Emma Quayle says "Crows and Bulldogs did best on draft day"

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably why the hell did we not take Natanui but dont let a lie get in the way of a good story.

Rougheads ruckwork superior to Natanuis how. In what way. Dont make generalised comments that mean nothing without atleast trying to back them up. Natanui has a higher leap reach, is stronger body on body, has great control over his taps, can rove his own tap work, great tackles, in the top 2 for clearances himself for the year in the U18. Emmas basing her stats on the fact Jordan broke even with Natanui in one game in which Natanui played injured in

What did Jordan Roughead do that was better then that. Jordan averaged 7 disposals 3 marks at TAC Cup level. Natanui averaged 12 possessions 4 marks 15 hitouts at WAFL level...

Again you prove yourself to be a complete waste of time. I've made my point, which has now been supported by evidence from The Cotch, and you've chosen to ignore it (or lack the comprehension skills to understand it). I'm not going to repeat myself.

Congratulations on getting the best 5 players in the draft, who will doubtlessly all be inducted into the AFL Hall of Fame and dominate the brownlow count for the next 15 years, because an astute observer like you knows already how they'll turn out. Have fun with that.

Probably why the hell did we not take Natanui but dont let a lie get in the way of a good story.

Rougheads ruckwork superior to Natanuis how. In what way. Dont make generalised comments that mean nothing without atleast trying to back them up. Natanui has a higher leap reach, is stronger body on body, has great control over his taps, can rove his own tap work, great tackles, in the top 2 for clearances himself for the year in the U18. Emmas basing her stats on the fact Jordan broke even with Natanui in one game in which Natanui played injured in

What did Jordan Roughead do that was better then that. Jordan averaged 7 disposals 3 marks at TAC Cup level. Natanui averaged 12 possessions 4 marks 15 hitouts at WAFL level...

Lets not forget that NicNat rucked against 200cm+, 100kg+ men all year in the WAFL. Many of which have been on AFL lists.

Roughead has been playing against all sorts, many undersized 195cm types and some 200cm blokes with the hand eye coordination of an 8yr old. With only 2-3 quality opponents who at the end of the day are also inexperienced 18yr olds.

People also make mention of how NicNat doesnt find much of the ball. He averaged 12 touches, which is only 1-2 less per game than Rich, Hartlett, Hill et al.

Again you prove yourself to be a complete waste of time. I've made my point, which has now been supported by evidence from The Cotch, and you've chosen to ignore it (or lack the comprehension skills to understand it). I'm not going to repeat myself.

Congratulations on getting the best 5 players in the draft, who will doubtlessly all be inducted into the AFL Hall of Fame and dominate the brownlow count for the next 15 years, because an astute observer like you knows already how they'll turn out. Have fun with that.

If you call sweeping generalised statements a point then well done

One player who was drafted yesterday had said he found Roughead a tougher opponent than Naitanui because of Roughead's superior understanding of the game. He had to concentrate a lot more when opposed to Roughead because Nick Nat aside from his rucking didnt have the same impact. I suspect Emma heard that pre-draft as well and has gone with it claiming Roughead to be the best ruckman.

So that player cant man up in other words. Natanui is a different ruckman cos instead of wandering around the field like his lost and running to get a cheap stat Natanui is on the bottom of the pack and feeding the ball to his midfielders.

Of course playing against someone who is running you of your feet is harder. Thats not rocket science

Lets not forget that NicNat rucked against 200cm+, 100kg+ men all year in the WAFL. Many of which have been on AFL lists.

Roughead has been playing against all sorts, many undersized 195cm types and some 200cm blokes with the hand eye coordination of a mildly *ed 8yr old. With only 2-3 quality opponents who at the end of the day are also inexperienced 18yr olds.

People also make mention of how NicNat doesnt find much of the ball. He averaged 12 touches, which is only 1-2 less per game than Rich, Hartlett, Hill et al.

I never knew the WAFL's ruck stocks were so impressive.

She just lost all respect when she proclaimed Jordan Roughead to be a better ruckman then Nicolas Natanui. ..
Is this what you are upset about ?

"Roughead could easily prove the best ruckmen of this pool — his actual ruck work is a highlight"

If so, why are you so up in arms ? Natanui isn't even mentioned and she's speculating about future outcomes.

Disagree, but couldn't be bothered arguing about it.

Agreed.

Seems? Did you utilise crystals to channel that?

Shaun idolises Corey and is as rabid a North supporter as you could ever meet.

The kid obviously idolises Corey and bases his game around him, but I doubt very much whether he'd want to live up to the legacy left by his brother. He visibly cringed when asked how he compares to his brother.

Phil Davis is a huge Port supporter, I suppose we'll lose him in a couple of years too. Just like we lost Scott Thompson, another huge Port supporter. Ziebell is a huge Collingwood supporter, I guess he'll be gone in 2-3 years as well.

Is this what you are upset about ?

