EDFL magoos

Remove this Banner Ad

yep, goon gave em a fair old touch up!! Goon would have to be flag favourites in the 2's now easily the best team weve played so far!!

Happened last year to could happen again.

NNG best side at the moment but there are some other decent sides, a lot depends on senior teams in finals and qualifying players at the end of the year.

Having those 3 games taken off them at the start of the year is probably the best thing that could've happened to the Goon magoos. They have the motivation again now. Will be very hard to beat in any game for the rest of the year now.

Upset of the year so far, Garfield beating Ellinbank. 3rd bottom beating top spot. only a game seperates the top 6 or 7 teams i think.

NNG had 10 out from the game against Cora Lynn last week, played terribly and still beat the then 2nd placed side by 5 or 6 goals. I'm telling you now, unless something drastically goes wrong they won't lose another game for the year.

I saw Spencer Noonan's name is the two's last week. What's going on there? Is it just that hard to get a game at the goon this year?

Yeah Spence was in the ones up until he got injured. He had a calf strain or something and missed one or two, then when he was right couldn't crack it for a game in the ones so come back through the magoos.

Probably a bit stiff that when he was ready to come back, the ones had almost a full squad to pick from that week. Probably even more stiff this week to "tweak" a hammy at training Thursday night. With Dean Kelly out you would think he may have got back in.

Yeah Spence was in the ones up until he got injured. He had a calf strain or something and missed one or two, then when he was right couldn't crack it for a game in the ones so come back through the magoos.

Probably a bit stiff that when he was ready to come back, the ones had almost a full squad to pick from that week. Probably even more stiff this week to "tweak" a hammy at training Thursday night. With Dean Kelly out you would think he may have got back in.

no "pun" intended?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have since heard that Gfield had a very good team in for the weekend. They're not as bad people think. Just like our 2's.

i meant that we had a good team in also. obviously we struggle seein as we have only won 1 game and were prob lucky to get away with it. wont be our only win for the year tho.

Looks like it will be a close finish for finals spots in the 2s this year, only 2 games from top to 9th. NNG best side in it and look safe, but all others spots are up for grabs. Ellinbank are top but play lots of top sides on the run home so even they are not safe yet.

The Goon two's have had a heap out over the last few weeks but keep winning. Had probably the worst side in for the year on the weekend and if they don't get a few back for this week they might struggle to beat Ellinbank. In saying that, if they get back close to full strength later in the year, no one will get near them.

Thought you guys must have had a few out. Was surprised to see our two's get so close considering we have lost 7 or 8 guys from our senior team to injury over the last couple of weeks, meaning they have had a lot of their good players come up.

Always though our two's would be one of the better sides once they got their act together though. Probably left their run a little to late though.

Yeah they literally had about half their side out. Put it this way, against Cora Lynn there were 8 blokes who missed out on a game altogether. On the weekend, all of those blokes started in the 18 and they had to play 2 or 3 from the U18's. There's still 4 or 5 to come back into the seniors and at least that in the magoos.

NNG will finish top then any of about 6 teams could finish second. Just had a look and ellibank play NNG, Catani, NNS, Buln and CL, all those games could go either way. Going to be very interesting last few rounds and could see some teams whose ones are low on the ladder dropping players back in the next few weeks. Nyora plays the bottom 4 sides so i think we can make it in if we win all of those and pick up some %.

If you got the spine of a top team and say nng or garfield and a ruckman, and the rest of the team made up of the best 2nds player's in the comp, must play 7 or more game's this year,would they beat any senior team in the comp and who?

Do you mean Nar Nar Goon senior spine and then two's players in the other places?

Yes they would definitely beat Longwarry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back