Eagles 2015 team

Remove this Banner Ad

You're very pessimistic.

We will give the Doggies an absolute bath. They've lost Griffen and Cooney without adding much to their team (Emac will blanket Boyd). No doubt their youngsters are promising but they're not there yet and they still have very limited KPP. West Coast by 80 and Kennedy with a cool 10 goals.

GWS will also receive a 80+ point spanking at Subi. Still too many young kids without enough senior depth.

Carlton will give us a much more competitive game than either of those two teams.

Roughead is touch and go for Round 1 too so our forwards might have more of a day out.

You're very pessimistic.

We will give the Doggies an absolute bath. They've lost Griffen and Cooney without adding much to their team (Emac will blanket Boyd). No doubt their youngsters are promising but they're not there yet and they still have very limited KPP. West Coast by 80 and Kennedy with a cool 10 goals.

GWS will also receive a 80+ point spanking at Subi. Still too many young kids without enough senior depth.

Carlton will give us a much more competitive game than either of those two teams.
I'm normally optimistic.
I obviously rate the opposition differently to you.

Teams with player age structure like the Bulldogs usually start off strong then fade badly in the 2nd half of the season.
GWS I think are going to catch teams off guard this year, they'll have a curve sharper than GC.

Carlton are a ******* joke.

I'm normally optimistic.
I obviously rate the opposition differently to you.

Teams with player age structure like the Bulldogs usually start off strong then fade badly in the 2nd half of the season.
GWS I think are going to catch teams off guard this year, they'll have a curve sharper than GC.

Carlton are a ******* joke.

Who beat us last year.

One of my favourite games to watch. I might line up that one, then the one against Essendon at the end of the year for a real hoot.

Who beat us last year.

One of my favourite games to watch. I might line up that one, then the one against Essendon at the end of the year for a real hoot.
eeyore-1.gif

With every post season article on Jack Darling it is clear that Adam Simpson intends to use him as a big bodied midfielder, how much time he will spend there within games i don't know. A couple of years ago the media use to complain about WCE having a small midfield. Now we have Yeo and Darling in the best 22 both can be called tall big bodied midfielders. And we also have Tunbridge, Colledge, Adamson and Nelson in development as likely tall midfield options. It appears that the drafting of Duggan, lamb, Nelson, Cavka, Waterman and Adam Simpson's willingness to use players in different positions has filled any holes in the list. The only type of player the Eagles may still need is a midfielder with lightning line breaking speed however we haven't seen Newman or Maginness get a good go at AFL, one or both of those guys could be the final link in the team.

Talk's cheap. He hasn't got the tank to be anything more than a pinchi hitter mid, plus he's not the best hand baller. I'll believe the hype when I see him play a full quarter in the centre square... and until those rookies play some meaningful games we have no idea what we have with them. Waterman is an example of a guy who ticks a lot of boxes but hasn't yet put them all together. Swift and Masto never really did, so there's still a crap load of development to be done with them. Let's consistently beat some top 8 sides before we're talking about "final links" for our team.

I like the cut of your jib.

Too many times do we play our full best 22 in games we are tipped to easily win.

Priddis playing against GWS at home ffs. I mean seriously, if we rested him and gave another midfielder a full game would it really have that much of a negative effect on the team? That's just one example. There are countless more
No Brownlow?

Talk's cheap. He hasn't got the tank to be anything more than a pinchi hitter mid, plus he's not the best hand baller. I'll believe the hype when I see him play a full quarter in the centre square... and until those rookies play some meaningful games we have no idea what we have with them. Waterman is an example of a guy who ticks a lot of boxes but hasn't yet put them all together. Swift and Masto never really did, so there's still a crap load of development to be done with them. Let's consistently beat some top 8 sides before we're talking about "final links" for our team.
On Darling, his first touch is poor, his handballing not much better...I couldn't agree more with you, however I believe in blind faith and gut feel and I think 2015 is going to be a good year for us.

can I get a halleluja.gif

I know you can't judge a player before they play a game, the rookies and draftees may or may not become good AFL players but you need to have some faith and belief in your team and the players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brown Mackenzie Bennell
Hurn McGovern Sheppard
Rosa Priddis Gaff
Masten Kennedy Darling
Newman Lycett LeCras

NN Shuey Yeo

Selwood Ellis Waters

sub: Cripps (He seems to play half a good game, kick two goals and then drift off)

They say you are only as good as your bench.:D

Hi I'm new at this so I'm sure this is in the wrong place. Sorry.

I would love to see the Eagles offer Ablett 9 or 10 million over 6 years.

We would be premiership favourites in 2016, etc..

Per year the total player payment or salary cap is something around 10 million. We allready give Nic Natanui 1 million every year. You can't pay Ablett that type of money because the club will risk going over the TPP salary cap and it will be impossible to keep the current good players like Shuey, Gaff and Mckenzie.

Per year the total player payment or salary cap is something around 10 million. We allready give Nic Natanui 1 million every year. You can't pay Ablett that type of money because the club will risk going over the TPP salary cap and it will be impossible to keep the current good players like Shuey, Gaff and Mckenzie.
We pay nicnat 600,000 the rest of his million comes from the AFL for multicultural ambassador roles

We pay nicnat 600,000 the rest of his million comes from the AFL for multicultural ambassador roles
Thanks for the correction but still, do you think the Ablett 9 or 10 million over 6 years suggestion would ruin our TPP structure and restrictions?

I think we are better off waiting for his son.

I have high hopes for a third generation Garry Ablett.

Running power is probably good enough, his hands certainly aren't. At the moment he's the type who might be useful on the handball receive, where he gets the ball and runs before belting it forward. The center square isn't a place for crude players, Darling will be lucky to replicate a fraction of what Dangerfield has produced.

For the first time ever I am excited about ALL the players on our Rookie List.

This has to be a good sign.

For the first time ever I am excited about ALL the players on our Rookie List.

This has to be a good sign.

Newman is the only player who excites me - and that's only if he keeps his nose clean. Lucas is just depth. Adamson and Brophy are projects who are little to no chance of playing this year. Maginness and Powell are meh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back