Does West Coast have the worst midfield in the league?

Remove this Banner Ad

They can't compete against big bodied midfields such as Sydney, Geelong and Hawthorn. Always cop a hiding.

Adelaide could not match NicNats 20 contested possessions - Jacobs was good but restricted to taps, Danger was not up to NicNat in athleticism or skill, but we do need a class Fyfe type.

Do certain sections of the WCE supporter group still bag Priddis? Or have they now realized how important he is to them?

Guy is going to finish top 5 in the Brownlow and has put the team on his back multiple times this season.

Apparently because he isn't going to lead us to a premiership he needs to go, asap. The other 39 on the list get to stay and be lead to a premiership by some mystery player who has Priddis' inside skills, Pendlebury's vision, Ablett's elite ball skills, Dangerfield's ability to break lines and JP Kennedy's ability to monster other midfielders.

Apparently because he isn't going to lead us to a premiership he needs to go, asap. The other 39 on the list get to stay and be lead to a premiership by some mystery player who has Priddis' inside skills, Pendlebury's vision, Ablett's elite ball skills, Dangerfield's ability to break lines and JP Kennedy's ability to monster other midfielders.

Swift is making a comeback?

Simpsons gameplan coming in to play earlier than I expected :thumbsu:

Was expecting to see glimpses this season and for his style and coaching to really take over about midway through next season

Bring back the house of pain please gaiz!

The house of pain concept works so much better when both teams are winning there

It sort of gets an aura and mentally teams feel beaten before they get on the plane

Not so good when they are getting the odd win there - no good at all when one team keeps getting pantsed.

I second the return of the house of pain

Do certain sections of the WCE supporter group still bag Priddis? Or have they now realized how important he is to them?

Guy is going to finish top 5 in the Brownlow and has put the team on his back multiple times this season.

Yeah, I don't 'ignore' users very often, but this year I've got a few WC supporters on the ignore list as they hijack threads to berate Priddis continually.

Been great this year, and Simpson has used him very well, clear instructions to handball more and just get in and under at every stoppage.
I trust him more than just about any other player from a set shot, he's very reliable in that area.

Sure he has his moments and does stuff up every now and then, but the Priddis-haters would have you believe he's the only person in the league doing it...

I think he's great to have around the club and his inside work is elite in my mind, I hope Sheed can learn from him in that area.

Yeah, I don't 'ignore' users very often, but this year I've got a few WC supporters on the ignore list as they hijack threads to berate Priddis continually.

Been great this year, and Simpson has used him very well, clear instructions to handball more and just get in and under at every stoppage.
I trust him more than just about any other player from a set shot, he's very reliable in that area.

Sure he has his moments and does stuff up every now and then, but the Priddis-haters would have you believe he's the only person in the league doing it...

I think he's great to have around the club and his inside work is elite in my mind, I hope Sheed can learn from him in that area.

Hes had some great games and hes had some terrible ones

The huge difference between the anti and the pro crowd is the anti crowd can and do ackowledge good games

The pro crowd can watch a game where he has 4 or 5 effective possessions out of 31 - gets run off by his man - sells his team mates into trouble and gets left behind on a fast break leading to easy goals by the opposition and they will defend him to the death and refuse to accept that hes anything less than the second coming of christ.

Hes had some howlers this year - if he plays like he did yesterday - albeit with a few less helicopters id be happy as a pig in s**t - but against the geelongs and hawthorns he hasnt - against the melbournes and st kildas he has

Collingwood arent that good a team - as satisfying as it is to beat them.

feel sorry for eagles supporters. their recruiting has been awful.

downgrading the pick to get sheed
trading a top 20 pick for wellingham
picking ebert when he was always going to play for port
brad sheppard at pick 7

(Log in to remove this ad.)

brad sheppard at pick 7

Shepp hasn't been that bad a pick. Sure Fyfe would have been nice, but he was pick 20, a lot missed him.

Mids in the vicinity of Shep, Andrew Moore (9), Melksham (10) Gysberts (11) Kane Lucas (12), and Lewis Jetta (14), Jetta is the one we could have used, but he's really only had one outstanding season, also 2 years older than Shepp.

brad sheppard at pick 7

2010 draft

Pick 4: Gaff
Pick 27: Darling
Pick 29: Lycett
Rookie Draft: McGovern

Sack em. Sack them all!

where are the wins from the 2009 draft? you have one player left. a very vanilla type who has no out standing qualities. 3 picks in the top 25 that year. you insist on picking the best 'WA' player instead of actually picking the best player at that pick.

where are the wins from the 2009 draft? you have one player left. a very vanilla type who has no out standing qualities. 3 picks in the top 25 that year. you insist on picking the best 'WA' player instead of actually picking the best player at that pick.
Teams who did well in the '09 draft: Fremantle, Essendon, Hawthorn, Geelong

brad sheppard at pick 7
I feel sorry for GWS fans for supporting a basket case.

I feel sorry for GWS fans for supporting a basket case.

not sure what GWS has anything to do with the topic?

you guys have been irrelevant the last 2 seasons despite boasting a lot of talent at both key posts with a empty cubbard in the middle

Who cares.

In 2008 we got Nic Nat and Shuey.

Thats an average of 2 guns each year for 3 years.

Pretty impressive really.

not sure what GWS has anything to do with the topic?

you guys have been irrelevant the last 2 seasons despite boasting a lot of talent at both key posts with a empty cubbard in the middle
Oh please. A GWS supporter calling West Coast irrelevant. Now I've seen it all.

You obviously don't watch enough of our games then. He's our best and most damaging midfielder. Been immense for us the last month.

That doesn't make him a gun.

Ablett, Selwood, Watson are guns (to differing degrees) Shuey is not in their class at present.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back