Premier 2024 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't be too many players left at Norwood. Tristan Tweedie from Norwood to East Ringwood. What's going on at Norwood?

Change of coach, players leaving, pretty quickly becomes an avalanche. It’s an issue at any club when that momentum kicks in and everybody starts leaving.

Having said that, some of the blokes leaving clearly weren’t glued to the club. Always an issue when recruiting, if you’re just gonna grab big names etc, it’s good when you get them, but they’re often gonna leave just as quickly.

Might be a dumb question but how does relegation/promotion work in EFNL?

Saw a post about the draw coming out and Mitcham playing South Belgrave in Div 1 - was there no promotion/relegation this year for some reason/how does it work usually and what is different this year if anything? I did google it but found nothing really

Might be a dumb question but how does relegation/promotion work in EFNL?

Saw a post about the draw coming out and Mitcham playing South Belgrave in Div 1 - was there no promotion/relegation this year for some reason/how does it work usually and what is different this year if anything? I did google it but found nothing really
There was no promotions this year (except for div 4 premiers) to even up the division numbers. Premier, Div1 and Div2 all had double relegations.

It will revert back to one up one down from season 2024.

I've heard through a friend that Balwyn has solved the problem of not having any junior teams by effectively "buying" (his description) junior clubs, Balwyn Greythorn Jets and Boroondara Hawks. They will provide a Junior Manager for the two clubs and they will be renamed as the Balwyn Tigers. Despite the rename the teams will, however, remain in the Yarra Junior Football League. The changes are still to be approved by the Yarra Junior Football League.

He's back at Rowville fulltime. The Shruk brothers are both with VFL clubs, Mitch with Box Hill and Tyson with Carlton. Wouldn't surprise me if Tyson gets picked up next year.
I know Wynd had state league interest elsewhere. Then again why would you want to pursue that when you can stay at Rowville and try and win another flag with your mates.
Yes Tyson one of the better undrafted players from last years Coates TL.

I remember hearing last year that Rowville had about 15 players on VFL lists. Other clubs similar. Not sure if that's accurate but if so, surely it must make it bloody hard for the coach with his team and training each week. I guess they won the flag so it didn't hurt them much!

Still think its bullshit what they've done in removing VFL reserves - using local footy for reserves in order to save money and effort for the VFL and it's clubs. Typical AFL, look after the top level and the rest just cop what filters down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember hearing last year that Rowville had about 15 players on VFL lists. Other clubs similar. Not sure if that's accurate but if so, surely it must make it bloody hard for the coach with his team and training each week. I guess they won the flag so it didn't hurt them much!

Still think its bullshit what they've done in removing VFL reserves - using local footy for reserves in order to save money and effort for the VFL and it's clubs. Typical AFL, look after the top level and the rest just cop what filters down.
I listened to an interview with Ben Wise and he was questioned about the VFL players and their impact. He said something like he would play the best team on the day and stated that he explained that to the whole list. Being upfront clearly helped.

I listened to an interview with Ben Wise and he was questioned about the VFL players and their impact. He said something like he would play the best team on the day and stated that he explained that to the whole list. Being upfront clearly helped.

Yeah fair enough. I just wonder how much the impact must be where players may not train with you at all and just rock up on Saturday, because they’re at the VFL all week. I guess their talent makes up for it but just be a huge challenge not being able to plan with them at training.

Yeah fair enough. I just wonder how much the impact must be where players may not train with you at all and just rock up on Saturday, because they’re at the VFL all week. I guess their talent makes up for it but just be a huge challenge not being able to plan with them at training.
I agree and in saying that judging by performance they have the balance right. Sure you may lose some fringe players but they are fringe payers for a reason.

I've heard whispers that Trent Farmer isn't playing on this year. Josh Fox as obvious replacement but big loss for the Roos.

Surely we’re at the point where Norwood have to fold their U19s - the reserves played 16 players today which included a number of U19s playing their second game for the day. They scored one point and have scored 4 points in total for the season.

That’s if the rules are still the same, with forfeiting etc you always used to have to forfeit the U19s, then the reserves, and only after that the seniors.

Surely we’re at the point where Norwood have to fold their U19s - the reserves played 16 players today which included a number of U19s playing their second game for the day. They scored one point and have scored 4 points in total for the season.

That’s if the rules are still the same, with forfeiting etc you always used to have to forfeit the U19s, then the reserves, and only after that the seniors.
Why would the U19,s have to forfeit because the reserves can not field a team?

Why would the U19,s have to forfeit because the reserves can not field a team?

It may have changed but back in the day you had to field a senior team, followed by a reserves team, followed by Under 19s. Ie you couldn’t forfeit one grade but play the grade below.

Integrity I guess, your best available 22 players are by definition your senior team, and so on.

Might have changed but I think Doncaster had to do this last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back