghetti
What's the go with frozen foods, I have some frozen fish in the freezer...

Honestly, I wouldn't be sweating the small stuff like this at an early stage. At lot of the stuff discussed on this board is pretty high level nutrition, but you can clean up your diet 90% of the way just by observing the old cliché about ignoring the centre aisles and only buying whole food from around the edges of the supermarket.

As you progress and get more knowledgeable (and build more discipline) you can start to be stricter on yourself if you want, but stressing about going full spartan from the start causes a lot beginners to burn out imho.

I haven't touched soft drink today at all, I have coke in the fridge but I know it makes you fat.

I'd ditch the coke though, no good can come of that.

Last edited:
Honestly, I wouldn't be sweating the small stuff like this at an early stage. At lot of the stuff discussed on this board is pretty high level nutrition, but you can clean up your diet 90% of the way just by observing the old cliché about ignoring the centre aisles and only buying whole food from around the edges of the supermarket.

As you progress and get more knowledgeable (and build more discipline) you can start to be stricter on yourself if you want, but stressing about going full spartan from the start causes a lot beginners to burn out imho.

I'd ditch the coke though, no good can come of that.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try not to be to pedantic about it in the early stages.
Feel like I'm tracking well today so far I've had..

2 coffees and a banana (breakfast)
Was feeling a bit run down/weak after my morning exercise session (Situps, pushups, dumbbell)
I went to Woolies and got a Protein Revival Milk Drink which gave me some energy.
Went and did the HIIP for about 10-15 mins got my heart going a bit.
Lite Canned Tuna on Wholemeal Bread with avocado & two slices of tomato (lunch)
Had about 6 glasses of water
Just did another session of situps & pushups.

Might have some frozen fish for dinner with potatoes & frozen vegies.
Not the healthiest dinner but we don't do shopping for a few days.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try not to be to pedantic about it in the early stages.
Feel like I'm tracking well today so far I've had..

2 coffees and a banana (breakfast)
Was feeling a bit run down/weak after my morning exercise session (Situps, pushups, dumbbell)
I went to Woolies and got a Protein Revival Milk Drink which gave me some energy.
Went and did the HIIP for about 10-15 mins got my heart going a bit.
Lite Canned Tuna on Wholemeal Bread with avocado & two slices of tomato (lunch)
Had about 6 glasses of water
Just did another session of situps & pushups.

Might have some frozen fish for dinner with potatoes & frozen vegies.
Not the healthiest dinner but we don't do shopping for a few days.

I need to get a life.

Bulk organic fruit n Vege n meat isn't much dearer than the same supermarket items.
I can't even get that where I live, and even buying supermarket fruit and veg is bloody expensive with one shop having a monopoly..

Do grow stuff like tomatoes, snowpeas and beans at home though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back