"Roughead could easily prove the best ruckmen of this pool — his actual ruck work is a highlight"

If so, why are you so up in arms ? Natanui isn't even mentioned and she's speculating about future outcomes.

Its a sweeping statement which she has failed to back up with anything even close to proof or a rational thought.

I never knew the WAFL's ruck stocks were so impressive.

Warnock was hardly ripping it up in the WAFL. Infact Natanui outperformed Warnock in the WAFL over the course of the year. Warnock couldnt even get the number 1 ruck spot in his WAFL side...

The kid obviously idolises Corey and bases his game around him, but I doubt very much whether he'd want to live up to the legacy left by his brother. He visibly cringed when asked how he compares to his brother.

I would think the logical deduction to that response was not, "whether he'd want to live up to the legacy left by his brother", but rather the fact that he is sick and tired of being asked that question, and being constantly compared to Corey. Any prospective AFL draftee would stoked to end up having a career compared to Corey McKernans.

Phil Davis is a huge Port supporter, I suppose we'll lose him in a couple of years too. Just like we lost Scott Thompson, another huge Port supporter. Ziebell is a huge Collingwood supporter, I guess he'll be gone in 2-3 years as well.

Davis stays in Adelaide, Thompson wanted out to go back home and Zeibell has only stated that he was wrapped that he didn't have to go to Brisbane. BTW, Zeibell showed up this morning for North training.

I haven't seen MacKay sprint away from anyone yet, he doesn't seem to have that burst of speed (not from what I have seen)

Its pretty hard to see all those guys play, when most SANFL games are on at the same time as Freo games ;) But I know Jacky has pace, but he'll never be a midfielder. Cook I haven't seen any of, Armstrong I know is a KPP or 3rd Tall (pretty sure). Patrenko and Martin were/are rookie listers so they may not make it, they may, but I know Patrenko is a small forward who may in turn play midfield and I know he has pace, but as I said small forward first.

I still think that shows a lack of speedy midfielders.. but thats my opinion. Plus it doesn't help when your team has an unhealthy fascination with picking KPP. I feel sorry for Davis because based on previous drafts,he's going to be like Sellar, Meesen etc ;)
Check out Mackays goal against Collingwood in the elim final. ;)

Warnock was hardly ripping it up in the WAFL. Infact Natanui outperformed Warnock in the WAFL over the course of the year. Warnock couldnt even get the number 1 ruck spot in his WAFL side...

Sorry Embers, I've got no idea what you're going on about. I was responding to TOA's claim that Naitanui was rucking against 200cm+ 100kg+ rucks all year, a lot of whom had been on an AFL list. Nothing to do with Warnock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a sweeping statement which she has failed to back up with anything even close to proof or a rational thought.

It's a 2 - 3 sentence grab that she provided at the end of the summaries of each team's selections. It's not supposed to be an in depth analysis. But even if it was, where does she opine that Roughead is a better ruckman that Natanui ?

lol, obviously wernt watching it intensely, we barrelled home like 8 goals in the 2nd.

but yeh, check out mackays goal. gets it on half back, sprints off his opponents, couple of handballs, nails from inside 50.
Oh don't worry I was watching it, I just don't remember it too well, apart from you losing and me working out what I was going to do before my bro got home before he could get angry!

NVB for starters.

Who have you got that I should be keeping an eye out for, barring Daniel Kerr since you barred Scotty T?

Natanui :p. In reality Masten Ebert Butler are far as youngsters go are alright in the clearance stakes. Especially Masten. Shuey was one of the best inside midfielders in the TAC. Swift is another clearance winner. Priddis does a half decent job in the clearance stakes. Shannon Hurn has been having a great pre season in the midfield so far and has that mongrel about him to get the hard ball. If anything we have too many clearance machines

Im more interested to see the footage of someone who isnt Scott Thompson below the age of 30 winning a clearance.

Dude you're embarrassing yourself :D

Just give it up, noone gives a s**t about your opinion.

But thanks for the laugh, I was previously unaware of Adelaide picking no CHFs until you told me.

People DO give a s**t about Emma's opinion, so just leave it at that.

Im more interested to see the footage of someone who isnt Scott Thompson below the age of 30 winning a clearance.
Once again showing you know little about teams other than your own.

Obviously you haven't seen much of Van Berlo, Vince, Knights and Reilly.

Once again showing you know little about teams other than your own.

Obviously you haven't seen much of Van Berlo, Vince, Knights and Reilly.
VB and Reilly go for clearances, VB wins a few, but Reilly doesn't win many. Vince doesn't win clearances and neither does Knights, they are outside players.

VB and Reilly go for clearances, VB wins a few, but Reilly doesn't win many. Vince doesn't win clearances and neither does Knights, they are outside players.

Vince isnt really an outside player, hes still got a very good tough aspect of his game. 2.33 clearances a game, including 7 against Richmond and 6 against Hawthorn, not brilliant, but fairly decent performance for the year considering where hes at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back