Does ASADA, WADA and the AFL turn a blind eye to some PEDS?

Remove this Banner Ad

Unstable

Team Captain
Feb 11, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
All this talk about peptides is rather amusing. It is pretty clear and obvious that the average AFL player with his muscular size, conditioning and endurance are using some sort of gear most likely Testosterone and are probably using HGH for recovery. Are these drugs allowed or turn a blind eye to since we know their side effects which are non life threatening at all. They are nearly used by everyone so WADA, ASADA and AFL generally allow their usage, however, anything that is experimental and side effects are unknown are banned and those who cross the known boundary are sought after and prosecuted.

Is this line of thinking correct?

Last edited:
The part about Testosterone being non-life threatening is incorrect. It can cause many dangerous changes in a person - not just physical, but emotional/mental. HGH - the jury is out on how safe it is. It really depends on using an appropriate dose. An overdose of anything can be life-threatening.

As far as the AFL turing blind eyes to PED use, I really have no idea.

All this talk about peptides is rather amusing. It is pretty clear and obvious that the average AFL player with his muscular size, conditioning and endurance are using some sort of gear most likely Testosterone and are probably using HGH for recovery. Are these drugs allowed or turn a blind eye to since we know their side effects which are non life threatening at all. They are nearly used by everyone so WADA, ASADA and AFL generally allow their usage, however, anything that is experimental and side effects are unknown are banned and those who cross the known boundary are sought after and prosecuted.

Is this line of thinking correct?
basically, yes.

i #second this post

The part about Testosterone being non-life threatening is incorrect. It can cause many dangerous changes in a person - not just physical, but emotional/mental. HGH - the jury is out on how safe it is. It really depends on using an appropriate dose. An overdose of anything can be life-threatening.

As far as the AFL turing blind eyes to PED use, I really have no idea.

Don't be silly, Testosterone is extremely safe at basically any dosage. Athletes use a TRT Dosage of no more then 250mg/week as anymore will cause water gain and lipid levels will result in negative performance, this is the same amount that is prescribed by millions of doctors world wide.

As for the OP, Test use is rare in heavily tested sports - very detectable. HGH absolutely is the No. 1 PED in the world wide, amazing drug that works wonders and is effectively undetectable (Testing is ineffective at best).

Peptides are basically a big free for all as they are not tested for as tests are very expensive and ineffective. Not as abused though as protocols are have yet to be established and there is no studies to suggest how effective they are. Sidenote: GHRP 2 & 6 with HGH reduced 'glow' time to under 2 hours.

Then there's the other 150 PED's they can use, but I really can't be bothered explaining.

basically, yes.

i #second this post
So, is all this gear injected, or is some of it oral? And with what frequency?
I'm just trying to understand why the Bombers program raised some red flags because of the number of injections, but if all teams are on the gear wouldn't the same apply?

So, is all this gear injected, or is some of it oral? And with what frequency?
I'm just trying to understand why the Bombers program raised some red flags because of the number of injections, but if all teams are on the gear wouldn't the same apply?
the peptides all come in creams now. they can also be oral drops, and other stuff. i dont know the technical issues. Dank is your man

as Dank would ask tho, are they more efficacious in eitheroral, transdermal, subdermal, or intravenous

all will potentially find different avenues and effectiveness.

remember when Charles was questioned by Peter Spida Everitt on the Footy Show 20 odd years back, why did he take the injection form of the boldenone when he could have taken an oral steroid. This is also funny why Ben Johnson was caught with stanozolol in Seoul, cos it has a veeeerrrry long half life, you just dont take this drug if you know you will be tested and cant mask it, or that the IOC are not gonna take the urine test then tip it down a drain before sent off to the lab.

And Thorpe's last coach (first coach was Doug Frost then Tracy Menzies), and the head coach in the early 2000s at the AIS Swimming team, Gennadi Touretski was caught with stanozolol in his security-safe which was robbed and tossed in Lake Burley Griffen.

Last edited:
So Essendon are ironically the cleanest team in the comp, due to their incompetence in getting a properly organised program going? And they have been punished for said incompetence and some individual narcissism? Ouch! I'll take that.

I like the way Boomer Harvey and a North trainer have concocted a "WADA compliant" drink full of amino acids that Test cricketers now use.

the peptides all come in creams now. they can also be oral drops, and other stuff. i dont know the technical issues. Dank is your man

as Dank would ask tho, are they more efficacious in eitheroral, transdermal, subdermal, or intravenous

all will potentially find different avenues and effectiveness.

remember when Charles was questioned by Peter Spida Everitt on the Footy Show 20 odd years back, why did he take the injection form of the boldenone when he could have taken an oral steroid. This is also funny why Ben Johnson was caught with stanozolol in Seoul, cos it has a veeeerrrry long half life, you just dont take this drug if you know you will be tested and cant mask it, or that the IOC are not gonna take the urine test then tip it down a drain before sent off to the lab.

