Monash Gryphons
Northern Blues
Power House
Richmond Centrals
St Francis Xavier
Swinburne Uni
UHS-VU

Early thoughts or predictions?
I would imagine it would be South Mornington instead of Monash Gryphons if the VAFA stick to their normal formula when a club leaves

Can we be sure of Emmaus St Leo's either?

Pre-season training kicks off for the Snakes tonight... I'm guessing a lot of the clubs will be back this week?

Why Emmaus St Leos? Isnt Werribee the only club going and Canterbury the only club joining senior divisions?
Can we be sure of Emmaus St Leo's either?

Pre-season training kicks off for the Snakes tonight... I'm guessing a lot of the clubs will be back this week?[/quot

Why Emmaus St Leos? Isnt Werribee the only club going and Canterbury the only club joining senior divisions?

No word from the VAFA yet on alignment... Weren't they going to split us into North South East West this year?

The burning issue for 2014 is who is going to take over as the slacks and tucked in polo with dress shoes combo team after its recent links to gaining promotion the last two years?

Another burning issue is whether a club will attract more than 50 supporters at a home game that isn't a past players day or final.
I agree this is a hugh problem as crowd create atmospher bigger crowds may help attract some players
but will also put money into the club through the canteen and over the bar after the game .i am not sure how clubs can go about attracting crowds

I agree this is a hugh problem as crowd create atmospher bigger crowds may help attract some players
but will also put money into the club through the canteen and over the bar after the game .i am not sure how clubs can go about attracting crowds

What do you mean you're not sure?? Allow alcohol sales during games!

What do you mean you're not sure?? Allow alcohol sales during games!
while i tend to agree with you a lot of ammos dont as they like to point out it a point of differance when playing you dont have drunken idiots yelling abuse at players and umpires which is a very valid point .
So i am unsure of what the remedy is

Division 4 EFL club looking for a Practice match for these dates march 15th or 29th away , Pm for contact
details cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No no no. We don't want drunken yahoos ruining games.

Drunken Yahoos? I am now at Crib Point but keep an eye on these forums, Not once this year was there a drunken incident at any MPNFL game I went to. With the netball being played simultaneously, it really is a family affair. For small clubs that don't have the financial backers like your Sorrento's, Alcohol sales are a great source of revenue for clubs.

Drunken Yahoos? I am now at Crib Point but keep an eye on these forums, Not once this year was there a drunken incident at any MPNFL game I went to. With the netball being played simultaneously, it really is a family affair. For small clubs that don't have the financial backers like your Sorrento's, Alcohol sales are a great source of revenue for clubs.

Its a brave new world... not everything needs to revolve around drinking.

Not saying the world does revolve around drinking! However, it is a great source of revenue for many clubs on the peninsula, Sausage in bread with a VB combo is always a winner. Let's face it, every club has 2's players that during the 1's sit in their car and have a few drinks sitting in their cars. Would this not be better being bought from the club? You will never stop players/supporters from drinking in their cars at vafa games. And being able to have a beer or two out in the open would then create a better atmosphere around the ground, (as everyone would be together) rather than the occasional horn toot when a goal is kicked.

Not saying the world does revolve around drinking! However, it is a great source of revenue for many clubs on the peninsula, Sausage in bread with a VB combo is always a winner. Let's face it, every club has 2's players that during the 1's sit in their car and have a few drinks sitting in their cars. Would this not be better being bought from the club? You will never stop players/supporters from drinking in their cars at vafa games. And being able to have a beer or two out in the open would then create a better atmosphere around the ground, (as everyone would be together) rather than the occasional horn toot when a goal is kicked.

I know of a middle tier club in the SFL who made close to $25,000 in bar profits (not sales....profits alone). What would one give to have that revenue influx to pay for the ever increasing expenses of running a football club. I know the VAFA's philosophy on selling alcohol during games but yearly affliation fees alone are probably more than this figure. How do clubs in the lower grades survive without the high end corporate luncheons that some A & B grade teams can network?

I've heard some of the VAFA clubs make nearly $100K on their canteen/bar... and they don't sell during games.

I've heard some of the VAFA clubs make nearly $100K on their canteen/bar... and they don't sell during games.

Notice I didn't mention anything about canteen in my statement? I'd imagine also that $100K would be a total sales figure, not profit as well. Care to name some of these VAFA clubs & what division they would be in that are making this sort of money? If they are lower grade team with a low supporter base that must have some great aftermatch functions/luncheons

EFL Division 4 club looking for a practice match away on the 15th/16th of march please PM for details so i can contact ASAP cheers

When we don't have gate takings, nor alcohol sales it is very hard to make some cash. This is the same topic each year, the dead horse has been beaten enough.

Wowee... Round 1 has been determined already? Usually we don't find out until Feb at the earliest! Of course this is not set in stone.

South Mornington @ Eley Park
Northern Blues @ Albert Park
Aquinas @ Emmaus
SFX @ Richmond Central
Power House @ Swinburne
La Trobe @ UHS-VU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back