Diet and nutrition

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel so hungry today lol
Only had a bowl of Oats/Porridge with honey today so far.
Do you guys believe in those ''cheat days'' as being okay or beneficial?
I was thinking of having one day a week where I can indulge a little.

Thoughts?

Feel so hungry today lol

Thoughts?

You need to find a diet that is sustainable and that will actually become a lifestyle. Eating one bowl of oats/porridge isn't sustainable and will, as you said, leave you feeling hungry. Read the Low Carbs High Fat thread when you have the time and see if you think that will be sustainable. You could be having a plate of bacon and eggs for breakfast instead of a bowl of horse food.

You need to find a diet that is sustainable and that will actually become a lifestyle. Eating one bowl of oats/porridge isn't sustainable and will, as you said, leave you feeling hungry. Read the Low Carbs High Fat thread when you have the time and see if you think that will be sustainable. You could be having a plate of bacon and eggs for breakfast instead of a bowl of horse food.

haha.

oats always left me feeling very hungry. Avoid!

I think I might look into that because today was a bit of a struggle due to not feeling satisfied.
I messed up had an iced coffee drink, smiths bbq chips & a mars bar.
I put them all into the myfitness pal app and I'm already nearly over my daily limit.
The iced coffee was nearly 2000 on it's own and the chocolate was about 1000!
The last two days before I had like 3000+ KJ to spare once I went to sleep.
Real wake up call how unhealthy my eating habits were before.
Thankfully my metabolism is fairly high or I would be a lot bigger....

Next time I shop i'll avoid all the crap and get back on the horse.

I think I might look into that because today was a bit of a struggle due to not feeling satisfied.
I put them all into the myfitness pal app and I'm already nearly over my daily limit.

What did you eat today that made you feel unsatisfied? Get some steaks/eggs/chook in you.

Feel so hungry today lol

Thoughts?

Just some advice from someone who has changed their dietary habits a bit the last two years. Long story short, previously i would drink to much soft drink, to much take aways and a lot of junk carbs/bad fats. I've change my habbits a lot, i'd say 90% of my food intake is from freshly cooked/made meals etc.

When dieting don't starve yourself for two reasons. It will lead you to cheat meals/binging, especially if you have a lot of calories in the bank. Secondly if you do stick to your starvation diet then you will lose weight, but if you hit a plateau you have no room to move to reduce calories to kick start your weight loss again.

Track marcos over calories, it just easier and nutrition labels/calorie contents dont always add to the same as macro contents.

Eat more protein and fats, they will keep you fuller for longer.

Personally for me i work you typical 8am - 5pm Mon to Fri style job. I go shopping sundays, buy all the fruit vegg meat eggs oats i need. And will do a cook up for the next 3 days. I keep it simple, all my meals are the same i just swap the protein source each day and have rice during the day and sweet potato at night. a typical day for me at the moment is;

Meal 1
70g of oats
100g of natural greek yoghurt
100g of mixed berries
20-30g of protein powder
Scoop of chia seeds

Meal 2 and 3
100-120g of brown rice
150g of chicken/beef/fish/kangaroo (changes day to day)
Veggies
10-20g of almonds and peanut butter (depends if i want to lose or add weight)

Meal 4
Banana
20-30g of protein powder or 60g of mass gainer shake (depends if i want to lose or add weight)

pre and post work shakes

Dinner
200g of chicken/beef/fish/kangaroo (changes day to day)
200-300g of sweet potato
Veggies

100g of berries and 100g of Yoghurt

Just some advice from someone who has changed their dietary habits a bit the last two years. Long story short, previously i would drink to much soft drink, to much take aways and a lot of junk carbs/bad fats. I've change my habbits a lot, i'd say 90% of my food intake is from freshly cooked/made meals etc.

When dieting don't starve yourself for two reasons. It will lead you to cheat meals/binging, especially if you have a lot of calories in the bank. Secondly if you do stick to your starvation diet then you will lose weight, but if you hit a plateau you have no room to move to reduce calories to kick start your weight loss again.

Track marcos over calories, it just easier and nutrition labels/calorie contents dont always add to the same as macro contents.

Eat more protein and fats, they will keep you fuller for longer.

Personally for me i work you typical 8am - 5pm Mon to Fri style job. I go shopping sundays, buy all the fruit vegg meat eggs oats i need. And will do a cook up for the next 3 days. I keep it simple, all my meals are the same i just swap the protein source each day and have rice during the day and sweet potato at night. a typical day for me at the moment is;

Meal 1
70g of oats
100g of natural greek yoghurt
100g of mixed berries
20-30g of protein powder
Scoop of chia seeds

Meal 2 and 3
100-120g of brown rice
150g of chicken/beef/fish/kangaroo (changes day to day)
Veggies
10-20g of almonds and peanut butter (depends if i want to lose or add weight)

Meal 4
Banana
20-30g of protein powder or 60g of mass gainer shake (depends if i want to lose or add weight)

pre and post work shakes

Dinner
200g of chicken/beef/fish/kangaroo (changes day to day)
200-300g of sweet potato
Veggies

100g of berries and 100g of Yoghurt

Nice thanks for the write up, might try something like this because I do need something consistent and sustainable.
If you don't mind me asking since dieting what sort of body shape do you have now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He didn't say he was trying to go paleo, specifically .

I just want to look more healthy/fit and more defined in the stomach area.
Also want to bulk up my arms and chest area. (no man boobs lol)

Just since doing regular pushups and dumbbell weights the last week I feel like my arms are getting bigger.
Long way to go though, I'll eventually need to do chin ups/barbell weights as well.

I eat mostly paleo but I still eat cheese and Greek yoghurt.

Cheese is one of my favourite foods in the world and any possible minute advantage giving it up might bring wouldn't be worth the deprivation I would feel.

Cheese is one of my favourite foods in the world and any possible minute advantage giving it up might bring wouldn't be worth the deprivation I would feel.

Same here. Most who go the Paleo/Primal way eat small amounts of dairy especially butter, cheese and good cream. And why not as it is sensational and i feel sorry for vegans missing out. Its only the more hard core Paleo mob that dont and they are in the minority. Vegetarians at least have half an active brain to realise they need the nutrition it provides.

I know but it's the one thing that the low fat plant based and paleo diets seem to agree on. Dairy = yuck.
Maybe so, but something like a satiating, full fat greek yoghurt will always do better for his stated personal goal of weight loss rather than constantly falling off the wagon and snacking on junk food, which is the main problem he's looking to combat at the moment.

I really like feta cheese with red onion next to a salad.

Feel so hungry today lol

Thoughts?

You've been having cheat days every day for years so what good will one do now.

Natives or islanders don't have the luxury of a cheat day, it's called discipline.

Natives or islanders don't have the luxury of a cheat day, it's called discipline.
Natives and islanders also eat rats.

(But I agree with your general sentiment.)

Yep no matter what your health plan is having cheat days when you've only just begun sets you right back to square one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back