Eastern Football League - Division 4 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Very hard to compare Sainter93 though i know a few blokes playing at Dandenong Redlegs who are playing 1s that wld struggle to get a game in quite a few div 4 reserves teams, not sure that means much about the overall standard though. Warrandyte Kilsyth F/Hill and a few other teams in div 4 wld handle div 2 in the SFL pretty well in my opinion.

Lower Div 4 would mop the floor with lower Div 3 and probably beat the top sides in Div 3, although that's where it's hard to tell how good div 3 SFL teams are because some of their opponents (like the redlegs) are very poor.

Surrey Park and Donvale who are bottom of Div 4 EFL by a fair way would be more than competitive in Div 3 SFL. I guess I'm just basing it of players I know who play in each league.

Those top sides in Div 4 EFL would be finalists at least in Div 2 SFL, they'd be as good or better than Keysie.

Hi guys wasn't sure where to post this, just wanted to compare the lower sides of SFL div 3 to the lower sides of EFL div 4? Seniors and Reserves.

And also how good these clubs culture/development is

Thanks

Here are some facts that might help.

Standard – The SFL is the lowest ranked of the 6 metro leagues. This is supported by results of the last 2 metro carnivals where they have been flogged by the 5th ranked comp.

Culture – The SFL Div 3 GF was called off at half time last year due to a brawl at half time between drunken supporters and players. Says a bit I reckon if the showpiece event of the season cannot be completed. If in doubt about the culture check out some of the conversations on the SFL board and make your own judgements.

Development – 32 clubs but only 12 teams in the Colts competition. Having said that the league has worked hard on this but in the 9th or 10th season after Colts were re-introduced it seems that not enough SFL clubs are committed to supporting the concept.

You cannot compare the EFL and SFL in any way shape or form. The EFL is a far superior competition

(PS - this assessment is from a VAFA person so I have no agenda here).

Seriously how does that happen during a year

Is it not weekly or fortnightly payments[/QUOTE]

Clubs committing to money they don't have. Sadly happens all too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How are teams shaping up for 2016? Who are the teams to watch next year?
Donvale have picked up a few from Doncaster (mainly 2nds) and a few ex juniors have returned. Heard they've got good numbers and should improve a bit, but after finishing last they need to.

To the Nunawading Football Club Life Members, Past Players, Past Committee Members & Members

The club held an EGM last week & effective immediately (4/2/2016), the club is announcing all positions vacant.

The club is searching to assemble a new committee for the 2016 season & beyond.

If we can not achieve this before Friday the 19th of February 2016, the Nunawading Football Club will go into recess for the 2016 Season.

Anyone who is interested or knows of someone with a vision to drive this football club into 2016 & beyond please contact the club ASAP.

Currently David Thornton the senior coach of the club is the only filled position.
David is doing a tremendous job in trying to recruit & revive this club.
Players are currently training on Monday & Wednesday evenings.

David can be contacted directly on 0423 736 754 or david.thornton2610@gmail.com

Please forward all enquires directly to the club email titans@nunawadingfc.com so that there is a documented record of your interest.

If required, the outgoing committee members can be contacted also for any questions or information needed.

Sincerely

Nunawading Football Club

From there Facebook

To the Nunawading Football Club Life Members, Past Players, Past Committee Members & Members

The club held an EGM last week & effective immediately (4/2/2016), the club is announcing all positions vacant.

The club is searching to assemble a new committee for the 2016 season & beyond.

If we can not achieve this before Friday the 19th of February 2016, the Nunawading Football Club will go into recess for the 2016 Season.

Anyone who is interested or knows of someone with a vision to drive this football club into 2016 & beyond please contact the club ASAP.

Currently David Thornton the senior coach of the club is the only filled position.
David is doing a tremendous job in trying to recruit & revive this club.
Players are currently training on Monday & Wednesday evenings.

David can be contacted directly on 0423 736 754 or david.thornton2610@gmail.com

Please forward all enquires directly to the club email titans@nunawadingfc.com so that there is a documented record of your interest.

If required, the outgoing committee members can be contacted also for any questions or information needed.

Sincerely

Nunawading Football Club

From there Facebook

I presume there is a committee and David is not trying to do the lot on his own.I am prepared to help with ground maintance and marking on a Fridays if time is available remembering I am doing a similar roll at MFC.GMac

2 massive ins for Donvale. Jack Purcell Mitcham premiership player and Div 3 team of the year & Nick Murphy from Nth Ringwood. Kicked 26 in his 11 games in Div 1 last year. Both returning to the club.

FTG pinch Matthew Petracca from UFTG. Praccy match in a couple of weeks will be interesting to watch.

I presume there is a committee and David is not trying to do the lot on his own.I am prepared to help with ground maintance and marking on a Fridays if time is available remembering I am doing a similar roll at MFC.GMac
Gidday Graham.Thanks for your offer.We might need your help moving forward. There is a committee elect. Just waiting for endorsement at our upcoming EGM. Will get back to you soon mate

A lot of clearances from Nunawading, looks like it may be too little too late.. Hopefully these players can be talked back around under a new committee

Sounds like the lions could be back...if they get enough players on board. Disgrace that the blokes that caused this mess are free and able to simply put in a clearance and leave

Last edited:
I'm hearing big things are happening at glenny Hawks, apparently two's assistant tobias has heavily recruited and has got a very tall and handy ruckman../ and also two's forward brad Matthews reckons he's in top nick and will kick 60 this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back