Don't bag the Ten Network

Remove this Banner Ad

I just watch the Tennis instead. If Nine are going to delay the cricket I'll watch something else, especially when my interest in mundane ODIs are already at an all time low. At least Seven came to their senses a few years back and stopped delaying the night session of the Aus Open into Perth.

Ten and Seven have both realised WA audiences will no longer cop the three-hour delay, hence we get the footy live on Seven Mate and the BBL live on One.

Nein seem to think they are immune from this with the ODI's however.

10 have not gotten very good at filtering naughty words through there stump mics.

There are two things Ten has going for it:

1. The commentary team - ******* awesome selection of true Aussie cricket legends
  2. Every game on FTA TV (albeit not live)
But obviously it's ******* ruined by Ten being selfish twats and forcing QLD and SA viewers to watch The Project and get the game an hour later while the internet and even the news headlines ruining the score. Check out the Ten and Ten Sports FB page for a good laugh at the constant abuse thrown at Ten about their shithouse coverage. Not in HD, not live, and no *s given about their audience.

Hell, the weekday games in Brisbane (held IN Brisbane AT the Gabba) are still shown an hour later, meaning fans can leave the stadium after the game has finished and get home before the FTA feed has finished. What a joke.

But obviously they don't care because they're getting great ratings.

1. The commentary team - ******* awesome selection of true Aussie cricket legends
But obviously it's ******* ruined by Ten being selfish twats and forcing QLD and SA viewers to watch The Project and get the game an hour later while the internet and even the news headlines ruining the score. Check out the Ten and Ten Sports FB page for a good laugh at the constant abuse thrown at Ten about their shithouse coverage. Not in HD, not live, and no ****s given about their audience.

Hell, the weekday games in Brisbane (held IN Brisbane AT the Gabba) are still shown an hour later, meaning fans can leave the stadium after the game has finished and get home before the FTA feed has finished. What a joke.

Well said mate agree 100%

But obviously it's ******* ruined by Ten being selfish twats and forcing QLD and SA viewers to watch The Project and get the game an hour later while the internet and even the news headlines ruining the score. Check out the Ten and Ten Sports FB page for a good laugh at the constant abuse thrown at Ten about their shithouse coverage. Not in HD, not live, and no ****s given about their audience.

They also told kids Santa isn't real.

Ten and Seven have both realised WA audiences will no longer cop the three-hour delay, hence we get the footy live on Seven Mate and the BBL live on One.

Nein seem to think they are immune from this with the ODI's however.

Im pretty sure they are showing the ODi games live now in WA (bar the 20/20's)

Delayed sport is soooooo antiquated and they throw in more commercials. I never bother. Lucky I live in the AEDT so the world revolves around me.

I'd have thought this kind of thing was dead now but I guess there's a big casual audience who don't notice/care (it is commercial free-to-air TV after all).

Pre Social Media (before 2005-2006) it wasn't a huge deal, but now with everyone talking about the game on various social media platforms, it's pretty hard to evade spoilers for a delayed game. You essentially have to become a hermit /luddite for an entire evening. Plus I'd prefer to watch a 240p internet stream live than a SD channel nine/ten broadcast delayed. Being cut off from the world for several hours just isn't a thing anymore.

Even quite a few years ago, I remember when I tried avoiding spoilers for cricket and AFL circa 2008 and just couldn't do it. Just said 'f these campaigners' and just got the full time score and went and played a game or watched a movie or whatever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd have thought this kind of thing was dead now but I guess there's a big casual audience who don't notice/care (it is commercial free-to-air TV after all).

That's why they were so pissed at Lynn for highlighting it.

I've got the tennis on and checking the scores on cricinfo instead of watching on delay but what do channel 10 care, I don't have a ratings box.

Lol the viewers will get confused

remember the angst when ch 7 wouldnt show friday night afl games live? ricky olarenshaw said because people are creatures of habit and go out for dinner....they are used to it and if its live theyd miss out on the footy.

this is the same.

networks are liars. then complain people watch sport online.

Twice so far this season, we waited something around 45 mins to an hour for the second match to be called a no result.

Gotta keep the sponsors happy :thumbsu:
yeah, that's obviously farked up. It's bad enough when they show all the half-time during the 3am replays on ch1

Last edited:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket...at-least-2018-19/story-fn5k3es5-1227188071358
Some good news, whilst this is mostly about league expansion in the long term. It also makes notes that after the backlash channel 10 has received next season all games to be played live in all states.

Gold Coast and Canberra will be next in. 'Big' cities, far enough away from the existing teams to not hinder their match day revenue.

So we should just abandon games the moment players go off and say that's it so you can watch something else.

He's talking about watching a rain delay an hour after it happened.

Am working up in Brisbane this week and must say it is frustrating knowing the games are on and have to wait an hour to watch them, especially as could watch the Ind V Eng game live on GEM.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back