Do supporters on here genuinely hate their team's rivals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you guys believe people genuinely have a hatred for other teams, or do you feel it's all in the fun of a rivalry? Like, for example I don't legitimately hate the Eagles, but when it comes to the derbies I'll fire up the banter, I'd rather them win the flag over a Victorian team though. The only two rivalries I've seen that spark genuine hatred are Crows v Power and Blues vs Pies.
If you rather your rival wins a flag over Victorian teams I’d suggest they are not really a rival at all.

It generally feels a little different here to the UK where I was born. Whether I HATE Crows fans or not is a good question but I certainly don't wish specific harm on them like I do with Birmingham City fans...then again no adult crows fan ever king hit me at a game when I was 13 so there you go...

It generally feels a little different here to the UK where I was born. Whether I HATE Crows fans or not is a good question but I certainly don't wish specific harm on them like I do with Birmingham City fans...then again no adult crows fan ever king hit me at a game when I was 13 so there you go...
Get yourself some Victorian number plates. I know a family whose car was keyed and their 12 year old daughter spat on and abused by Crows fans

I don't hate Adelaide. I would only get annoyed if we lost to them when we were supposed to win. I genuinely would not have cared if they won the 2017 premiership, they were the best team that year and deserved it. I have always been someone who has focused more on liking the club I support rather than focussing on hating the one I dont.

Get yourself some Victorian number plates. I know a family whose car was keyed and their 12 year old daughter spat on and abused by Crows fans
My mate came back from the bar at Footy Park and I noticed the back of his jacket was covered with spit. Mine was the same. When I went back to the bar I noticed Crows fans spitting on other Hawthorn supporters. This was a thing in the 1990s. This happened again when we returned two year later. Worst fans in the AFL by a mile. Even worse than Essendon, Add the Crows to my hate list. And Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn’s rivals are the teams that have beaten us in GFs. Geelong, North, Essendon, Carlton and Sydney. The history is there, if you beat then in a GF, the ‘hate’ are returned and the rivalry grows.

Yeah funny, the rivalry is with GWS for us, but not Sydney.

Carlton, hmmm.

I have a lot of mates that follow Carlton and we have a lot of fun, so do i hate Carlton, no.

I love it when we beat them, i even love it when someone else beats them, but the truth is, the last few years i want them to come good again, i miss the huge games.
same with purples.

i actually enjoyed games way more when we are at the same level - for the last few years you look at it at the beginning of the season and pencil in a win.

boring....

Hate is such a strong, passionate word that I extremely rarely use.

I hate West Coast.

Freo are just sad
Too irrelevant to hate and to be fair, they have provided plenty of laughs over the years

Seriously, I reckon many opposition fans I know hate Collingwood more than they like their own team. I find that bizzare
Never hated Collingwood. Always had Collingwood supporting mates and we’ve had a strong record over them since the early 80’s.

Essendon, Geelong and to a lesser degree Carlton though.....

The next few days everyone was telling me what a sh*t game it was, maybe for a neutral but for a tiger fan to know you have the flag won by half time and to just sit back and enjoy the last 2 quarters... pure joy.
Was tremendous.
Extremism in any thing is not desirable.
Balance ,best wishes to the umpires on a terrific match tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back