And Thorpe's last coach (first coach was Doug Frost then Tracy Menzies), and the head coach in the early 2000s at the AIS Swimming team, Gennadi Touretski was caught with stanozolol in his security-safe which was robbed and tossed in Lake Burley Griffen.
Creams are very often useless though - certainly not as efficacious as iv or subq. The challenge when developing peptidic drugs is to make them as effective orally as they are when injected.

I like the way Boomer Harvey and a North trainer have concocted a "WADA compliant" drink full of amino acids that Test cricketers now use.
I love how you keep spruiking his $4.95 per shot snake oil.

Spark 1 (S1)
Research has shown unequivocal evidence that through the regular use of this amino acid we can boost the body’s carnosine content.

It’s the action of this carnosine that is most significant in its workings inside the membrane of our muscle cells. The carnosine acts as an intra-cellular buffer, helping to maintain cell pH levels during exercise and subsequently allowing higher quality.

Spark 2 (S2)
Another amino acid, this time helping to promote arousal levels and have you mentally primed to take on any type of training or competition and assist you to execute this at the highest possible level.

S2’s effectiveness comes from its role as a building block of Dopamine, a neurotransmitter active in the brain that competes against Serotonin to help drive our motivation, concentration, alertness and arousal.

By assisting the body’s natural production of Dopamine, we can help ensure the mind is ready to perform too.

Spark 3 (S3)
S3 is a group of water-soluble molecules required in higher amounts in active individuals. These micronutrients are necessary during the body’s process of converting proteins and sugars into energy and are used during the production and repair of cells, including red blood cells.

The Spark Experience:
10-15 minutes after taking Spark, you will likely feel the onset of some tingles (paraesthesia) as S1 kicks in. This is the start of the cascade of biochemical reactions preparing your body and mind to perform at its best.

sounds amazing... $4.95 for some tingles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

450?

did scott have reason to his rhyme with his curmudgeonly boomer stance weeks ago, he should get to 450 now

Media creation, Boomer was always re-signing.

sounds amazing... $4.95 for some tingles.

Better than being kicked out of the finals, fined $2m, losing two years of draft picks ... all for some soft tissue injuries.

stanozolololololol

Yes, and a lot of athletes promote and use Gatorade (inc ALF) in spite of numerous published tests which demonstrate it is no better than water for hydration. (http://jap.physiology.org/content/100/4/1433 as one example) - The fact alone that it is used by A, B, C or D, is of itself irrelevant.

So what is in it which is unique when compared to the countless other similar products which in the main deliver a very expensive urine stream?

Where are the scholarly, peer reviewed papers, not funded by the manufacturers, which concur with the statements on the web site?

Let me be clear, good luck to Boomer and his partners for leveraging his local fame into another income. But lets not confuse their natural desire for the business to succeed (I don't think Gatorade would have become a multi national brand by saying that their product hit you with an extra 14 grams of sugar and 50 calories - tastes nice but doesn't do much else above and beyond water), with the science of any real effect.

Yes, and a lot of athletes promote and use Gatorade (inc ALF) in spite of numerous published tests which demonstrate it is no better than water for hydration. (http://jap.physiology.org/content/100/4/1433 as one example) - The fact alone that it is used by A, B, C or D, is of itself irrelevant.

So what is in it which is unique when compared to the countless other similar products which in the main deliver a very expensive urine stream?

Where are the scholarly, peer reviewed papers, not funded by the manufacturers, which concur with the statements on the web site?

Let me be clear, good luck to Boomer and his partners for leveraging his local fame into another income. But lets not confuse their natural desire for the business to succeed (I don't think Gatorade would have become a multi national brand by saying that their product hit you with an extra 14 grams of sugar and 50 calories - tastes nice but doesn't do much else above and beyond water), with the science of any real effect.
Carnosine has some anti-aging potential as counter to oxidative stress, but it is still early days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_glycation_end-product

Or maybe just eat more fresh veggies.

And That beta-alanine tingle is pretty fun

Carnosine has some anti-aging potential as counter to oxidative stress, but it is still early days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_glycation_end-product

Or maybe just eat more fresh veggies.

And That beta-alanine tingle is pretty fun

The wiki was interesting but noted the lack of independent review. It seems hard to extrapolate any meaningful physiological benefit to athletes generally.

Maybe it will end up being a useful tool, maybe it ends up little better than placebo. (I respond particularly well to placebo! Get me a new bike and I will always ride faster - for a little while at least :D)

Yep - the simplest way that the vast majority of us would improve our health substantially by eating a wider array a fresh locally sourced veggies.

The wiki was interesting but noted the lack of independent review. It seems hard to extrapolate any meaningful physiological benefit to athletes generally.

Maybe it will end up being a useful tool, maybe it ends up little better than placebo. (I respond particularly well to placebo! Get me a new bike and I will always ride faster - for a little while at least :D)

Yep - the simplest way that the vast majority of us would improve our health substantially by eating a wider array a fresh locally sourced veggies.
and don't overcook you steak!

That's kind of my point re Boomer

was interesting to read, given Ponting is a huge North man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back