Injury Dixon injured meniscus at some stage in the past

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not too concerned .. Feels like the more adversity off the field the more likely you'll win a flag.. Hawks in 2014 and us back in 2004 stevens left (football world said we were no chance) when we lost our captain, Carr for half the season and francou for 12 months. Monfries/ Ryder bans and the pressure on Lobbe is a small setback and this is non issue really, look at how chad bounced back last year with this exact injury in January.

Annoying that he misses some training, but hopefully he gets back in time for the last NAB game to warm himself up.
Not really too fussed at the news.

im just happy that he wont go down with a serious injury before the seaosn starts
You and me both. My wife tells me that I'm a glass 1/2 empty type while she's a glass 1/2 full type.
So I said to her "either way the glass is twice as big as it needs to be".

One of the positives out of this is that our hand remains close to our chest until round 1.

Every coach in the competition would be watching our NAB footage watching how we're going to use Charlie with Schulz and Westhoff.

Now we just bring back Butcher whilsts he is out, and play the status quo of 2015 and remove them of that opportunity

is there anything sadder than opposition supporters celebrating a player's minor injury
Depends on the player. I would feel quite justified celebrating if Sam Mitchell went down. Brent Harvey I wouldn't. He's a pain in the arse and causes us to lose more often than not but he's straight as a die.

So long as it wasn't career ending.

Just wait til Brad 'who needs Dangerfield? sob sob wank' Crouch goes down again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terrible news for the big fella, hopefully the timeframe indicated is all it is and he still plays round 1.

It's not the end of the world but we aren't having the best of luck so far this pre season, we've taken a couple hard hits already. Maybe the luck comes later this year.

One of the positives out of this is that our hand remains close to our chest until round 1.

Every coach in the competition would be watching our NAB footage watching how we're going to use Charlie with Schulz and Westhoff.

Now we just bring back Butcher whilsts he is out, and play the status quo of 2015 and remove them of that opportunity
Or the opposite, we really needed that time for them to gel and work out how we are actually going to make it work.

I think it means we have a track record of reporting 4-6 weeks but the player is often out for 8 weeks.

Not sure if that's true though.

I don't think it's true at all. And I don't think there's some conspiracy from within the club to hoodwink us over these things. Very occasionally a timeframe might blow out, but more often than not I think the club takes the cautious approach and gives us what they believe to be the maximum number weeks they believe a player will be missing.

I don't think it's true at all. And I don't think there's some conspiracy from within the club to hoodwink us over these things. Very occasionally a timeframe might blow out, but more often than not I think the club takes the cautious approach and gives us what they believe to be the maximum number weeks they believe a player will be missing.

Once bitten twice shy re: the Polec time-frames I'm guessing....that's the only one from memory that the time-frame consistently blew out but that was the nature of his particular injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back