Toast Duryea the new Goo... Erm... I mean... Mitchell?

Remove this Banner Ad

This guy is seriously coming along well. He is tough, good overhead and a lovely kick. I was skeptical of him in 2013 but he has really grown into an important player. I can see him playing 200 games for Hawthorn.

Yup, busting packs, taking intercept marks. Flying high, ground work solid. Made his way forward a few times to feed into forward 50.

He's pure gold. I can't think of a small defender I would swap him for.

Was great to see him drop into packs this week, rather than drop off for the spill

Coaching directive or not, it really freed up Gibson, and will help hodge when he returns

Was great to see him drop into packs this week, rather than drop off for the spill

Coaching directive or not, it really freed up Gibson, and will help hodge when he returns

Yes, because of his ability to take a mark, Duryea plays pretty tall.

And I love how he'll do something spectacular without a hair out of place!

Goo played 250 odd games. With us he was the best small defender in the comp. Doc may get there but a bit silly to compare the two.

This.

Brent Guerra was an absolutely brilliant footballer. Hard as a cats head, tough, never shirked it when it was his time to go, all polished off with some of the best disposal this game has ever seen.

I like the Doc and can only hope he ends us half as good as Guerra.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely most improved this season yeah?
Yep, he's been fantastic this year. Started out as borderline 22 / sub but is too important to our backline now to leave out. Love his work rate, tough and a good kick (sounds like Goo to me).

Kicks well, hard at it, locks down players, booming kick, high work rate and can cut a mean haircut.

He has it all this kid.

This.

Brent Guerra was an absolutely brilliant footballer. Hard as a cats head, tough, never shirked it when it was his time to go, all polished off with some of the best disposal this game has ever seen.

I like the Doc and can only hope he ends us half as good as Guerra.

Agree. Let's not go too early. Goo was huge for us, Doc is developing nicely. Still a fair bit to go, but has that Goo fact (that sounds a bit odd) about him. Good kick usually, Hard as a cats head, loves hurting the opposition, provides attacking threat. Enjoying his continued development

One of our best. Still struggles a bit with his kicking but he's taken a step forward this season so far. One of the few who could say that.

Looks like Jane, plays like Tarzan. Saw him clean up Jobe Watson today, was a nice bit of fair aggression at the ball.

He never has a hair out of place!

So I guess he does look like Jane ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back