Remove this Banner Ad

jmadrox

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
OK, I expected to come on this morning and see something about this
Knob jockey, so was it just me, out was he flat out barracking for the Tigers?

He just has no respect for us at all. Has no idea who half or players are. Constant digs at us.

I just found him infuriating.....

Yes, he was.

Bomber Thompson was just as big a jackass in the box yesterday, though. Whining about the free to Crozier which was clearly there on replay and saying he didn't like it because "frees inside 50 should be earned." Soft one to Cotchin on the other side that would have sealed the game? Crickets.

Soft frees inside 50. Haha

Supported the two to Maric which were soft.

He's one eyed bigot, only says anything good about the Victorian clubs. Should be not allowed to commentate as a club president. I watched it with a tiger supporter even he called him a f..king idiot. Bomber T not much better. All the commentary is poor now it's rubbish.

If the AFL and the broadcasters are worried about growing disinterest in footy, they should seriously look at who is commentating. It absolutely ruins the experience on TV, and replays when you watch after the game.

I got rid of Foxtel earlier this year because it.

The constant bias was turning my stomach actually felt Bomber Thompson was the worst of them right off the bloke suspect he is a bullshite artist cant believe it but prefer Jimmy Hird as coach of Essendon.

If the AFL and the broadcasters are worried about growing disinterest in footy, they should seriously look at who is commentating. It absolutely ruins the experience on TV, and replays when you watch after the game.

I got rid of Foxtel earlier this year because it.

Very good point. All of this talk of improving the game for viewers, but there are two reasons that I don't watch as much footy as I used to. s**t commentary and s**t inconsistent umpiring. They're ruining the spectacle more than any flooding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was also interesting that we never got a replay of any contentious ones against us but if we got one they'd replay it to death.
Yes that was what I noticed, I had the sound off as I normally do as I simply can't bear to listen to any of them anymore. It didn't take much to imagine all the whining going on when we got frees as the replays were repeated ad nauseum.
Its amazing how much more relaxing it is with the sound off. Even the constant ignorant reaction to perceived or awarded free kicks from partisan home crowds does my head in. I put music on and just watch. Its not like they call the play these days, just spout self aggrandising crap or mouth hyperbolic cliche.

He was cheering like a friken diehard Richmond supporter. I remember one particular goal where he yelled, "YES!" When it went through!
Absolute twit!
Oh, and on top of that, learn the players f***ing names. Not " oh he's blonde (Mayne) that's Mundy" , "dunno him (crozier) I'll call him Sheridan"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes that was what I noticed, I had the sound off as I normally do as I simply can't bear to listen to any of them anymore. It didn't take much to imagine all the whining going on when we got frees as the replays were repeated ad nauseum.
Its amazing how much more relaxing it is with the sound off. Even the constant ignorant reaction to perceived or awarded free kicks from partisan home crowds does my head in. I put music on and just watch. Its not like they call the play these days, just spout self aggrandising crap or mouth hyperbolic cliche.

I'll have to give it a try. Any particular music suit the mood for ya?

You would've spewed E, at one of the incidents, can't remember which one but Eddie said "we'll take a look at the replay of that free to the Dockers, don't you worry about that!"

To be fair, Bomber was complaining about frees both ways, but he did have a Richmond bias.

I really like Eddies enthusiasm & his call sometimes, like when Fyfe goaled, but he was basically supporting Richmond for the rest

I'll have to give it a try. Any particular music suit the mood for ya?
its an interesting question, I hadn't given a lot of thought to the aesthetics or psychology of it. Now that do think about it I suppose I tend toward low keyed stuff rather than highly energetic music to watch footy by. Yesterday my woman was playing some kind of bass heavy not jazz but reasonably sophisticated music (a real Jaco vibe about the bass player if that means anything to you). Virtuoso fretless bass playing by someone I'm not familiar with and I think Pat Metheny of guitar. That worked pretty well.
I'm so eclectic these days I'd just as likely to have chosen laconic stoner rock like Dandy Warhols as Joni Mitchell (I've been working my way through her late 60's and early 70's recordings).
I remember during the tense game against Adelaide a while back I actually had Brian Eno's ambient series on and watched it in the bath. Now that really worked. Especially when the opium tea kicked in ;)

I actually think Eddie's a better caller than most but that doesn't mean he's not fundamentally a dickhead.
I know what you mean in the sense he's actually a broadcast professional rather than an ex footballer and as such has probably spent more than 3 minutes thinking about the caper but for mine the over-excited faux mania style calling has had its day. I long for a Premier League understated style of commentary with someone like Martin Tyler just quietly calling the players names with a minimum of connecting statements and just one informed special comments person instead of this more is more cavalcade of histrionic shouters who almost never say anything that relates to what is occurring on the field. Even better would be a red button where you can just have the crowd sounds and no commentary.
I am puzzled that professional organisations who you could reasonably expect to give some consideration to the psychology of the listener completely ignore the idea of leaving something to the imagination. Its just lowest common denominator everywhere now.

His is feral, all magpie supporters are and it comes out when he barracks(instead of commentating) against us.

How many times did he ask to review the tape for freo free kicks? Bugger all...

Can't stand him, bomber and dunstal - even more when they are on same team....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back