Division 2 thread 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

For a coach to be sacked after 9 or 10 months in the job, there’s something bad going on behind the scenes. Catastrophic results aside - and there wasn’t those, even if they think they underachieved a bit - you don’t get sacked that quickly. I doubt gameplans or injuries had anything to do with it.
He's not the first coach at EB to be sacked in his first year. Until Wynd came back EB turned coaches over yearly. Same same but different and once again, tail/dog.

That's interesting and I didn't see that firsthand. I would suggest many like myself questioned his appointment per his CV, even had that on here. In saying that I was told he interviewed really well and whether the other applicants weren't up to scratch or there weren't actually other applicants I have no idea. His gameplan was more defensive and Wynds was more offensive. David was unlucky with so many injuries he struggled to put a team actually on the park. Personally, those who appointed him and recruited some of the players have to fall on their swords. Football is a tough game on and off the field and you live and die by your decisions. With u19's in for 2024 the club has a way forward and I hope/believe they will get it right.
what does this even mean? How many people are jumping out of their skin to be a volunteer at these clus? Fall on their swords...............what a totally laughable comment.
Who takes their place behind the canteen, dealing with council, raising funds and keeping the club going?

Last edited:

Well done Rams, great last quarter to defeat Templestowe. A well deserved reward for a very tough year. Congrats to Chocco and what a year for Chocco, one to remember for sure. Plenty of talent on the way for next year. Can't understand the jumper clash today though!
Also congrats to Surrey U19. A really big year for the Panthers, only a couple of points away from a clean sweep.
Boronia, far too good for Heathmont.

Just home from the EB, it’s going off but I am not 20 anymore so let the youngsters enjoy. It was a great come-from-behind win and to keep Templestowe goalless in the last qtr was amazing.

Yes, what a year for Choco, 500 Club games, and now a Premiership as Coach. Interestingly both achievements were played against Templestowe.

Last edited:
Just home from the EB, it’s going off but I am not 20 anymore so let the youngsters enjoy. It was a great come-from-behind win and to keep Templestowe goalless in the last qtr was amazing.

Yes, what a year for Choco, 500 Club games, and now a Premiership as Coach. Interestingly both achievements were played against Templestowe.
That last 1/4 was more exciting than a premier Div Grand Final. Very gutsy by EB Ressies, they have never given up all year. Did feel for Templestowe as they go totally blindsided by EB after very nearly having it sowed up at 3/4 time.

That last 1/4 was more exciting than a premier Div Grand Final. Very gutsy by EB Ressies, they have never given up all year. Did feel for Templestowe as they go totally blindsided by EB after very nearly having it sowed up at 3/4 time.
Completely turned the tables on the Qualifying final where Templestowe did exactly the same to us. There was a feeling that we let that game slip through our fingers and we were were determined it wasn't going to happen again. Glad we got it right this time.

Completely turned the tables on the Qualifying final where Templestowe did exactly the same to us. There was a feeling that we let that game slip through our fingers and we were were determined it wasn't going to happen again. Glad we got it right this time.
The game was mentioned on the 3AW Rumour File this morning. Pretty sure that's how Choco's 500th became big news. Will there be a follow-up story?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rams pick up Callum Spencer from Greensborough. Don’t know much about him but he brings experience and more height and 3 Points.

Last edited:
Rams

INS

Jack Forge - Yarrawonga
Judd Hooper - Yarrawonga
Callum Spencer - Greensborough
Anthony Jenkins - Vermont
Ned Mullins - Balwyn
Andrew Bottomer - Balwyn
Joe Gorman - Balwyn
Matthew Tymensen - Knox

OUTS

Barlow - Knox

5/12/2024 Great numbers at training once again.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back