Society/Culture Domestic Violence

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like vigilantism to me.

The owner/ manager of a business needs to ensure the building is safe for all employees and customers. There is also a requirement to maintain the concept of "quiet enjoyment of others" under the strata titles act.

Do nothing or do something? Personally I don't have respect for men who hit women and will go out of my way to protect the vulnerable. I am not ashamed of that and feel men have an obligation to society to protect women and children. Perhaps its old school.

Further advising people criminal action will follow is hardly vigilantism.

Has that stopped it, or moved on a little further down the line?

I dare say it has simply moved the problem. The only real solution for DV is separating the people in the relationship.

If by promoting people move out means there is a reason for the victim to leave, then we have a win. If the victim moves into a new premise with the criminal, then the cycle continues.

Don't you report criminality to the cops rather than taking things into your own hands? They're paid to deal with that s**t.

Cost vs Benefit analysis

Our primary objective was to ensure a safe environment. It was determined the best course of action given the resources available.

It worked.

If it didn't then we would have had to gather the evidence required for the DPP to act and prosecute. Do you think they would act and press charges based solely on a complaint with no support. Do you think they would set up a sting to gather the evidence?

Real world vs what you want it to be.

They tend to have more contact time with children so you have to factor that in!
He seems not to think this makes any difference. Or has some sort of blindness to certain facts. Or something. I don't know.

I shouldn't respond but this thread keeps showing up in my participated list on Tapatalk and I cave when particularly dumb and ugly posts are made.

You don't understand the idea that if, say, 85% of people are responsible for 70% of something they are under-represented. If 15% of people are responsible for 30% of something, they are WAY over-represented.
This is your claim to act as an apologist for the abuse of children by mothers. You will not back it up though.

The simple fact is you cannot back it up so you are stuck resorting to personal insults and abuse.

They tend to have more contact time with children so you have to factor that in!
Chief has said multiple times on this site that men are overrepresented as abusers of children and even said it is not close. That is what they are implying in this part of the post.
You don't understand the idea that if, say, 85% of people are responsible for 70% of something they are under-represented. If 15% of people are responsible for 30% of something, they are WAY over-represented.
They never have anything to back it up despite being requested time and time again. My contention has been that both genders abuse children and there are some categories that are more prone than others including single mothers and stepfathers as examples of disproportionate perpetrators.

The conversation on family violence seems to forget the female contribution to child abuse which is why I mention it more here.

The idea that women and men could be as bad as each other when it comes to the abuse of children seems to do the head in of Chief
They then resort to petulance, insults and abuse because they interpret an inconvenient truth as anti women.

Chief has said multiple times on this site that men are overrepresented as abusers of children and even said it is not close. That is what they are implying in this part of the post.

They never have anything to back it up despite being requested time and time again. My contention has been that both genders abuse children and there are some categories that are more prone than others including single mothers and stepfathers as examples of disproportionate perpetrators.

The conversation on family violence seems to forget the female contribution to child abuse which is why I mention it more here.

The idea that women and men could be as bad as each other when it comes to the abuse of children seems to do the head in of Chief
They then resort to petulance, insults and abuse because they interpret an inconvenient truth as anti women.
Mate. It's pretty clear:
1. You don't get stats
2. You're not trying to push that last claim.

He seems not to think this makes any difference. Or has some sort of blindness to certain facts. Or something. I don't know.

I shouldn't respond but this thread keeps showing up in my participated list on Tapatalk and I cave when particularly dumb and ugly posts are made.
Speaking of ugly posts.
You don't care about child abuse. You care about blaming women, probably due to a bad marriage break-up, bad mother, or both.
You are a joke amongst users of this site, moderators included. Friends I show your posts to (and the posts of others) say things like "why do you even want a dickhead like that on your site?"

Why indeed? :screamcat:
Reads like the reply of a bully. Not a good look.

Mate. It's pretty clear:
1. You don't get stats
2. You're not trying to push that last claim.
My contention is that mothers and fathers both abuse children without claiming one gender is proportionately more likely to than the other.(my statments on that have been about single mothers and stepfathers)
USA government department comprehensive statistics show that the mother was a perpetrator in 70% of instances.

Disprove it if you disagree.

If you read over my posting history on this subject which kicked off in the domestic violence thread you would see you know nothing about what I have pushed on this site.
My contention is that mothers and fathers both abuse children without claiming one gender is proportionately more likely to than the other.(my statments on that have been about single mothers and stepfathers)
USA government department comprehensive statistics show that the mother was a perpetrator in 70% of instances.

I saw your posts in the domestic violence thread. Don't assume things.

You pushed the same s**t, it was and still is always reactive stats attempting to point out one side looking bad

You then continually argue about overrepresentation with chief without actually understanding what he's saying

Just gonna throw it out there, when someone who has disagreed with chief and CM many times in this thread is saying you're looking like an idiot, it's probably nothing to do with me being on their side...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long does she deserve?

What sentence should she receive, that would make you feel it's fair?

Serious question.
It was partly a tongue in cheek comment relating to the sentencing gap. Maybe not that tasteful but no offence intended!

Attempted murder of a child = jail time. How much? I've never studied law and don't know of the circumstances of this case, e.g. was the boy a nightmare to deal with? As long as it's the same as what a man would have gotten under the same circumstances.

If you read over my posting history on this subject which kicked off in the domestic violence thread you would see you know nothing about what I have pushed on this site.

Relax BORK....Their trying to put you on the defensive, in a good old classic pincer manoeuvre....Regather your Clarity.

It's all been discussed. You don't understand reports you're reading, even the ones where the author cautions against drawing conclusions due to issues with data collection and categorisation.

You don't care about child abuse. You care about blaming women, probably due to a bad marriage break-up, bad mother, or both.

Factors like poverty and alcohol are brought up as soon as "gendered violence!" is mentioned. But dropped pretty quickly as soon as the conversation turns to ways to solve that - likely your conservative views making the cognitive dissonance unbearable.

This part of your post was unsubstantiated nonsense, but at least it can be refuted by evidence and rational argument.

Right now you're just stinking up threads with your screechy, repetitive rubbish and now dumb pictures. You are a joke amongst users of this site, moderators included. Friends I show your posts to (and the posts of others) say things like "why do you even want a dickhead like that on your site?"

Why indeed? :screamcat:

Then this! It's basically an Appeal to Force logical fallacy. Yes, we know it's your website, but unless we are notified otherwise SRP is not your personal blog. We have a set of rules, set by yourself and your appointed moderators, that governs the conduct in SRP. Making inferences to remove people from the site, regardless of the site rules, is really an exercise in censorship on your part. And yes, the standard of debate is not always great quality, including personal tit for tat and dumb pictures. But you have also been guilty of editing people's posts, renaming threads to suit your argument and childish retorts.

This part of your post was unsubstantiated nonsense, but at least it can be refuted by evidence and rational argument.
Really? You think you can refute basic mathematics?

Hold on while I make myself some popcorn.

When you do the breakdown of who lives with whom ( e.g. many more single mothers), the men are over-represented and the women are under. This has been posted many times.

What is linking to every newspaper report doing for the discussion?

"Mewmewmewmew women abuse too!"

What is the point of this?

Does this somehow lessen or excuse DV at the hands of women?

And further....Is all DV against young boys at the hand of women, a result of Misandry?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back