Review Dogs down Blues 79-59

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps not the most popular of moments for some but I liked seeing the players mingling a bit after the game - Bont/Cripps; Marra/someone; Libba/someone; Cody/Saad; LJones/McKay and several others. Not the ill-feeling that some teams stir up intentionally, such as those beginning with M. Maybe the Blues should hate us more ;).

Perhaps not the most popular of moments for some but I liked seeing the players mingling a bit after the game - Bont/Cripps; Marra/someone; Libba/someone; Cody/Saad; LJones/McKay and several others. Not the ill-feeling that some teams stir up intentionally, such as those beginning with M. Maybe the Blues should hate us more ;).
Yeah I like that too. Everyone gave Louis Young a hug.

Anyone notice when O’Donnell came on he got a warm handshake from his direct opponent. Then firmly shoved in the chest. Welcome to the AFL, kid.

Bucks has a very good football brain, I don't think he was a great coach but he'd be great to have as a second in command.
He's one of the very few media analysts that I have any time for.

I can't see Bucks giving up the easy life that he has in the media to be a second banana with all of the work hours that entails.

A side in need of the sugar hit that a name like his would attract would love to have him.

I think that he'll coach again, but it will only be as banana or errrr. FIGJAM No.1.

Missed the first half of the game due to a family function. Saw the second half and our most favoured option forforward 50 entry was “ bomb it in long”. Was it the same in the first half?

I reckon Jamarra is simply gassed when he makes most of his errors. Straight out fatigued. Give him a couple more preseasons and he will be an absolute beast.

That was a much improved effort from Keath too. Our backline looked more cohesive and he is very instructive down there.

We need to develop some more medium to small defensive options and I hope vdm or Gallagher can fill the bill.
Jamarra has self-belief, demanding the ball and feeling like he has the confidence and role to play a part in the forward line that we haven't seen for his first two years. That's the important first step and the execution will come with physical development and experience. I liked Schache but it's miles apart from e.g. Schache who never played like he felt like he deserved the ball and would always lead to the pockets and flanks and would not want to make mistakes.

Marra and Saad too, I noticed.

The Sunday Footy Show guys gave Lewis Young 7 votes and nothing for Richards 😂
I nearly fell out of my La-Z-Boy. when I saw that.

However, the votes were given by one of these two sentient nutsacks.

So best ignore.

images

As an aside it always amuses me watching that program as the jocks gang up in and take great delight in humiliating the dweeb.

It always has me reminiscing about the golden age of cinema. 1980's teen cinema, just without the dweeb ever winning.

Don’t worry about it. Sometimes the stress is better left alone and knowing when to remove yourself from the situation is the best thing.
Quite funny. I stand behind the race. Went away at half time to get a drink etc and came back to find 2 Caaarrrllton supporters there in my place! Wtf are they standing in bulldog territory for? Only Doggy supporters are priveledged to own that space. "They'll go" we said to ourselves. They didn't. Even when I was doing my best to be a pest standing right behind them. They weren't loud, did not give a murmer until they got a goal in front and at that stage were not obnoxious nor directing comments at anyone. I think that annoyed me even more, lol. I wonder if they stayed until the end.

I love watching this lovely bloke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McKay is genuinely not a good footballer, he’s huge and has super strong hands but that’s literally it. I thought it was even more hilarious than the miss when at the end of the first or 2nd he got the ball with 30 seconds to go 60m from goal and took 25 seconds to move the ball on.

The blokes an idiot, he has zero game awareness, zero football smarts, cannot kick to save himself he literally is just a very big bloke who can mark. I would think twice if I had the option to replace either Lobb or Marra with McKay in our team right now, I probably wouldn’t tbh.
Would you take his brother to bolster the defensive end?

How hilariously pathetic was that commentary last night?

All olden day commentators pining for the days of the VFL, hoping this disaster club deserves so much success because they are a big club and were successful 30 years ago in the Triassic period.
This might be some of the reason for the biased commentators but my take is that Brown & Bucks are mates with Voss and know he has been under the pump so want him to win. Either way unprofessional and simply not good enough.

This might be some of the reason for the biased commentators but my take is that Brown & Bucks are mates with Voss and know he has been under the pump so want him to win. Either way unprofessional and simply not good enough.
Agree. We are not well served by the footy media.

It's hard to know how to respond with monopoly markets. They certainly won't give a moment's consideration to a letter of complaint. Normally I'd say if the service you are paying for is sh*t then stop paying for it. However that's not easy when Fox/Kayo/Seven have the sole rights to live broadcast of games.

If you like the game vision but not the commentary, you can still turn the sound off.
That's one of the benefits of watching in a sports bar. Usually no sound.

As for footy talk shows, I don't see any issue at all. I can't think of any reason for a sentient being to watch them.

I've changed my mind. I think this is my fave:

The most unintentionally hilarious video I've seen for a while.

Seriously fellas, get a life. Please. Get out of those basements and see a sunrise or sunset or go pat a baby lamb or something.

Highly doubt the Middle East peace talks were as dramatic.

The breathless melodrama and the long pauses...God help them when the lose a loved one.

Carlton supporters. The gift that keeps giving.

Still, it could've been worse. Garry Lyon could have been commentating.

What a footy world we live in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back