Dogs Refuse The Move

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought they had already decided to play it at AAMI if Victory make it, after making a deal with the AFL to keep Etihad free in the future?

News to me if that's the case. I thought they had already decided it would be moved interstate if Etihad was unavailable.

I remember reading that as late as last week. That the FFA don't have the flexibilty to re-schedule it. It's some rule of the Asia federation or FIFA or some other such body, and the FFA have to abide by those rules.

Etihad Saturday night
MCG Saturday night
skilled Saturday night/Saturday arvo/Sunday

Are all options the afl could have considered - would this have been an option dogs fans would have considered?

As a freo fan any of these would have been good choices ahead of moving the game out of the original state

Etihad Saturday night
MCG Saturday night

Are all options the afl could have considered - would this have been an option dogs fans would have considered?

As a freo fan any of these would have been good choices ahead of moving the game out of the original state
Exactly. It was/is very do-able. Instead, the Dogs have to throw a tanty like they're suddenly as badass as Collingwood.

Exactly. It was/is very do-able. Instead, the Dogs have to throw a tanty like they're suddenly as badass as Collingwood.

The Bulldogs are playing where they are scheduled to play. The only tanty is coming from the FFA who were silly enough to change the dates!

You seriously think it's the bulldogs making the final call?
I am sure that the AFL and Bulldogs discussed all those alternatives that didn't involve playing in WA....rescheduling for another day as im_a_lazy_sod noted...

Etihad Saturday night
MCG Saturday night

But they still tantied to the AFL.

Wow rejecting $750k how many members do the Bulldogs have?

So the equalisation farce is just a farce afterall.

Maybe in the early 2000's when the AFL bailed Carlton out they should have instead made them sell their home games to stay afloat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty ironic, considering their tantrum about how North were trying to sell a home game to West Coast was the reason the AFL didn't allow it.

I hardly recall us chucking a tanty ...didn't the AFL just knock it on the head?

We shall all remember this when the AFL wants one of the other sporting bodies to do them a favor re: scheduling.

Go back to calling yourself soccer and we'll talk ;)

News to me if that's the case. I thought they had already decided it would be moved interstate if Etihad was unavailable.

I remember reading that as late as last week. That the FFA don't have the flexibilty to re-schedule it. It's some rule of the Asia federation or FIFA or some other such body, and the FFA have to abide by those rules.
I think all that moving it interstate talk was just huff and puff to try and get the government to do something.
Not sure where you got that 40,000 or FIFA thing from. Only doco I could find said the choice of venue is at the sole discretion of FFA.

http://www.a-league.com.au/dct/ffa-...n Rules Summary_1n4qmi5ixgamcziooub8nd8tv.pdf

We shall all remember this when the AFL wants one of the other sporting bodies to do them a favor re: scheduling.

Finally, the truth. There is only one person in this thread who really has their knickers in a knot about this issue and it is this guy. And this guy now uses the word "we" in opposition to the AFL. That explains it all.

Sure, soccer troll, you remember this. Because "we" AFL supporters couldn't give a stuff what you think. And "we" will never be asking for any favours from your crappy sporting bodies because "we" dominate you in this country. And "we" always will.

And maybe while "you" are remembering things, "you" should remember to schedule your mickey mouse competition in a vaguely competent way next year.

They actually have been in the exact same scenario as this. There was no discussion of forcing the other party to reschedule.

I think all that moving it interstate talk was just huff and puff to try and get the government to do something.
Not sure where you got that 40,000 or FIFA thing from. Only doco I could find said the choice of venue is at the sole discretion of FFA.

http://www.a-league.com.au/dct/ffa-dtc-performgroup-eu-west-1/Hyundai A-League 2014-15 - Competition Rules Summary_1n4qmi5ixgamcziooub8nd8tv.pdf

I can't remember where I read it now, and there's no hope of finding back any news articles a week later.

When was the last time that happened?

The AFL on the other hand regularly makes way for other events, be they the Olympic games, soccer internationals/exhibition games, etc etc etc. The difference is, those events can actually plan ahead of time and stick to those plans.

The Hawks sacrifice their own Melbourne "home" games for this. They don't purchase the home fixture of any opponent.

As far as I am aware this is the first instance of a club attempting to "buy" the home game of a rival.

And that is the difference.

My point is the concept of a home game is very different in the national comp, it can be & is, anywhere the AFL agrees, just NOT WA. The Hawks play in Tas for the money & its a good deal for footy, no argument, well done Hawks.

The WA clubs pay money for equalisation, offer a commercially viable alternative & the AFL says no thanks just give us the money. Just as they did when the Eagles & North looked to swap a loss maker at Etihad to a profit generator at Subi some years back.

This thread shows that WA fans still carry a chip the size of the Nullabor.

This situation is not even remotely comparable to teams selling their home games.

It's a club trying to buy an away game.

The AFL haven't allowed this since Brisbane did it with Melbourne. Both WA clubs protested about that deal, yet it's now some AFL conspiracy against WA to not allow it?

Amazing.

When was the last time that happened?

The AFL on the other hand regularly makes way for other events, be they the Olympic games, soccer internationals/exhibition games, etc etc etc. The difference is, those events can actually plan ahead of time and stick to those plans.

Just not always though ..

This thread shows that WA fans still carry a chip the size of the Nullabor.

This situation is not even remotely comparable to teams selling their home games.

It's a club trying to buy an away game.

The AFL haven't allowed this since Brisbane did it with Melbourne. Both WA clubs protested about that deal, yet it's now some AFL conspiracy against WA to not allow it?

Amazing.

Conspiracy Dunney, not even spin ... the game loses money when some games are played at venues & can turn a profit if played elsewhere: shhh, its a secret, a conspiracy, a dirty trick, no its Geelong playing at home or playing in Melbourne, its the Hawks playing in Tas or in Melbourne. NO CONSPIRACY, commercial reality.
Supply exceeds demand in Melbourne but dont tell Dunney !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back