Dockers Fans Jumping The Gun?

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Kenny_01

At the start of the season, Watson had the Eagles 14th or 15th and the Dockers to finish 6th and Pav to win the brownlow, so I respect his opinion ;) And he thinks we will win a premiership within 3 or 4 years.

i was agreeing with you until you said this.

Originally posted by Juddyzthebest
Look im happy that the dockers won on the weekend and everything ( yes... i no), but did anybody see how their fans carried on at the airport? You thinkd they'd won the Grand Final or something! I know theyre probably excited, butthere are still 3 rounds to go .They could have at least waited till the end of the H&A season to get all excited...

Is Carny starting to show a bitter side to his light condescension now that we have eclipsed his beloved and mighty team on the ladder, and could in all likelihood prove to be their downfall this year. I must say of all the eagle boys I would have expected this the least from him.

Re: Re: Dockers Fans Jumping The Gun?

Originally posted by dockertor
Is Carny starting to show a bitter side to his light condescension now that we have eclipsed his beloved and mighty team on the ladder, and could in all likelihood prove to be their downfall this year. I must say of all the eagle boys I would have expected this the least from him.
I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about. Unless I'm supposed to be "Juddyzthebest" now.

Re: Re: Re: Dockers Fans Jumping The Gun?

Originally posted by carneagles
I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about. Unless I'm supposed to be "Juddyzthebest" now.

I thought the same !

Any chance of you blokes just enjoying that warm glow without the belated angst ??

Originally posted by RogerMellie
Your credibility was hanging by a thread after your previous post. Whoops, there it goes.

Typical soft**** Dockers poster. I BACKUP what I say with reasoning, reasoning you may or may not agree with. Where is your reasoning? If you don't agree with something I say, show some BALLS and tell me WHY you don't agree. At least Kenny does that. It's easy to say 'Your credibility is hanging by a thread'. According to who? Have you talked about me with other people? Or are you the official designator of who has credibility? LOL Who is the real one without substance, without credibility? Hmm? RogerMellie?

Re: Re: Re: Dockers Fans Jumping The Gun?

No way I'm comparing you to anyone with Judd in their username you would have to increase your stroke rate 100 fold. Point was its strange of you to criticise some docker supporters for getting excited and “carry on” at the airport. Just seemed a little like sour grapes and not up to your usual standard.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dockers Fans Jumping The Gun?

No way I'm comparing you to anyone with Judd in their username you would have to increase your stroke rate 100 fold.

How is having a player's name in your username any different from having a club's name in your username? Or are you making some kind of deep philosophical argument that the team is greater than the individual :eek:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dockers Fans Jumping The Gun?

No way I'm comparing you to anyone with Judd in their username you would have to increase your stroke rate 100 fold. Point was its strange of you to criticise some docker supporters for getting excited and “carry on” at the airport. Just seemed a little like sour grapes and not up to your usual standard.
But I haven't. I don't have a problem with it at all, truth be told.

My only contribution to the thread has been to point out that using Tim Watson to support an argument on football issues is almost as probative as quoting Tony Shaw.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dockers Fans Jumping The Gun?

My only contribution to the thread has been to point out that using Tim Watson to support an argument on football issues is almost as probative as quoting Tony Shaw.

Gezz, I guess someone should shoot them. Having been premiership captains and former AFL coaches, they obviously don't know anything at all :rolleyes: And what have you done?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dockers Fans Jumping The Gun?

Originally posted by Sera
Gezz, I guess someone should shoot them. Having been premiership captains and former AFL coaches, they obviously don't know anything at all :rolleyes: And what have you done?
Premiership captain or not, I guarantee you, Tony Shaw knows SFA about the West Coast Eagles.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dockers Fans Jumping The Gun?

Are you suggesting that people who have never coached at AFL level are unable to comment on AFL coaches? Kind of shoots down the whole concept of Bigfooty, doesn't it.

I was only having a lighthearted dig, ferchrissakes. Eagles supporters don't have to agree all the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dockers Fans Jumping The Gun?

Are you suggesting that people who have never coached at AFL level are unqualified to comment on AFL coaches?

All i'm saying is that their opinions should be respected because they have reached the pinnacle of AFL success.

But I haven't. I don't have a problem with it at all, truth be told.

I stand corrected and completely retract all previous posts and apologise wholeheartedly forthwith. Misread somewhere and attributed the post you somehow (must have been too much celebration on the weekend). The reference to Judd in the username was a dig squarely aimed at 2 specific posters. You probably know who.

I knew alot of dockers fans (certainly not all of them) were sore losers, but do they have to be sore winners as well? I, and i'm sure many other eagles supporters are genuinly happy for the dockers to be making the finals, even if the feeling isn't mutual.

Which certainly made me laugh - both would definitely make my "Worst 5 Modern Day AFL Coaches" list.

And stop using the word "probative" - you'll raise the level of posting beyond the grasp of anyone with a "Z" in their name.

Yours
Voize of Reason

Typical soft**** Dockers poster. I BACKUP what I say with reasoning, reasoning you may or may not agree with. Where is your reasoning? If you don't agree with something I say, show some BALLS and tell me WHY you don't agree. At least Kenny does that. It's easy to say 'Your credibility is hanging by a thread'. According to who? Have you talked about me with other people? Or are you the official designator of who has credibility? LOL Who is the real one without substance, without credibility? Hmm? RogerMellie?

