Premier 2024 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

A couple of big games this Round. Balwyn (4) v East Ringwood (1). Vermont (3) v East Donc (2). Noble Park (6) v Blackburn (7), this is a big game for both teams, whoever loses is going to start to lose contact with the 5. For Blackburn, if they lose, it looks like their season will be cooked.

Last edited:
In yesterdays game (Vermont v Rowville), I think there were a few cards shown and I thought some reports. Not sure as nothing in the Tribunal listing as yet.

A couple of big games this Round. Balwyn (4) v East Ringwood (1). Vermont (3) v East Donc (2). Noble Park (6) v Blackburn (7), this is a big game for both teams, whoever loses is going to start to lose contact with the 5. For Blackburn, if they lose, it looks like their season will be cooked.

Good post cliff - is it a 5 or a 6? I can never remember…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good post cliff - is it a 5 or a 6? I can never remember…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You're right it will be 6 for a 12 team comp. 5 next year. They might still be slight chance even if they lose. It might go down to the last 2 rounds of the season.

I would say the current bottom 5 are all still unsafe. There are still 7 games left but yeah Doncaster are really in deep s**t, that percentage is just disastrous, it’s like another game they have to win to overcome it. They’ve scored under 500 points in 11 games. Pretty much impossible to see them climbing out of it.

I think Vermont are going to be a power again soon, next year or 2
I remember earlier this year in this forum some people them as a possible relegation chance. We are not talking just a football club here, we are talking about a well-run business. Sure they have a salary cap but there are things that you can do legally within the club when you have dollars to spare. I will add at the start of the year I had Vermont friends who wanted to throw the coach and committee out, they are singing a different tune these days. I foresee many clubs folding as money is becoming a major issue and that's one issue Vermont will never have to face thanks to the forward-thinking of those of the past.

Going by what's happening at Doncaster, United petrol station company has either pulled the pin or their cash flow has dried up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I chucked em in for predicted relegation somewhere on here (and I’m certainly not an expert!!!). It was a bit of a joke as I said at the time, more wanting to see it happen rather than genuinely thinking it would.

Not that I have anything against Vermont personally, I don’t know anybody from there, just the old wanting to see everybody have their turn.

As I said I thought if it’s ever gonna happen then we won’t see it more likely - two relegations, they finished 6 points above the bottom two last year and didn’t do any major recruiting.

So clearly, it is obviously never going to happen!

They’re been far better than my uneducated arse gave them hope for this year and deserve the credit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back