FTA-TV Doctor Who

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally bothering to watch most of his episodes properly in order, Matt Smith as an actual Doctor is so, so much better than Tennant.
Tennant will always be "my" Doctor, the 50th Anniversary Special confirmed that. But Ten got really whiny towards the end. Nothing to do with Tennant.

Eleven was fantastic though, just got given absolutely rubbish stories.

Moffat does seem to like aging him up a whole lot.

That said, Rule 1: The Doctor lies.
I think Moffat's explanation is that the Doctor doesn't have a clue how old he actually is any more.

And to be fair it was Davies who had them stuck in the early 900's over Nine and Ten.

So he's over 2000 years old now, that's new I thought Matt Smiths Doctor only reached about 1500.
Depends on how long Clara was away the second time. 10 was in his 900's 11 had likely lived a reasonable amount of time by the time he ended up on Trenzalore. (I seem to remember him claiming to be around 1,200 at one time). The first time Clara went she was gone for 300 years so that'd bring him to 1,500. She was probably gone at least that again the second time.

Last edited:
In The Day of the Doctor, Eleven does say "1200 something. Unless I'm lying. That's how old I am, I don't know if I'm lying or not". Russel T Davies stuck The Doctor in the 900's, however, Tom Baker (I think) says he was 900 yrs old as well
Tom Baker was mid 700's, Romana used to comment on him getting his age wrong, but then she fudged her age too.

It's suggested in an e-book (so I'm not sure of the canonicity though as it's published by BBC, presumably it is part of the Doctor's canon) that the Doctor spent 900 years defending Trenzalore.

http://www.digitalspy.com.au/britis...matt-smiths-doctor-revealed-in-new-ebook.html

That would explain why the 12th Doctor says he's 2000 years old in the trailer.

But the Doctor has also previously claimed to not remember his age and that he can't even remember whether he's lying about his age any more.

http://scifi.stackexchange.com/ques...e-doctor-at-the-end-of-the-time-of-the-doctor

Lol does it really matter how old he is...
Yes and no. In the long run, probably not. But it's good to use his age to tell where he is in terms if a timeline. It helped in Matt Smith's Day of the Moon where two Doctors of two different ages appeared. It can also be used when placing David Tennants doctor in circumstances like the 50th anniversary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sometimes he measues his age in Earth years, sometimes in Gallifreyan, sometimes in years since birth and sometimes in years experienced. Or, at least, that's my explanation for having at least four different ages (two of which vary, and can be negative, depending on where in time he is).

Bt09F8bIUAAoD1s.jpg:large

Remove this Banner Ad

Back