Review Dogs subdue the pig shooters (GWS) 113-68

Remove this Banner Ad

didnt watch the game- How did the traitor go today? Did he get Booo'd when he kicked his goal? :)

Part 1:

Dickson: Another four goals, had to stand up today with Crammers and Jake out and he did. He'll have his quiet games after big games because he gets better defenders, but when he gets that fifth or sixth defender he is too good for them. And he has improved his work around the ground immensely this year.

Dahl: Just ultra consistent and I think we take it for granted a bit. Yeah the set shots are bad, he will never kick them regularly from 40+ out. But what he offers in the middle, pressure, and winning contests that are less than 50/50 chances to win make him a hugely important player for us. Set the standard early again!

Big Willy: What a comeback, worked hard defensively and made an impact the other way. Got under Mumfords skin and won free kicks. The Roughy/ Minno combo works a treat with the opposition completely confused as to who is rucking at times!

Picken: What a year he is having. Starting to impact the scoreboard too, and reasonably reliably. Never loses a contest and just wills himself to contests he never should get near! Couldn't be happier for him, honestly such a champion bloke and he deserves every bit of praise!

Grant: Hard to judge, his pressure has honestly improved so much this year. He knows it's his last chance and I think that is showing with his kicking for goal, could have had 3 or 4. Just needs to find some balance. Another that set the tone early with pressure.

Toyd: Not a huge game but extremely important. Knew it would be tough without Stringer and Crameri and really started so well. The impact he has had on our team so quickly is really amazing, and when he has the strength to hold them marks that are just bobbling out he will be a 60-70 goalkicker minimum. Love the guy.

JJ: Gonna pump up my own tyres a bit cause I rarely get things right :p I continuously said all he needs is a bit of confidence, and when he got it look out. He has been sensational this year! His run and carry and dare is a reason to watch us in itself. And what a grab and goal! Jakey would have been loving watching that!

Really loved Minson today. Was told to fix the reason he was being dropped (lack of application around the ground) and he did it perfectly - took an intercept mark in defensive 50, was an effective forward target, and did everything that it can be argued Cordy is marginally better than him at.

Loving how we're using Rough as a genuine utility as well. He played as a ruck, 3rd man up ruck, forward, back and wingman all at various times in this game.

Part 1:

Grant: Hard to judge, his pressure has honestly improved so much this year. He knows it's his last chance and I think that is showing with his kicking for goal, could have had 3 or 4. Just needs to find some balance. Another that set the tone early with pressure.

I agree. He looked filthy with himself after the game. He's doing all the stuff he never used to do, and now he's not kicking the goals he should be.
I can't really see him being dropped after this week, but I hope he finds the goals soon.

Best game I've seen Hrovat play so far.
Great pressure all game from the boys.
Hats off to the drink with the changes he's made in the way we use players such as Moyd and Roughy.
Still hurts seeing Ward play in those colours but at least the pig shooter had no influence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hrovat just needs to mature a little more, 2 more seasons he could be very good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game. Big Will showing why he should have never been dropped and how much of a waste the Cordy experiment has been. Don't like to boast but i called this one.

From the Preview Thread - "Really excited for this game. I think we're going in with the best lineup we've fielded all season, and you know the boys will be fuming after last week. Expect massive games from Macrae, Minson and Grant. Hamling is a really good pick i rkn, being the most athletic tall backman we've got, so will be perfect for Cameron. As good as Talia has been down back, his decision making on the rebound has been terrible, costing us way too many turnovers in the back 50. A week or 2 in the VFL and some extra focus on the training track should have him back better than ever.

It's no surprise Bonts performances has dropped since Minson was dropped, looking forward to him tearing it up with some first use from a real ruckman and Wallis and Macrae firing to spread the load. I don't know if it's my rose tinted glasses but I'm expecting a huge performance and a comfortable win this weekend (I'm ignoring last week, we were basically 3 players down -Jong, Goodes, Cordy)."

Mitch Wallis' breakout game. Absolute bulldog.
Hardly. He'd played some very good games in his first two years and remember only Cameron and Taila finished higher in rising star voting in 2012.
He's playing as well as I've and others have known he has the ability to play if he wasn't used out of position previously, without making this about our former coach.

That was an absolute shellacing. GWS played for about 10-15 minutes in total and accurate set kicking was their friend.

Other than that, we floored them. Superb team performance.

Easton Wood BOG for me. He is growing into quite a player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back