Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why people are discussing Tom Mitchell's future. Won't be going anywhere.

Will the Frankston tradition continue?

Newman named Fothergill-Round Medalist

Frankston defender Nic Newman has been named the Fothergill-Round Medalist in the VFL for season 2014.

The promising former Dandenong Southern Stingrays player in the TAC Cup has had a standout second season in the VFL playing all 17 games for the Dolphins and averaging 23 disposals and seven marks a game.

A raft of Dolphins id give serious consideration to and a player I've brought up a couple of times throughout the year.

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-118-0-0-0&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=31089947

Watson, Stanton, Fletcher on the veterans list also, with Ryder to go on next year.

Salary cap shouldn't be in too bad shape.
Fletch on the vets list creates no extra cap space. He's been on it for 9 years.

I didnt realise we needed players just to tackle? Anyway Crameri has produced more one percenters and kicked so many more goals. Playing further up the ground as his disposals and actual viewing would suggest.

Edit: Also Ambrose is poor/pathetic on the ground. Laughable.

If i had Ambrose and Crameri sitting there and had a choice between who to pick, i sure know who id take every day of the week.
Bit harsh on Ambrose, far from pathetic for a first year player..Give him time..194cm players aren't really expected to dominate on the ground..He's a good kick who needs to snag 2-3 goals a week and work his butt off, which is precisely what he is doing..

Crameri would be on the same money as Chappy Zerrett and Ambrose combined, we're well ahead on that deal...

Bit harsh on Ambrose, far from pathetic for a first year player..Give him time..194cm players aren't really expected to dominate on the ground..He's a good kick who needs to snag 2-3 goals a week and work his butt off, which is precisely what he is doing..

Crameri would be on the same money as Chappy Zerrett and Ambrose combined, we're well ahead on that deal...

If he didn't have the Paul Salmon ball drop there would be no questioning his disposal. His field and goal kicking is really good.

Back flanker from Frankston...seems about right. Can certainly play (and kick more importantly) and would be a fantastic rookie selection IMO, could walk into a side like Melbourne and kill it from day 1.

There are a stack of state leaguers around this year (even Matt Panos has gone back to SA and dominated as an onballer) but i'm still driving the Dan Connors bandwagon.

Since coming back from an unfortunate kitchen accident when he almost sliced off the end of his thumb he's kicked 4, 1, 5, 4, 3, 2, 5, 4 essentially playing full forward.

There's no way we'll do it (not will anyone else for that matter) but the guy is an absolute natural and a goal kicker.

Dont know, what are they on?

Wouldnt think Jetta would be getting paid huge. There would still be many players who have signed for more money as most of our players are on the rise.
Hmm well you'd think Winders would be on somewhere in the 300-450k range (but that might be an over-estimation), Jetta maybe 150-250k, and if Howlett goes I'd think he'd be in the 200-300k range as well, Pears maybe 200-300k as well?

Depending on who we offload we should have room to breath.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back flanker from Frankston...seems about right. Can certainly play (and kick more importantly) and would be a fantastic rookie selection IMO, could walk into a side like Melbourne and kill it from day 1.

There are a stack of state leaguers around this year (even Matt Panos has gone back to SA and dominated as an onballer) but i'm still driving the Dan Connors bandwagon.

Since coming back from an unfortunate kitchen accident when he almost sliced off the end of his thumb he's kicked 4, 1, 5, 4, 3, 2, 5, 4 essentially playing full forward.

There's no way we'll do it (not will anyone else for that matter) but the guy is an absolute natural and a goal kicker.

Think we'll see upwards of 10 this year. Just a gut feeling I'm getting with some words floating around the traps.

Hmm well you'd think Winders would be on somewhere in the 300-450k range (but that might be an over-estimation), Jetta maybe 150-250k, and if Howlett goes I'd think he'd be in the 200-300k range as well, Pears maybe 200-300k as well?

Depending on who we offload we should have room to breath.

Why would that happen?

So your saying because Fletch has been on the vets list for 9 years it doesn't have a positive effect on our cap space in 2014?

It doesn't free up space. If Fletch is on 300k with 200k in the cap, it's been 200k worth of salary cap since 2003 or so.

JDavey post: 34611179 said:
Rumors that clubs out west are interested. From a list management perspective Howlett is a slower midfielder without x-factor, may be interested to move him on for the right price.
I'd be gutted if Howlett left. Hasn't had his best year, but I've always thought he's been one of our best for the few years prior.

Id love the club to look at Shannon Taylor from Frankston. Could be had late in the draft maybe even as a rookie. Could be a real player given the chance

I've already explained what I meant by it and you're taking what I said out of context. Crameri was never a very good set shot at goal. You think he would've converted his chances into scores and won us those games? I disagree.

Crameri's poor kicking is a myth - Very much in the middle for accuracy of that cohort of players who kick around 40 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back