Review Dogs subdue the pig shooters (GWS) 113-68

Remove this Banner Ad

Hardly. He'd played some very good games in his first two years and remember only Cameron and Taila finished higher in rising star voting in 2012.
He's playing as well as I've and others have known he has the ability to play if he wasn't used out of position previously, without making this about our former coach.

Agreed! I've always been a big Wally fan however i feel like this is his best game for the club. He's played good games but he was instrumental (especially early) today.

The only negative thing for me today was I managed to pick one of the very few of our players not to score for my Pieman banker.

Other than that, all good!

Wally was having such an impact in the first half that they ended up putting Coniglio on him. He came out and said he's been waiting for this game and he backed it up in spades. With him and Dahl around the contest it makes a huge difference, imagine when Libba gets back!

Hamling didn't look out of place, but watching on the TV I couldn't see enough of him. Anyone at the ground have a different view of Hamling today?
I thought Grant was ok in general play, but missed some easy shots on goal as did some others.
Purposely watched him. Did a brilliant job as the final sweeper. Filled defensive space and negated the contest. Allowed Roughead to do his job in the ruck, Easton to play the positive, in play, defender. I think he was only caught out once and that was the quick low kick to the top o the goal in the second/third where JC goaled.

First time I'd seen him in the flesh was against Geelong VFL and I thought he'd be a 100 gamer for us @ AFL level. Tonight was one step but I firmly believe this.

Well done Dogs we are going to be up and down with such a young team. Glad today was up. Is it wrong to be proud that my nine year old son yelled out, 'giants, you aren't even a real team'? I told him to pipe down but he was in his element responding loudly, 'but that's what you say dad!'.

One of the few games I've watched where the bests were so obvious, Wallis and Wood. Wow. Called it this season with Wallis not with Wood. Wood must be B and F leader. Superb.

Hrovat still seems dicey on his execution. We look a better side with Grant in the team, his speed and pressure plus his aerial threat are godsends.

With the rucks, interesting to see Will jumped into his opponent and was clearly watching his opponent in an attempt to negate. Roughead on the other hand used his leap to attack the ruck duel. Thought Rough did really well and under Bev's structure, the ruck future looks to be him IMO. Will did really well, good on him. Think our mids enjoyed the change in ruck personnel. I sure did, hope there is no turning back now. If we need an athletic ruck we have Rough. If not we have Will.

Oh and Griffen getting buried was a highlight...think his face might have even been buried in the turf. Enjoyed that immensely.

Purposely watched him. Did a brilliant job as the final sweeper. Filled defensive space and negated the contest. Allowed Roughead to do his job in the ruck, Easton to play the positive, in play, defender. I think he was only caught out once and that was the quick low kick to the top o the goal in the second/third where JC goaled.

First time I'd seen him in the flesh was against Geelong VFL and I thought he'd be a 100 gamer for us @ AFL level. Tonight was one step but I firmly believe this.
Great report, thanks mate :thumbsu:

That's our challenge in the next few years. ...to bring it for four quarters against everyone.
That's likely to come simply by being an older and more experienced team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still buzzing. So, so many positives. This was the game I'd circled at the start of the year as the one we simply had to win, and the entire team brought it. Great performances all round.

Ahh, now I remember why I love big Will.

Hitouts to advantage are a major part of footy. No coach will ever be able to develop a system that provides otherwise.

Everybody played so damn good. Hard to pick the best. Very good to see Will, Macrae and Webb back in the ones.

Don't have anything to say that hasn't already been said, other than the following...

* you GWS, you plastic shitstack. You talked a big game at the end of last year and where did it get you? Your big recruit left his spine in the #16 locker at Whitten Oval, and it appears the rest of your side never had one in the first place.

Salary cap, draft and list size concessions are no substitute for guts and hard work. Your 'club' is built on a rickety foundation of welfare cheating and you deserve none of the success that the AFL will ensure you have.

You made a poor, poor choice, Ryan Griffen.

didnt watch the game- How did the traitor go today? Did he get Booo'd when he kicked his goal? :)
Yes he did. With great gusto every time he went near it, which wasn't too often I'm very satisfieD to say.

The really funny thing is that if you look at the numbers, you'd swear that Mumford dominated. But no, he was pretty ******* terrible against Minson & Roughead.

Lets take a look at the games of Tom Boyd & the guy that totally was in front of him as a player at GWS in McCarthy.

Tom Boyd- 8 disposals at 87.5%, five marks, 3 contested marks, 2 marks inside 50, 1 tackle, 3 inside 50's, 1 goal 1 behind

McCarthy- 7 disposals at 57.4%, 4 clangers, 3 marks, 0 contested marks, 0 marks inside 50, 0 tackles, 0 inside 50's, 1 goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back