Opinion Eddie is Pissed

Remove this Banner Ad

Pissed Eddie =

Pissed Off Eddie =
images

just a thought on the thread title..... eddie is pissed means that he is drunk..... eddie is pissed orf means that he is upset..

now i know how americans say it. I was there years ago trying to explain the concept to them and the differences in the wording. It's my understanding that this is an australian forum and it should use the australian vernacular
Yeah well my wife's family is Scottish and in their parlance to "tank" something is to thrash your opponent. So obviously she should support Carlton.

Im not saying eddie should sack him, but Bucks would have to be one of the poorest coaches in the AFL atm

Absolutely we are. When the coach says we lost because the effort was not there the alarm bells are ringing. I expect to see at least four changes after that insipid effort. The guy I feel most sorry for is Swanny. At this rate he may never play another final.

Agree especially when he in the twilight of his career along with Pendlebury still carry the team. Champions deserve more success than this.

After a few years yes.
interesting. we made the finals in his first two years, and we were forced to clear out some justified dead wood during that period. last year injuries killed us. this year we are clearly a better side and this can even be gauged by our % given that it's better then most teams even in the top 8. if you look at Wins and losses which based on your comment then yes he should be sacked. however if you look at the bigger picture we are far better shaped for an assault on the flag in the coming years. yes making the 8 this year would be nice but it's hardly the be all and end all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which was expected considering he was handed a very good list, team has gone backwards since his taken over.

You've got to laugh at this. What did people really expect after playing finals 7 years in a row?

People just expected that we would be able to maintain the same list year in, year out?

I blame buckley for me having to feel this bad for 6 weeks straight. It's about time he took a mature approach and confessed that he's responsible.

You've got to laugh at this. What did people really expect after playing finals 7 years in a row?

People just expected that we would be able to maintain the same list year in, year out?
agreed,
I find it amusing that people justify sacking coaches purely on ladder position and wins and losses. if we did this then MM never would have been around in 2010 to win us a flag because technically after 2002-03. we went backwards. yet the club had faith in the process

I blame buckley for me having to feel this bad for 6 weeks straight. It's about time he took a mature approach and confessed that he's responsible.
At the end of last year, I thought Bucks was on borrowed time. I now think he's going OK. We had a soft draw for the first half of the year, and played well against the strong sides recently. Unfortunately there have been lots of energy tickets used recently on honorable losses. The end result has been a team losing confidence and getting tired. If we knocked off the Hawks or Freo, the confidence of the players would probably be holding up much better. 2016 onwards is when we'll start seeing the rewards.

At the end of last year, I thought Bucks was on borrowed time. I now think he's going OK. We had a soft draw for the first half of the year, and played well against the strong sides recently. Unfortunately there have been lots of energy tickets used recently on honorable losses. The end result has been a team losing confidence and getting tired. If we knocked off the Hawks or Freo, the confidence of the players would probably be holding up much better. 2016 onwards is when we'll start seeing the rewards.

But that doesnt ease my pain. I need Bucks to pay the price. In some ways I feel bad asking for his sacking but I need to feel happy again and I cant see any other way to do it...

But that doesnt ease my pain. I need Bucks to pay the price. In some ways I feel bad asking for his sacking but I need to feel happy again and I cant see any other way to do it...
It just makes sense. New. Coaches always get results. Look at us after MM got sacked. Bucks got us to finals. All we need to do is sack the coach that fails to deliver finals and we'll forever be happy. It worked for Carlton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It just makes sense. New. Coaches always get results. Look at us after MM got sacked. Bucks got us to finals. All we need to do is sack the coach that fails to deliver finals and we'll forever be happy. It worked for Carlton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a thing in science - Occum's Razor - which states that when there are two possible solutions, the simplest answer to a problem is usually the right one. One theory is to keep the coach, the other one is to sack him. Keeping the coach means doing all the stuff we have been doing in the last year or three to prove that Buckley is the right coach. It clearly hasnt worked. If we sack him, its the simplest solution. We will probably hit upon the correct solution. If it's wrong then we can keep the new coach and nothing is lost.

The other great thing about sacking buckley is that we'll all get to feel better in the short-term - guaranteed!

agreed,
I find it amusing that people justify sacking coaches purely on ladder position and wins and losses. if we did this then MM never would have been around in 2010 to win us a flag because technically after 2002-03. we went backwards. yet the club had faith in the process
MM had runs on the board re coaching successful sides and playing regular finals. Buckley doesn't as yet. We don't know if his process will even work, we just hope.

This blind devotion by some to a guy who hasn't really proven himself as a quality senior coach even though he is a club legend is admirable but Buckley should be held to account as any other coach is. I think the jury is still out and next year is absolutely make or break for him. If we don't make significant improvement and play finals at a minimum then I'd say he will be judged a failure by the majority of the rank and file and by Eddie and Pert most importantly and he'll be gone. Continued regression or stagnation shouldn't be tolerated or excused just because it's Bucks imo.

Saying all that I hope like hell that Buckley is the man to lead us to continued success and a premiership. No one deserves it more than him.

Last edited:
MM had runs on the board re coaching successful sides and playing regular finals. Buckley doesn't as yet. We don't know if his process will even work, we just hope.

This blind devotion by some to a guy who hasn't really proven himself as a quality senior coach even though he is a club legend is admirable but Buckley should be held to account as any other coach is. I think the jury is still out and next year is absolutely make or break for him. If we don't make significant improvement and play finals at a minimum then I'd say he will be judged a failure by the majority of the rank and file and by Eddie and Pert most importantly and he'll be gone. Continued regression or stagnation shouldn't be tolerated or excused just because it's Bucks imo.

Saying all that I hope like hell that Buckley is the man to lead us to continued success and a premiership. No one deserves it more than him.
I completely agree. but some on this forum believe that the jury is purely based on wins and losses in any given year. whereas that purely is not the case. I like many am a paying member and want to see the club win a flag every year but the competition is designed so that this is in reality impossible. the wheel will turn even for Hawthorn. I'm certainly not saying bucks will not be under pressure but it will not be this year.

We won one Premiership.
Went mighty close to a second.
But both Geelong and Hawthorn have won three over a sustained period.
Hawks may even get four.
So, where did we go wrong?
Why didn't we sustain the success that was so hard fought to obtain?
Not sure it's just a coaching thing.
But both a Hawthorn and Geelong, the cats in particular, we're happy to keep players who may have been on the edge outside the club environment because of their on field contributions.
We seem to have subscribed to the AFL's politically correct mantra in that we are not a sporting club, but a club who's primary reason for existence is to drive social reform.
We have lost our way.
And that's not the coaches fault.
Ed may need a mirror.

Which was expected considering he was handed a very good list, team has gone backwards since his taken over.
Dont agree.

He turfed the shitheads and troublemakers, and is building a new team.

Bucks will be coach for the next 10 years at least.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back