Eastern FL - Division 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking forward to Vermont v Balwyn on the weekend. Should be a cracker of a game!
Both new coaches in 2012 who seem to have been able to get the most out of their lists and both clubs jumping several places this season.
Good luck to both sides and looking forward to a belter of a local footy game!
Interesting that neither of the top 2 made the GF, but the top 5 were pretty level this year. Vermont seems to have the form at the right time of year and clearly are the team to beat...

Remarkable turn around by Vermont this season after they looked to be heading in the opposite direction for the last couple of seasons.
The club just seems to put it's best foot forward and leave no stone un turned every season in giving it's players and coaches the best opportunity to play good football.
Donati must have done a great job with Balwyn also because looking at their ins and outs at the start of the seaon they looked like they'd lost more than they'd gained.
Both are clubs that expect and demand success and both have had good seasons in what now seems to be a very even first division competition. Balwyn have flown home recently in their games so will obvioulsy run the game out well and Vermont have certainly played their best footy when it matters. As I said above, should be a cracker and looking forward to it.

I'm tipping the Violet Crumbles by 20 points but it wouldn't surprise if it's right down to the wire.
Tips for the BOG medal? If Vermont win Nathan Henley, if Balwyn win Rennie Gilchrist.

I hear a rumour that 2 x EFL D1 medallist Kris Bardon is heading back to the Eagles Nest for 2013 after a couple of seasons away!
I wonder if he will bring young Cotchett back with him or if he will move on from West Preston too?

Anyone heard of a bloke callled Scott Haughton apparently plays at Balwyn? Played at Collingwood for a few years? (Never heard of him) from what he told us...
Is he still at Balwyn and is he any good? He wants a meeting with our club?

Anyone heard of a bloke callled Scott Haughton apparently plays at Balwyn? Played at Collingwood for a few years? (Never heard of him) from what he told us...
Is he still at Balwyn and is he any good? He wants a meeting with our club?
Good player, not a star but excellent tap ruck man. I think he was injured for the finals at Balwyn last year, but would have got a game if he wasn't.
Is a big big unit, very dominating.

Good player, not a star but excellent tap ruck man. I think he was injured for the finals at Balwyn last year, but would have got a game if he wasn't.
Is a big big unit, very dominating.
Thanks mate, would he be worth the 1k a game he is asking?

Everyone wants more than they are worth.
Not sure how strong your league is and how much they pay, but I would rank him in the 4th to 6th top player, so price accordingly.

teddy houghton left monty and hated it by all reports theres no way he is speaking to your club montmorecy kaos. love blokes like you who post absolute rubbish, mont will surely choke again this year! no ticker!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Practice Match sought Saturday, April 7

Due to cancellation, Albion Football Club, WRFL Division 1 are seeking an opponent for a Practice Match for Seniors, Reserves and Under 18’s. Our ground, Parsons Reserve, Sunshine is available.

Please contact Senior Coach, Mark Greenshields on 0417 589 683.

Thanks,

Division 1 club in Essendon League looking for a CHB - playing assistant coach.

Great remuneration for the right person.

Club has recruited extremely well and is looking at playing finals in 2014.

PM me for details

P.Mcgettigan to Noble Park from St Bedes Mentone. Good pick up for the bulls

New competition will be announced soon - Can we get our thinking caps on for who would be the top 10 players from the last 15 years...?!? (1999 >)
Need to have a minimum of 5 years under their belt (or there about's, lets not get too fickle) at A grade level within the league... Can't say too much but there may be an invite to a event on the 29th of March. Details will follow soon

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back