Autopsy Dreamtime at the G , versus Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Tried our best. We have character. We have ticker. We can match the best. Just not good enough to win at this stage. Keep working at it boys, we'll get there soon enough.

Grimes going down was terrible :(

Make no mistake. We've improved

As much as I hate losing, tonight we witnessed the rebirth of the Tigers. No longer are we going to be considered an easy beat. We just need to learn to capitalise on our chances when they present.

Deledio easily played his best game for the club and nearly singlehandedly hauled us over the line and deserved to be awarded BOG.

There was one thing I was really disappointed with though and that was how quickly some supporters seemed to drop off when things weren't going well for us before half time. On here and twitter supporters were writing us off saying that we were going to get smacked. That was old Richmond, this new Richmond doesn't know how to quit.

Challenge next week.... bring on the Dorks!! I thought we were blown away in the first half tonight and to come out and take over the game in the 2nd half is a testament to how far we have come, especially losing one of our key defenders....

Our luck will turn and we'll start to get over the line in these close ones....

Reminds me of the geelong and west coast games! The inability to kick a goal once we hit the lead in the last quarter after fighting back, what is it?

There is nothing good or right or is there anything that can justify allowing an umpire to umpire for a match which he is a former player of. Robbed again. So obvious on alot of the calls tonight.

As much as I hate losing, tonight we witnessed the rebirth of the Tigers. No longer are we going to be considered an easy beat. We just need to learn to capitalise on our chances when they present.

Deledio easily played his best game for the club and nearly singlehandedly hauled us over the line and deserved to be awarded BOG.

There was one thing I was really disappointed with though and that was how quickly supporters seemed to drop off when things weren't going well for us before half time. On here and twitter supporters were writing us off saying that we were going to get smacked. That was old Richmond, this new Richmond doesn't know how to quit.

Well that's true RT, the way we were playing I thought we were stuffed at half time. The Bombers are a very very good football team... the best we've played this year I think... My apologies for my earlier writing of the team off (however, we still did lose ;) )

There was one thing I was really disappointed with though and that was how quickly supporters seemed to drop off when things weren't going well for us before half time. On here and twitter supporters were writing us off saying that we were going to get smacked. That was old Richmond, this new Richmond doesn't know how to quit.

Yes its a shame some of the reactions but we looked doomed, mainly with grimes going down, i thought so myself. Was just as heart breaking getting in front then nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They fought back and briefly got their nose in front when once they would've dropped their bundle and gotten thumped. For once i'm not angry about the loss, dissappointed perhaps but honestly they made them work for the win, they pushed back and showed some decent character.

Grimes going down is terrible, poor bastard :( Honestly though considering how it could've gone for once I'm rather happy with the performance in a loss. All in all excellent signs in my opinion. Honestly i want to be pissed about the loss but after how hard they fought to get back in it I just can't.

It seems like we just surprise ourselves that we're able to come back into a game where we would normally have been blown away, so we're unable to capitalise on our opportunities and take the win. Did it against Geelong, West Coast and now Essendon.

I know people don't want to hear it but with experience we'll turn these lost opportunities into wins. Count on it. :cool:

Well that's true RT, the way we were playing I thought we were stuffed at half time. The Bombers are a very very good football team... the best we've played this year I think... My apologies for my earlier writing of the team off (however, we still did lose ;) )

Yes its a shame some of the reactions but we looked doomed, mainly with grimes going down, i thought so myself. Was just as heart breaking getting in front then nothing.
I make no apologies for saying that, there were signs there in the first half that if we got things on our terms we could match it with them.

What's the umpire's name that used to play for essendon? was it the guy that kept giving all the high tackle frees? And that 50 against Ivan?

We all hate losing, but we are on the right path. We are still young when it comes to games played, but we play in a mature manner and with a new belief. We have a way to go, but we have selected the right path me thinks.

Same old same old

It feels like if we can win one of these close games the flood gates will open!!
We are so much better no doubt. I am shattered like us all but for the first time in 10 years I am feeling like we are on the verge.
We are coming make no mistake about it bout Jesus I am getting impatient waiting.
Jump on board boys and girls we are on the way!

The side is a serious footy side now. By virtue of a tough draw we just haven't been afforded some easy kills and been able to work into these big games. It's been one to the next to the next.
It's the clips across the ear you get when you step from the bottom half to the top.We were so dominant at times it was ridiculous and really showed up our forwards inability to function properly.
I had a calmness about me when the bombers put it to us early because you simply cannot play their style for full quarters and certainly not for 4. So much running up and back.
They do it very well and were very impressive.As were we apart from the bloody finishing. Should have win without any problem,but again full credit to Essendon for sticking to their game and finishing it off.
Great game and now... Bloody Hawthorn,does it ever end?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back