Premier 2024 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

In that case they should do quite well.

Can you see the Big Pineapple from the ground? That might have got them over the edge when signing.
:D No - but it is pretty close and if they enjoy mini train rides thru lush forestry then that was the clincher I would suggest. The footy club has promoted them like Chris Judd coming to Carlton so hopefully they go ok... :)

:D No - but it is pretty close and if they enjoy mini train rides thru lush forestry then that was the clincher I would suggest. The footy club has promoted them like Chris Judd coming to Carlton so hopefully they go ok... :)

Are you familiar with Melbourne footy? If so, where would you say the standard of this league and the QAFL is compared?

What a superb place to live, must be attractive for footballers.

If it was yourself they had recruited old mate then I could understand the Judd like promotions. You grew up in a street packed full of Judds. 😜

Fine line between publicity for the good of the club & over blowing the impact of potential recruits.

If it was yourself they had recruited old mate then I could understand the Judd like promotions. You grew up in a street packed full of Judds. 😜

Fine line between publicity for the good of the club & over blowing the impact of potential recruits.
Haha - you idiot! :)
Yeah you need to be careful about it all - I agree. Is a popular occupation these days advertising new recruits which is good PR but it can provide false hope as well, especially when there is very little known about the competition players are entering into.
The last guy who came up this way was from East Doncaster FC - to Maroochydore - was a very good player for them in the twilight of career mind you and playing a far better standard as well (QAFL) but didnt rip the comp apart.

Hope you are going well mate.

Last edited:
Are you familiar with Melbourne footy? If so, where would you say the standard of this league and the QAFL is compared?

What a superb place to live, must be attractive for footballers.
Not as well as I once was BM - but from what I've seen of guys who have made their way to the QAFL then if a guy who is in the top 40 players of EFL premier league (say best 1-5 players of each club) then I would anticipate they would do very well. Mind you very very different footy - up here it is very much on top of the surface footy, faster, possibly higher skilled bc of the conditions (not unlike WAFL footy but not as good). EFL footy smaller grounds, muddier, far more physical. A good player is a good player though and adapts I reckon.

Had a few I know head that way too. Ryan White played for Doncaster and was very good. Few have gone to VFL clubs and done okay as well.

Not as well as I once was BM - but from what I've seen of guys who have made their way to the QAFL then if a guy who is in the top 40 players of EFL premier league (say best 1-5 players of each club) then I would anticipate they would do very well. Mind you very very different footy - up here it is very much on top of the surface footy, faster, possibly higher skilled bc of the conditions (not unlike WAFL footy but not as good). EFL footy smaller grounds, muddier, far more physical. A good player is a good player though and adapts I reckon.

Had a few I know head that way too. Ryan White played for Doncaster and was very good. Few have gone to VFL clubs and done okay as well.
Not quite the same as when you played FS, ground surfaces have improved greatly and it is a quick running game nowadays. Very rare for any mud even during really wet periods. If you go out to the huddle at 3/4 time on a wet day, no one is muddy (apart from a couple of grounds with turf pitches) and all you see is plenty of grass clippings on boots and socks. From what you have described and what I have seen on-line I would say they are very similar. A good player here will be a good player up there if they can handle the heat.

Not quite the same as when you played FS, ground surfaces have improved greatly and it is a quick running game nowadays. Very rare for any mud even during really wet periods. If you go out to the huddle at 3/4 time on a wet day, no one is muddy (apart from a couple of grounds with turf pitches) and all you see is plenty of grass clippings on boots and socks. From what you have described and what I have seen on-line I would say they are very similar. A good player here will be a good player up there if they can handle the heat.
Yep fair enough cliff. Possibly more wet days and certainly smaller grounds in EFL I would suggest to compress games but damn good footy all the same.

Someone like Damochandler might be better situated to say?

Watched the Balwyn v Blackburn game via the EFNL's Youtube page. Balwyn were far too polished, stronger overhead, surer ball handling and seemed to spread much better than Blackburn. Blackburn had the fumbles, always seemed to be under the hammer and weren't able get back into their forward line quickly enough. Their mid field was well beaten throughout the game, with too many passengers.

I tried to use the closed captions when I first started, but you would have thought the coverage was being done from Swahili to English by a Chinese interpreter. Strangely incomprehensible!

Last edited:
Watched the Balwyn v Blackburn game via the EFNL's Youtube page. Balwyn were far too polished, stronger overhead, surer ball handling and seemed to spread much better than Blackburn. Blackburn had the fumbles, always seemed to under the hammer and weren't able get back into their forward line quickly enough. Their mid field was well beaten throughout the game, with too many passengers.

I tried to use the closed captions when I first started, but you would have thought the coverage was being done from Swahili to English by a Chinese interpreter. Strangely incomprehensible!
I was at the game. The weather was ordinary which would have kept away much of the crowd, but still a reasonable number around.

Few takeaways:
  • Josh Walker kicked 6 and looks like he'll take the p155 at this level
  • Blackburn missed a heap of chances in the third, might have been closer otherwise. Balwyn had the game iced more or less at that point and were deserved winners
  • The canteen needs work, the dimmie I had was still frozen

Good to have footy back.

I was at the game. The weather was ordinary which would have kept away much of the crowd, but still a reasonable number around.

Few takeaways:
  • Josh Walker kicked 6 and looks like he'll take the p155 at this level
  • Blackburn missed a heap of chances in the third, might have been closer otherwise. Balwyn had the game iced more or less at that point and were deserved winners
  • The canteen needs work, the dimmie I had was still frozen

Good to have footy back.
Pop in at Surrey Park mate. We'd never serve up a frozen Dimmie

Don't believe I have ever seen such inaccurate goal kicking before by any team. Goal kicking practice for the Doncaster team this week. It looks like your coaching expertise is needed Bob.
View attachment 1692188
Lets be not to hard on Bob,at least he tried to live score for Doncaster today which a lot of senior clubs failed again today to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BIG game next week, East Ringwood 1 v Blackburn 2. Only percentage between them. Should be a ripper of a game.

Last edited:
With Noble winning against Balwyn it makes things very even. Vermont v Blackburn, Donc East v Norwood and the Rowville v Park Orchards games could mean that 6 teams might be on the same number of wins (6) with Balwyn on top with 7 wins. A very interesting season unfolding.

With Noble winning against Balwyn it makes things very even. Vermont v Blackburn, Donc East v Norwood and the Rowville v Park Orchards games could mean that 6 teams might be on the same number of wins (6) with Balwyn on top with 7 wins. A very interesting season unfolding.
Noble looked pretty good today. Depth will be tested for the top 7 battling out for a finals spot.

Attended the Balwyn V NP game yesterday and captured the last half on my camcorder. Video is now on YouTube. Enjoy.

My video of the last quarter RESERVES game between Balwyn and Noble Park played on Saturday at Balwyn Park.

Balwyn with 7 wins and East Ringwood, Rowville, Donc East, Vermont, Blackburn and Noble Park all on 6 wins. Great season!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back