Review DOGS INTO THE GRAND FINAL FEEEEKYEAAAAH!

Remove this Banner Ad

There's something extraordinary about Bailey Smith's body. He's lean but damn he gets some power from his legs . His acceleration over the first 20 meters leaves players for dead. He just crunches the ball with his kicks- that long goal looked so easy.
I can’t bloody believe how wrong I was at draft time being pissed we went the safe option with ‘vanilla’ Smith. Anything but, the guy could be the best player in the game in 5 years time, he’s just got it. I hate how people call him an arrogant flog (“who will be desperate to get to a big club like the hawks” 🙄), every time he speaks he just sounds like the most humble down to earth bloke ever who just loves playing for his mates. Will be a dog for life

Anyone else waking up wondering if last night was a crazy amazing dream?

Still can’t believe it. Just watched the highlights and that idiot Kane Cornes trying to justify the utter vomit that he spews out from his mouth, wondering if Bevo was having a go at him. Yes Kane he was and yes Kane you deserved it. So happy for Adam Treloar last night and how he bounced back.

What a team!!! Go Doggies!

It's weird how different this experience is to the last prelim win against GWS. I was sobbing after that game, 35 years of supporting this club and falling short a bunch of times. The relief of finally getting there.

Now we've been there, done that. Now is our time to create a winning legacy, something really special.
And I don’t have the taste of shitty cider this time

I’ll put my hand up and say I was one of them. Because he’s played nothing like that for about four years!

He was good in the second half last week, and I thought massive tonight. I mean top five players massive, no matter what the stats say, and I’d bagged him for years for being poor.

If he brought the last six quarters of performance to his normal game he’d be an AA. No question. It’s up to him if he brings it in another GF and from now on.
To be honest I probably thought he was cooked. Not lost his speed, but his hunger.

Wowwee who saw that coming? I’ve always liked Schache but fu** me, I did not see that game in him. He was ******* insane, what a game. Hopefully that proves to him how talented he is
Yeah, surprised the heck a lot of us. Going back to 2019 (?) there was a match against Port in pouring rain (I mean, torrential) which we won, and he clunked everything in sight (in the wet!) and kicked as accurately as he does now. Someone on here posted a link to it a little while back.

Maybe that was a pointer? Something the MC had in the back of their minds?

Last edited:
I demolished an enormous amount of beers last night and the headache is absolutely worth it.
That must be foreign territory. I wasn't given the opportunity to wake up with a head ache the morning after we last won a PF because the ground ran out of bloody beer.

That’s also on the midfield and Martin. English roaming back and forward is a weapon.
I thought English was huge tonight but Martin is why.
This. x 1000. I wasn't sure about including him, but feck, we have to order in a suite of hyperbaric chambers and a container of cotton wool now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember the days where Prelim’s were our nemesis?

I was the curse. Watched them all. Missed the GWS One. Nephews went. Curse confirmed. Undefeated watching on TV. MY BOY has missed the two Tv Wins so we’ve made a deal - I never attend live and he never watches again but we’re undefeated in Grand Finals! ( but that was live!- what to do in 3 weeks?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love how much this win will. Have really felt like a dagger into the hearts of these pissant sooks from EOC, FBBLFC, StKFC,SMSSFC et all who are all following us around like jilted ex lovers screaming “but…but…. The umpires”

if we can get up in the GF from here, the chorus will grow louder and for each howling banshee, my celebrations will get obnoxious by a measure of one Dean Boxall shag thrust per sook.
St. Kilda will be very lonely amongst Vic clubs with 1 flag, if we win another.

As pure a team performance as it gets. Simply brilliant and well rounded from everyone. Hats off to Schache. Kept Aliir accountable all night, took the pressure off Naughton and provided heaps of ground ball which out boys feasted on. Loved Hannan. What a time to produce your best game for us.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Congrats to the whole club, on & off the field.

Congrats to Bevo & my old man who believed in Gards.

Congrats to JJ (never seen him so tough), knew he was on when against the Lions he waved to Nauts to flood back after VDM kicked the point, it was good leadership from a played just dropped to Medi sub.

Congrats to Macrae for his record - more disposals in a year than anyone, ever.

Congrats to Shack & Hannan for proving yourselves worthy on the big stage

I live near Whitten Oval, can't wait to do my exercise tomorrow by walking around it to pay my respects! Go Doggies, a dream night!
Gards even managed to clunk a big contested mark. Everything is coming together at the right time.
Go Dogs!

There's something extraordinary about Bailey Smith's body. He's lean but damn he gets some power from his legs . His acceleration over the first 20 meters leaves players for dead. He just crunches the ball with his kicks- that long goal looked so easy.
He is normally in the top handful of players for kms covered too.

The endurance beasts rarely have that burst speed. Bailey's pretty rare like that.

Yeah, surprised the heck a lot of us. Going back to 2019 (?) there was a match against Port in pouring rain (I mean, torrential) which we won, and he clunked everything in sight (in the wet!) and kicked as accurately as he does now. Someone on here posted a link to it a little while back.

Maybe that was a pointer? Something the MC had in the back of their minds?
In general we have a good record at Adelaide Oval vs Port Adelaide. If I recall correctly we've won there at least 4 times since 2016 (2016, 2019, 2021 x 2). Yes, Schache kicked 3 in that game in 2019 I think.

Who the heck is this bloke running around in Mitch Hannans body last few weeks? Absolute props to him, geez he’s not just holding his own but playing brilliant footy, attack on the ball and man is first rate, his marking has been insane and he’s kicking goals. Paying absolute dividends to everyone who believed in him, a great addition to our forward line right now. Massive respect and apologies for everything i said (and boy was I harsh on him 😳)

Who the fu** is this bloke running around in Mitch Hannans body last few weeks? Absolute props to him, geez he’s not just holding his own but playing brilliant footy, attack on the ball and man is first rate, his marking has been insane and he’s kicking goals. Paying absolute dividends to everyone who believed in him, a great addition to our forward line right now. Massive respect and apologies for everything i said (and boy was I harsh on him 😳)
I think they somehow put Liam Picken in Mitch’s body.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back