D3 Division 3 - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day gents
Roxburgh park FC , affiliated with EDFL DIV 2 , looking for an away prac match on the 15th March 2014. We have U18-ressies & snrs looking for a hitout . If Interested Pm me & il get back to you.
Cheers

Gone quiet here.

What are club's numbers at training like so far? Hard to get people down that play cricket, work etc for a club that doesn't pay players before Christmas?

Been involved as player, assistant coach and committee of VAFA clubs for many years. I don't see lot's of "families" using the VAFA game as an outing. I really do think it's time to adjust the rules and allow sales of alcohol at least up until half time of the seniors (for all reserves and spectators etc) in an allocated area.

It looks as if it will be the same as in 2013, with no one going up or down, due to the movements in the higher grades.

It looks as if it will be the same as in 2013, with no one going up or down, due to the movements in the higher grades.

So the Blues will have to play in D4 again? After winning a premiership? Sounds a bit rough...

Ummmm no- this is not correct, they released a fixture preview for all grades except D4 a few weeks ago, St Leos come down, South Mornington get a reprieve, Old Westbourne go down and get relocated then resurrected, Eley park and Northern Blues come up. in fact if you really want to know, how about jumping on the VAFA site and looking at the fixture there

how long have u been a snakeman fumler ?

Played for the juniors back in the day and played 3 games for the snakes back in the early 90's.

Lived in Kenny st when i was a youngen. In Cairns now so a North boy too.

Played for the juniors back in the day and played 3 games for the snakes back in the early 90's.

We've just got a bloke come down from Cairns who is pulling the boots on for us this season mate.

cool, may or may not know you then..i played in their first ever game and then right up to 94ish, when i moved to cairns, great memories from centraland. :)

cool, may or may not know you then..i played in their first ever game and then right up to 94ish, when i moved to cairns, great memories from centraland. :)

Great oval hidden but oh so close to the city.

You at North cairns?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great oval hidden but oh so close to the city.

You at North cairns?

nah, have no faves up here tho i played at bulldogs and hawks in late 90s up here
and know quite a few and matey with many of the north cairns supporters from way back, live near watsons too, was amongst the crowd in that famous granny pre game dust up a few years back at cazalys and as for the snakes played over 100 games all b4 the big move to KB. Still in touch with a few of the boys and get the newsletters as im a life member.

I have had my first preseason off in 10 years. Went down to see the snakes tonight for the first time. New coaches, some new players, solid numbers. I think they will be competitive this year, but I have no insights on any other teams. This forum is so dead! Is there another d3 blog some where I'm missing out on?

this should be a great season i hope the VAFA put some more effort into promoting the lower grades as we have two sets of local derbys AP and PH
NB and LU it would be nice to see some sort of crowds at these games . I wonder how AP and PH attract players when they are surrounded by clubs in higer grades all in walking distance of each other .

this should be a great season i hope the VAFA put some more effort into promoting the lower grades as we have two sets of local derbys AP and PH
NB and LU it would be nice to see some sort of crowds at these games . I wonder how AP and PH attract players when they are surrounded by clubs in higer grades all in walking distance of each other .

mates of mates guys who move down from the country & a follow on affect from blokes who still want to play senior footy but know they cant get a senior game at an a-c grade level. Its the same out in parkville for uhs-vu, nth & west bruns get the follow on from blacks, blues & fitzroy & with centrals, swinburne & hawthorn from scotch, xavs & st kevins

mates of mates guys who move down from the country & a follow on affect from blokes who still want to play senior footy but know they cant get a senior game at an a-c grade level. Its the same out in parkville for uhs-vu, nth & west bruns get the follow on from blacks, blues & fitzroy & with centrals, swinburne & hawthorn from scotch, xavs & st kevins
thanks member for you reply thank god for mates. But it must make it slightly difficult for the coaches to plan a season out as i bet the numbers would be low for pre season until late feb early march and they would not know what sort of team they will be able to put together. i am not bagging any club i am just curious as i had a mate who played at a uni side in the lower grades in the 90's and they had the same problems each year, waiting to see who turned up at uni each year and wanted to play in melbourne and not go home to the country each weekend .

thanks member for you reply thank god for mates. But it must make it slightly difficult for the coaches to plan a season out as i bet the numbers would be low for pre season until late feb early march and they would not know what sort of team they will be able to put together. i am not bagging any club i am just curious as i had a mate who played at a uni side in the lower grades in the 90's and they had the same problems each year, waiting to see who turned up at uni each year and wanted to play in melbourne and not go home to the country each weekend .

If you can get 75% of your previous years list to train once before XMAS you've done pretty well. With a little promotion and word of mouth you can just about guarantee a larger group of players for the new season, if not a better quality list. The problem for Uni sides is that their list changes so much from year to year, but that is also a MAJOR benefit. They can be rubbish one year and terrific the next, that's not the case for district clubs, especially if they have no affiliations.

Last edited:
It's true I guess. We get a few from each of the schools nearby. But mostly from the country or people who just live

If you can get 75% of your previous years list to train once before XMAS you've done pretty well. With a little promotion and word of mouth you can just about guarantee a larger group of players for the new season, if not a better quality list. The problem for Uni sides is that their list changes so much from year to year, but that is also a MAJOR benefit. They can be rubbish one year and terrific the next, that's not the case for district clubs, especially if they have no affiliations.
too ture its either boom or bust for the lower uni sides in D3 but does not see to be as bigger problem for the top graded uni sides. "If you can get 75% of your previous years list to train once before XMAS you've done pretty well" does not sound like much effort from the players but i agree with you with this currnet crop of players this a good get. Imagine how good your side would become if all the players brought into pre season properly and how far ahead of the comp in fittnes you would be. i am looking forward to following d3 even though it will only be by the net so good luck to all the clubs this season

Any news on practice games or solid recruits that clubs can spruik? Might get some discussion going

Aquinas have the following practice games

March 15th Vs Kew
March 22nd Vs South Melbourne
March 29th Vs Park Orchards (EFL)

All being played at The College

Swinburne, solid numbers on the track... Look like they will be improved on last year.

Any word on South Mornington? They have had a very quiet offseason.

Swinburne, solid numbers on the track... Look like they will be improved on last year.

Any word on South Mornington? They have had a very quiet offseason.

Certainly very quiet, hopefully not another team to bite the dust.... With Wyndham pulling out of Div 4 (so says the D4 thread) and possibly South going out completely, would leave an 11 team comp in D3 and 10 in D4.... Pretty bad considering how close it is to the start of the season and the restructuring of the fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back