Lordy, you're easily riled aren't ya? What was your argument? I didn't know you had one. I thought you were just serving up some hackneyed anti-Freo tripe. Tripe like West Coast being a better team. But West Coast are below Fremantle on the ladder. (And it must eat you up inside). About Fremantle supporters being jealous of West Coast's period of success. This success was achieved before Fremantle's genesis. With a state squad. This is why West Coast have more members. Because the good folk of W.A. had one team to choose from. If Fremantle had been the first West Australian team, they would have more members. Simple. Steggles and Sampi more exciting than "the two pricks"? What, cos you sez so? Compelling stuff. And to round things off, you employ the "unbiased view of Tim Watson" to support your views. Well shoot, you got me there. One media pundit's opinion. Well, um, I think Fremantle's a better team. Don't take my word for it though, its the unbiased view of George Grljusich.

Originally posted by Milkman
I knew alot of dockers fans (certainly not all of them) were sore losers, but do they have to be sore winners as well? I, and i'm sure many other eagles supporters are genuinly happy for the dockers to be making the finals, even if the feeling isn't mutual.

Milko
To be a dockers fan is to have suffered the derision, mocking and downright abuse of many “sore winners” over an extended period of time. Some of that vitriol is bound to be reflected at some stage but most of us a just real happy to be where we are at the moment. A few light barbs directed to our nearest neighbours are inevitable and many of us will take great pleasure from returning some to their original owners.

Take it in good fun with the knowledge that tables will always turn

Milko
To be a dockers fan is to have suffered the derision, mocking and downright abuse of many “sore winners” over an extended period of time. Some of that vitriol is bound to be reflected at some stage but most of us a just real happy to be where we are at the moment. A few light barbs directed to our nearest neighbours are inevitable and many of us will take great pleasure from returning some to their original owners.

Take it in good fun with the knowledge that tables will always turn

I think that Freo supporters have been remarkably restrained.
Maybe you blokes don't know when you are well off. :)

Originally posted by RogerMellie
Lordy, you're easily riled aren't ya? What was your argument? I didn't know you had one. I thought you were just serving up some hackneyed anti-Freo tripe. Tripe like West Coast being a better team. But West Coast are below Fremantle on the ladder. (And it must eat you up inside). About Fremantle supporters being jealous of West Coast's period of success. This success was achieved before Fremantle's genesis. With a state squad. This is why West Coast have more members. Because the good folk of W.A. had one team to choose from. If Fremantle had been the first West Australian team, they would have more members. Simple. Steggles and Sampi more exciting than "the two pricks"? What, cos you sez so? Compelling stuff. And to round things off, you employ the "unbiased view of Tim Watson" to support your views. Well shoot, you got me there. One media pundit's opinion. Well, um, I think Fremantle's a better team. Don't take my word for it though, its the unbiased view of George Grljusich.

Easily riled? Just serving it up to ****wits like yourself. We all know Grljusich is a tool for Fremantle vitriol, just like you. I use Tim Watson because he is the only unbiased person (why would he be biased towards the Eagles?) in the media who has given their view on the two teams. It amazes me that if someone has not achieved success as a coach at AFL level they supposedly have no knowledge of the game? The Eagles success was achieved with a State Squad? :rolleyes: That old one? ROFL Same old crap and lies I was talking about in my original post. No one ever forced you to support the Eagles before the advent of Fremantle, if in fact you did. I say Matera and Sampi are more exciting than Farmer and Medhurst because they have kicked more goals. Maybe you have a different criteria... who knows. You are, of course, entitled to your opinion but to say I have lost all credibility because... of what? You turned the topic of the thread into one of credibility, nice of you to address the issue.

Why dont the Docker fans just go back to their board and we'll delete this thread and Kueppers 'ahem' thread and then we can stay away from one another till Derby week!
Then we can all get some peace and quiet around here!
Seriously Eagles fans....we have more important issues to attend to than this sort of crap!

Originally posted by carlyp
Why dont the Docker fans just go back to their board and we'll delete this thread and Kueppers 'ahem' thread and then we can stay away from one another till Derby week!
Then we can all get some peace and quiet around here!
Seriously Eagles fans....we have more important issues to attend to than this sort of crap!

Huh???

What are these boards for

I'll go to dockerland if I just want to interact with our own.

Easily riled? Just serving it up to ****wits like yourself. We all know Grljusich is a tool for Fremantle vitriol, just like you. I use Tim Watson because he is the only unbiased person (why would he be biased towards the Eagles?) in the media who has given their view on the two teams. It amazes me that if someone has not achieved success as a coach at AFL level they supposedly have no knowledge of the game? The Eagles success was achieved with a State Squad? :rolleyes: That old one? ROFL Same old crap and lies I was talking about in my original post. No one ever forced you to support the Eagles before the advent of Fremantle, if in fact you did. I say Matera and Sampi are more exciting than Farmer and Medhurst because they have kicked more goals. Maybe you have a different criteria... who knows. You are, of course, entitled to your opinion but to say I have lost all credibility because... of what? You turned the topic of the thread into one of credibility, nice of you to address the issue.

You speak of vitriol yet call me a "****wit" (knowing full well that the expletive would appear in asterixes). No, you're not riled at all. I never said that Tim Watson had no knowledge of the game. To do so would be foolish. But just because he said that West Coast were a 2-3 goal better team (wasn't that months ago?) does not make it gospel. It is one media person's opinion. And what can't you fathom about West Coast having possessed the cream of West Australian talent - read state side - during their premiership years? As for Matera and Sampi kicking more goals, that's to be expected considering Matera pretty much is your forward line. I think "the pricks" (nice one) are more exciting because they're more unpredictable. And regarding loss of credibility, don't sound so crestfallen. It's (probably) only me who thinks you're a goose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back