EBs trade in prices.......LMFAO

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 23, 2007
Bay 131 @ (Port) Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
A good reason why i choose to trade my games in at GAME or JB Hifi. Last week wanted to trade in Crysis 2 towards AFL. Trade in price $38 at EB :eek:, went over to game (about 15 metres away) $67.

Now EB have a couple of games i want in their buy 1 get 1 free offer (only time i don't mind paying $100, never shop there unless its for a price match) so i asked out of curiosity how much i'd get for AFL, a game that hasn't even been out a week, sells for $109 (on special for $98 at the moment) and is in high demand (GAME sold out and a few of the big retailers have sold out too) EBs response..... $45 :eek: seriously EB, but oh look i can trade in another game and get 10% extra value, i'm sure another $4.50 and the $10 i'll get for an even older game will make a difference :rolleyes:

Are they trolling IRL?

Gametraders are worse... wait is Gametraders still around? In 2007 I traded an Xbox 360 in and got $85... store credit.

Oh yes gametraders forgot about them, yeah they're still around, i got quoted $10 for a gamecube back when they were still relevant

I don't mind Gametraders, most of their retro s**t is overpriced but I like how they sell figurines, plushes, anime etc in addition to games.

One of the only stores that I see regularly see selling import games that they sticker AU ratings over themselves though. That shits me quite a bit.

EB have recently done it with some PS2 games but these are harder to find titles (non-plat Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasies). That and the've only done it to a few PS2 games as compared to a fair amount of current gen games.

Is gametraders the one at Northland? I went to trade in Dead Space 2 and LBP 2 there a little while ago and was offered 15 or 20 dollars for each, can't remember exactly, but I couldn't believe it.

Game does seem to be the best. sometimes eb beats them but most of the time game do way better. months ago eb offered me i think 46 for mafia 2 game offered me 64 or something.

OP- Crysis 2 was trading in for $90 in the first week of release, $80 in the second week and $70 in the 3rd

You just missed the party, thats all

Maybe he just wanted to play it? :confused:

Silly to trade it in within a week anyway as you could just return it for a full refund.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glenno, how much would I get for Bops and MW2 at EB, and does anyone know how much for them at GAME?

Probably a free gift card with $0 credit on it.

Glenno, how much would I get for Bops and MW2 at EB, and does anyone know how much for them at GAME?

$57 for Black Ops from GAME

EB....well thats anyones guess, might have enough to get a maccas value meal, not enough to upsize though :D

Maybe he just wanted to play it? :confused:

Silly to trade it in within a week anyway as you could just return it for a full refund.

Yeah, but some stores had it for $87 on launch week at EB. Mine included

And you could trade it back if you bought it somewhere else and didn't like it

And if you had an Edge card, that first week trade back = $103.50

2nd week still equals $92 trade back with Edge card. And we know when to cut it off. If we kept these super high trade values up all the time, we wouldn't make any money... And whats the point of that? No business can sustain losing money for a long period, after a while, it just runs out

Trade backs are much better in baulk anyway. This month if you trade 8 games or more, you get 50% extra credit on top (for 360, PS3, Wii and DS games)

Any PSP and PS2 games traded until the end of April get double value too

There's value to be had, just need to know where to look

And thats all before the added 15% with an Edge card

At EB i got quoted $2 each for my ps2 games (Which i purchased for $60)
JB - Hifi was like $20-30

And when i bought COD4 EB had it for $109 JB-Hifi had it for $49 ever since then i go to JB-HiFi to buy my games. Never really been keen on trying out GAME.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back