Unofficial Preview Early Thoughts - Sydney Swans vs Hawthorn Grand Final Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I had my mini we cant do this I think we are stuffed Hawks by heaps meltdown about 6pm for about 30 minutes NOW I'm more confident in our ability and processes and think they need to beat us, not us beating them.

We WILL do this.

You honestly think that'll be your last torturous mind-change?

Aha.....ah-haha...

Ah-hahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHH!

Guy on SEN(didn't catch his name) who successfully picked
'12' GF, ROK norm smith, n within 2 points of syd win.
'13' GF, Lake norm smith, n within 2 points of dawks win.

PREDICTS:
'14' GF, Jetta norm smith, 25 points to swans.

No further comment from me, just an observation.
If Jetta plays well enough to earn a Norm he'll light up the MCG. Better have his hyper-flouro boots on. Got to be worth a cool $$$$ in sponsorship.

I'll bet if he does win it they'll announce him as Leroy. He won't even care.

Goodes, Buddy and Jetta to fly the indigenous flag (metaphorically speaking) with terrific performances. That's what I'd like to see. Watch the "I'm not a racist but ....." comments fly. Eddie to make some wisecrack in such poor taste that it finally gets him kicked off the air for good. I couldn't be more proud than having Goodes as AOTY. Those who can see the man for what he is will agree. A great ambassador and a bridge to bring all Australians together (even as Abbutt seeks to divide us).

I'll vote Goodes for PM (heck anyone with a brain for PM). Glad the AFL web site have him playing his 350th again. He loves a milestone.

London based, getting up at 3:45 to drag myself to the Clapham Grand and its big screen, will all be over by about 8:30, if we win I may not remember a lot. Or do I go out tonight and push on through?
God I'm so nervous

London based, getting up at 3:45 to drag myself to the Clapham Grand and its big screen, will all be over by about 8:30, if we win I may not remember a lot. Or do I go out tonight and push on through?
God I'm so nervous

You're up quite early! Although it is probably a good thing, i went to Shepards Bush for the game in 2012 and i rocked up 5-10 minutes before doors were to open and the que was massive. Pushing through is probably a good thing if we lose, you could go straight home and crash out. :p I tried going to bed early in 2012, barely slept but the win was enough to keep me going. :p

Thanks, I have cunningly procured tickets so queuing shouldn't be a big issue. A lot depends on my first couple of drinks tonight. Was lucky enough to be at the G in '12, I only know where I went after by credit card receipts and incoherent facebook updates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im ******. NOt drunk. Well, I was that. But then I got the completely sobering news that my concession card is out of date.
devastating
What the **** can i do?
well.
****. i am completely shattered. half an hour ago i was just.. HANGING for it to start.. now i dont think i can get in. my tickets just going to waste then?
there must be some kind of mechanism to prove my eligibility?? have never asked before. ..arhgcfuch.
am going to try and sleep. would appreciate any kind of thoughts that may help.
s**t. what a bummer. dont want to bring anyone down because yeah.. its all of ours grand final. i can always watch it on tv but err. yeah. :(
Try to get in with it as is and if they refuse u can just go to a ticket window there and upgrade it to an adult ticket for the difference in cost apparently. I hope you didn't spend all your money getting wasted.

It's still Friday evening here. Had some wine with my crispy duck pancakes and will take an early night to be fresh tomorrow. I'll climb into my anti-information bubble and wait for the game to be available for download. I'll load it up through a big screen, projector and thumping sound system for atmosphere, fast forward the national anthem, blow the siren and woohoo it's a live game (re-animated at least). 4 quarters of desperation, stress and emotion. Bit of a walk around at half time to ease the pressure, maybe take a pee, then it's back to the 2nd half. If anyone comes in and asks me who's winning when we're losing I will try not to snap at them.

If we lose I want you all to know that someone over still believes we can win. If we win think of poor me and what I'm going through.

Just don't be smug about it. I despise smugness.

My heart is racing, like I can't fully take a deep breath. Nerves have hit completely. I want this win.. So bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back