Review Dogs subdue the pig shooters (GWS) 113-68

Remove this Banner Ad

Apologies but there will be lots of rambling posts for me tonight, first beers in a month or two and an epic win makes fargy chatty!

H Shaw, Wallis (bought in this week), Dahl & Murph in my SC makes me a happy boy!

Review to come :p

Good team game today. We made their quality look pretty ordinary for most of the match, most of our team stood as one.
M.Boyd, Wood, Wallis, Rough, Picken were all excellent - and Dickson quietly kicked 4 goals too.
Welcome back Will Minson, played very well today, pumping up the crowd like a wrestler after the siren was hilarious.
Hamling didn't look out of place, but watching on the TV I couldn't see enough of him. Anyone at the ground have a different view of Hamling today?
I thought Grant was ok in general play, but missed some easy shots on goal as did some others.

tumblr_inline_mmpfn12nWw1qz4rgp_zpsury3wmte.gif

Well extremely satisfying. We'll all be glowing tonight.

Minson was a huge in. Whilst I think we did need to know if Cordy could play or not, hence his extended run, its hard not to think about the whatifs especially v freo...

Wood is simply a gun. Playing at an extremely high standard. Got the confidence to drop off a man and back himself in. Reminds me of Adam McPhee.

Moyd is re-born. Having a great season and showing real leadership.

Wallis our most important clearance player. Hardest at it with Picken and is a pure workhorse. A bit like Brett Ratten.

I thought Macrae played an important 3rd quarter. Just as GWS got on a roll he had some important possessions.

Toyd while not obvious from the stats, he just gives us structure. Has made a massive difference. On the other talls, roughy is going to be a real swingman weapon, Fletch is really solid and good first up effort from Hamling.

Finally loved Bonts and Wallis's tackle in the 4th on no 32. There was clearly niggle in it from Bont and then he simply walked off :)

Only downside goal kicking. Its a real issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talia, Hamling, Roberts, Rough and Cordy emerging in the 2s. I'm suddenly a fair bit more confident about our kpd stocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was just so bloody sweet. That sweet giant blood drip fed to us all day. When these boys learn to convert more we'll be a special outfit.

Bev has turned some blue collar players into key contributors this year. Koby, picken and Dickson are new men

Wallis is just a star. Flat out a very good afl player. We're seeing the supreme talent we drafted. Watching him lead out on the wing to the cheers made me so much happier on the day we faced that stinking mob.

Dahl doesn't play bad games anymore. Very good afl player.

Macrae I was blown away with today that's one of the best games I've seen him play.

Still liked Webb, never did anything wrong.

JJ is just a marvellous player to watch.

Minson and Roughead pounded the AA ruck leader today, pounded him.

Liked grant. He just does good things (except in front of goal).

Jong took a step forward albeit small as well, should've run in that goal though.

Although it cost us some premiership points, putting macrae and Will back paid dividends today. Both looked new players.

Also really liked hrovat, not always perfect by foot but it's because he's trying to create. Looked a comfortable afl player today with a nice side step, awesome pressure and good speed

Best game I've seen Hrovat play so far.
Great pressure all game from the boys.
Hats off to the drink with the changes he's made in the way we use players such as Moyd and Roughy.
Still hurts seeing Ward play in those colours but at least the pig shooter had no influence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All week we've heard how good GWS are and we sat them on there a***s and smacked them in the chops. Love it, love it, love it.

When Will came over to the Hawkins Wing and the crowd erupted, I couldn't clap or shout loud enough. Will, never leave us again.

Supreme performances by so many. Mitch Wallis was outstanding. Toyd has made such a difference. Well done big fella. So many great more performances, but I'm spent.

Go Dogs!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back