Division 2 thread 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

All clubs get injuries the Rams had a heap last year and start this season with 19. They were disappointing last week and I have no idea how they will go this week under lights. I am not hitting the panic button just yet. Team selection will be interesting tonight.
The way we are going with injuries, Choco will get to play 600.
Yeah injuries always a factor. The strongest sides are the ones with depth - they have 10 decent players in the reserves who can come in and do a job for them. Which is difficult, it's hard to hold on to decent players and play them in the reserves.
All last year we had injuries and when we played Ringwood mid season we had 23 players out, but managed to stay in contention to play finals, with around the same number of players out out until about the last 4 games. 2's did really well to win the GF. We need to get some of our key players back.

Great game of footy at Ram Stadium. Waverley Blues won by 7. WB had better leg speed on the outside. EB, much better effort than last week. 0-3 is not a great start but that’s footy.

Great game of footy at Ram Stadium. Waverley Blues won by 7. WB had better leg speed on the outside. EB, much better effort than last week. 0-3 is not a great start but that’s footy.

Will almost always take a while with a new coach. Really you don’t start learning properly until Round 1 and match pressure comes on. The coach needs to make adjustments etc once he’s seen them in action.

Little doubt there’ll be a lot of improvement to come.

You look at the teams who win flags and they nearly always have coaches who’ve been in the role for a number of years. Knows his players backwards and the players know the roles he’s given them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree Bunk, The Rams get a few more players back this week and team selection this week will be interesting once again as there's plenty in the Magoos who are putting their hand up.

A huge wrap for all the WB people at the club yesterday, many stayed back last night. Also, the President was very appreciative that the Rams contacted them during the week to get a few WB Volunteers into the ground at no charge.

Last edited:
At the opposite end of the ladder, not as mundane. Probably about 4 or 5 teams throwing their hat in the ring for relegation, could well be that at least 5 wins needed for a club to avoid going down.

On a different note, well done to Lilydale on winning their first game in almost two years.

Admitting Berwick and Beaconsfield was stupid, the impact is never immediate but it’s now home to roost.

It has totally stuffed Div 2 as a competition this season, Croydon should never have copped the relegation and Boronia shouldn’t be wasting their time and everybody else’s in D2.

And on top of that it has been disastrous for Berwick who have one of the biggest junior clubs around and are now somehow actually struggling for numbers.

Lessons for all I guess.

Thankfully the noise is that Narre will go Southern so this rubbish won’t happen again. Won’t be surprised if Berwick look to follow them in coming years, and if they do, would then expect Beaconsfield to do the same.

Admitting Berwick and Beaconsfield was stupid, the impact is never immediate but it’s now home to roost.

It has totally stuffed Div 2 as a competition this season, Croydon should never have copped the relegation and Boronia shouldn’t be wasting their time and everybody else’s in D2.

And on top of that it has been disastrous for Berwick who have one of the biggest junior clubs around and are now somehow actually struggling for numbers.

Lessons for all I guess.

Thankfully the noise is that Narre will go Southern so this rubbish won’t happen again. Won’t be surprised if Berwick look to follow them in coming years, and if they do, would then expect Beaconsfield to do the same.

Don’t be so sure on beacy bunk - they have moved their juniors across and seem to have embraced eastern. They’ve also bought their women’s over which may be an alternative for netball.

Berwick I understand is a lot to do with WAGs playing netball elsewhere and this is drawing players away. They believe (accurately) they are a metro not country club but seems like the work needs to be done internally to manage the netball element. They tried the VFA too so not adverse to taking on big challenges

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Don’t be so sure on beacy bunk - they have moved their juniors across and seem to have embraced eastern. They’ve also bought their women’s over which may be an alternative for netball.

Berwick I understand is a lot to do with WAGs playing netball elsewhere and this is drawing players away. They believe (accurately) they are a metro not country club but seems like the work needs to be done internally to manage the netball element. They tried the VFA too so not adverse to taking on big challenges

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Fair enough, though the VFA was 40 years ago and they lasted 5 years before reversing the move because the locals wanted to play locally. Probably some parallels with this move actually.

If they continue to battle for numbers then they may have to look to join closer neighbours.

Beacy certainly seem to be doing better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back